Pasadena Travel Answers

change location

LA to Descanso Gardens via Gold Line Metro

by seawabear Online Now Mar 7, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Can anyone tell me if I can reach Descanso Gardens via Metro Gold Line from downtown LA and if so, what stop I should get off at? Thank you. I am from Seattle, WA

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • sandyn's Profile Photo

Re: LA to Descanso Gardens via Gold Line Metro

by sandyn Online Now Mar 7, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Sorry, you are unable to reach Descanso Gardens from any Gold Line stops.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • GlobeTrekr's Profile Photo

Re: LA to Descanso Gardens via Gold Line Metro

by GlobeTrekr Online Now Mar 8, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Like Sandy said, you won't be able to reach Descanso Gardens via Gold line.

Few different ways you can go though. Please correct me if I'm wrong Sandy or any other VTer that can help out if I'm wrong.

Take the metro bus line 90 from downtown LA (along Hill St.) northbound and get off Glendale Ave/Broadway. Purchase a transfer ticket upon boarding the 90 to catch the Glendale Beeline 3 at Glendale Ave/Broadway. Take the Glendale Beeline 3 northbound and get off on Foothill Blvd/Alta Canyada Rd. Thats about as close as you'll get and then its walking from there (Google it so you can see the distance, city of La CaƱada Flintridge).

Take a look at these sites for some helpful info:

http://www.mta.net/

http://www.glendalebeeline.com/

• Re: LA to Descanso Gardens via Gold Line Metro

by Moonblazer Online Now Jul 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM

You cannot get to Descanso Garden via Gold Line. Your best bet is to go metro.net and search for a bus route that takes you from the closet stop of the Gold Line to the closet point of the Garden. California is a culture of cars. The system has been set up that way by the oil and automobile industry decades ago to boost their profits. The LA County Arboretum is a bit more accessible by public transportation as it's located near a major mall.

Whatever you do, watch out for the money-hungry cops in Pasadena. They are out in force to make money from writing tickets aggressively to make up for the city growing deficits (poor management). I would discourage all tourists to stay out of Pasadena until they clean up a very deeply corrupt police department.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines