change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need Surprise Birthday party suggestion

by Loverbee Online Now May 27, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi everyone,
      My wife's 40th birthday is coming up and I'd like to throw her a surprise party with about 15 people in the Pasadena/Altadena area. She loves nature, outdoors in general. Anybody knows of a gem location in a decent price range? (Huntington, ec... are too expensive for me)
      Thx for any insight !!

1 Answer May 27, 2014 at 9:52 PM
    • we135b's Profile Photo

2014 Rose Parade Parking

by we135b Online Now Dec 26, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Where is the best place to park for the 2014 rose parade? Easy in and out is preferred over proximity. Our seats are at the corner of Colorado and Orange Grove.

8 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 4:04 PM
    • Catching Cab from Parsons Parking

by billbob5 Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM

We plan to take a cab to the Parsons lot and catch a shuttle to the Rose Bowl. Are there cabs available near the Parsons lot after the game?

1 Answer Dec 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    • swancity's Profile Photo

LAX to Pasadena driving at night

by swancity Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 11:09 PM

We will be arriving at LAX around 9:30 pm and will pick up rental car and driving to Pasadena. Will the traffic quiter around midnight? I figure by the time all things done,it will be closer to midnight. Any thought? Thx for input

3 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    • LA to Descanso Gardens via Gold Line Metro

by seawabear Online Now Mar 7, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Can anyone tell me if I can reach Descanso Gardens via Metro Gold Line from downtown LA and if so, what stop I should get off at? Thank you. I am from Seattle, WA

3 Answers Jul 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    • Rose Bowl parade

by jlarr57 Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Has anyone gone to the parade near the end of it and been able to get close enogh to see anything. Any suggestions.

thanks

3 Answers Dec 29, 2009 at 6:20 PM
    • EPTraveler's Profile Photo

Glendale Hotel closer to a Gold Line stop

by EPTraveler Online Now Jun 26, 2007 at 1:18 PM

We have tickets for the 2008 Rose Parade and are struggling with the rates and availablity for lodging in Pasadena. Could anyone recommend a moderately priced hotel in Glendale that is a short cab ride to one of the Gold Line stops.

Thank you VT'rs

Joel

3 Answers Jun 27, 2007 at 11:34 AM

Rose Parade 2008 - Have seats...now where to stay??

by EPTraveler Online Now Feb 1, 2007 at 12:55 PM

I just reserved seats for the parade that are very close to the corner of Orange Grove and Colorado. My next challenge is to figure out where to stay, and how to get through the New Years Day madness to the parade. We are trying to avoid renting a car at this point. A couple questions for anyone who can help:

1. Are there any mid-priced hotels located within walking distance of that intersection?

2. If not, are there hotels that offer transportation to the Parade either free of charge to their guests, or for a minimal fee?

If there is smarter way to do this that anyone can recommend,I am totally open to suggestions at this point.

Thank you.

Joel

4 Answers Feb 5, 2007 at 1:02 PM
    • Rose Parade--where to sit

by rferr Online Now Dec 28, 2006 at 11:11 AM

I'm thinking of trying to see the Rose Parade by arriving on 1/1 in the early AM and sitting near the end of the parade route. Will there be decent viewing opportunities or am I nuts and just need to bite the bullet and arrive a day ahead?
      Kerry

4 Answers Dec 28, 2006 at 9:20 PM
    • Pasadena, CA: Need Suggestions for a surprise Birthday dinner

by SecretBirthday Online Now Nov 14, 2006 at 1:25 PM

My girlfriend's 30th birthday is coming up, and me and her friends want to throw a surprise birthday party at a nice restaurant.

There's going to be about 20 people and we want it to be around20-30 per person, and the restaurant should be pretty classy.

We were thinking of Houston's restaurant, but they wouldn't take reservations for more than 5 people.

Any suggestions?

4 Answers Nov 30, 2006 at 3:36 PM

Rose Parade 2008

by EPTraveler Online Now Nov 7, 2006 at 7:58 AM

We would like to attend next year's Parade (New Years Day, 2008). I am looking for tips on how to have the best experience with the least amount of stress. Is it too late to plan for 2008? I appreciate anyone who can help with:

Where to stay;
      Who to go to for reserved bleacher seats for the parade;
      How to get from hotel to parade;
      Information on how to tour the floats before and after the parade. Possibly watch them being made.

We are not looking for a bargin basement experience, but always appreciate a good deal.

Thanks you!

Joel

6 Answers Nov 13, 2006 at 6:41 PM
    • karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Restaurant recommendations in Pasadena area?

by karenincalifornia Online Now Jun 23, 2006 at 10:25 PM

I lived in Pasadena until 1997 and will be returning with my family for a short visit in a couple of weeks after being away for 9 years. I'm no longer familiar with the restaurant scene. We want to eat dinner a couple of nights in Pasadena (or South Pas). What is your favorite restaurant in either city?

Karen

2 Answers Jun 29, 2006 at 4:31 PM
    • grammakarla's Profile Photo

riding stables

by grammakarla Online Now Nov 29, 2004 at 5:38 PM

Also, 3 experienced riders want to trail ride in Pasadena area - hope there are stables somewhere close.... holidaying in feb. 05 thanks, Karla

1 Answer Oct 26, 2005 at 11:39 AM
    • grammakarla's Profile Photo

golf in Pasadena area

by grammakarla Online Now Nov 29, 2004 at 5:36 PM

Anyone know of a municipal or reasonable rate course in Pasadena area? Plan to visit in feb. 05 and will have a rental car to get around. thanks Karla

2 Answers Dec 6, 2004 at 4:08 PM