Parris Island Travel Answers

change location

Marine Graduation

by SWhitsell Online Now Mar 5, 2003 at 1:51 PM

Tell me the best place to stay and how to get to Parris Island for Marine Graduation.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • AGBAT's Profile Photo

Re: Marine Graduation

by AGBAT Online Now Mar 5, 2003 at 3:23 PM

Use this web site for information. Read the pop-up window to get information about entry onto the base http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/ One the left side bar are links to graduation dates, lodging, etc.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Randall_Burt's Profile Photo

Re: Marine Graduation

by Randall_Burt Online Now Mar 6, 2003 at 3:08 AM

There is a Howard Johnsons just down the road from the base. I stayed there and its real nice. You get a breakfast included with stay there. Really neat to see the Little lake or whatever behind Hotel. It almost dries up at low tide. It was real interesting. Randall.

• Mairy's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Marine Graduation

by Mairy Online Now Jun 2, 2003 at 1:23 PM

I have a question for whoever stayed at the Howard Johnson. Do they provide transportation to pick you up at the Hilton Head Airport? Do they provide shuttle buses to and from MCRD for Family Day and Graduation? I'm going to call the facility of course, but if anybody out there could share their own personal information with the place, that would really be nice. Thanks in advance.

• Randall_Burt's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Marine Graduation

by Randall_Burt Online Now Jun 3, 2003 at 10:13 AM

Hello Mairy. Im sorry on the slow responce. When I stayed to at Howard Johnsons, I had the car. I just checked out a website on the Howard Johnsons and couldn,t find any information on transportation. I stayed in Bufort once but I miised the Graduation at Parris Island because of a storm in Buffalo that shut the Airport down. Have a fun time at Parris Island. Take many pics or video, Randall.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines