Pasadena Travel Answers

change location
EPTraveler's Profile Photo

Glendale Hotel closer to a Gold Line stop

by EPTraveler Online Now Jun 26, 2007 at 1:18 PM

We have tickets for the 2008 Rose Parade and are struggling with the rates and availablity for lodging in Pasadena. Could anyone recommend a moderately priced hotel in Glendale that is a short cab ride to one of the Gold Line stops.

Thank you VT'rs

Joel

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • sandyn's Profile Photo

Re: Glendale Hotel closer to a Gold Line stop

by sandyn Online Now Jun 26, 2007 at 2:59 PM

Did you look at Arcadia? Short cab ride to Gold Line at Sierra Madre Blvd. Santa Anita Inn runs about70.00 a night, Hampton Inn around109.00 per night, Embassy Suites (which includes breakfast and Happy Hour, which I recommend) at239.00 per night. Also call Pasadena Visitor's Bureau (they have a website) for other suggestions.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Jun 26, 2007 at 6:06 PM

Sorry, but the Gold line really will not help you with lodging in Glendale.

Consider a map of the Pasadena/Glendale area. Now imagine a clock with the Rose Bowl parade site in the middle of it. You will find that one end of the Gold line is at 6:00, and the other about 2:00. Glendale is about 9:00.

• EPTraveler's Profile Photo

by EPTraveler Online Now Jun 27, 2007 at 11:34 AM

No availability in Arcadia unfortunately. We need lodging for 12/31 - 1/2/08. The hotels in Arcadia are either full or have 3 night minimums, we only need two nights. I guess the alternative would be to stay in LA and come into Pasadena from that direction. Although, I have been told to avoid this because of the enormous number of people going to the parade from that direction. I was hoping to find a place in Glendale that was maybe 10 - 15 minute cab ride from the hotel to a gold line stop. It sounds like this may not be possible. I need to get from “9” to “6” on the Rose Parade Clock!!

We will keep checking around. I called the Tourist Bureau and didn’t have much luck with them.

Thanks again!

Joel

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines