Pasadena Travel Answers

change location

Rose Bowl parade

by jlarr57 Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Has anyone gone to the parade near the end of it and been able to get close enogh to see anything. Any suggestions.

thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Mnavarro's Profile Photo

Re: Rose Bowl parade

by Mnavarro Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Hi - I work in the city of Pasadena and have been to the Rose Parade quite a few times. If you really want to see the parade on January 1, I suggest you buy a seat in any of the locations along Colorado Boulevard (visit the Rose Parade website on how to buy a seat). If you want to see the floats closer, you can watch it along the parade route on the curbside but you can also take a closer look at the floats when they are parked at a designated location after the parade usually in an area along Sierra Madre Boulevard. I hope this helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

by bocmaxima Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Yeah, just go see the floats on Sierra Madre after the parade. To see the actual parade, you'll need to buy a seat, rent a view above it (very expensive, and almost certainly too late for this year), or go ahead and bring your chair out to Colorado Blvd now, because those people are out there for well over 36 hours in advance. The float viewing doesn't attract nearly as many people as the parade, although it's still definitely crowded.

• cheap_tourist's Profile Photo

by cheap_tourist Online Now Dec 29, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I've seen the parade a couple of times near the middle of the route. Both times, there were about 6 - 8 persons in front of me, but I was still able to see the floats, the equestrians, and the bands.

BTW, with MTA's Gold Line, it's easy getting to the parade. I got off at Lake station and I was on Colorado Blvd. at 8 am. The vanguard of the parade didn't reach my spot until around 15 minutes later.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines