Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• History of dolphins

Novo Airão 22 hours ago

Who first tamed the dolphins at this location . Novo Airao

more
    • 2 months in floripa

Florianópolis Dec 10, 2014 at 9:03 PM

We're a couple in their 30s coming to relax and have some quiet beach time in Florianopolis (Feb 6th, 2015 to April 15th). No clubs nor parties for this trip. It's more of a healing journey during treatment. We'll have a car so we can move from place to place but we'd rather stay in Florianopolis for a long time, a month for sure.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with looking for a place to stay. Does anyone know an imobilaria that could help me?

Or could anyone suggest where I look?

Thanks!

John

more
    • workaway type volunteering in Brasil

Brasília Dec 10, 2014 at 5:41 AM

hi, I am new to this website so I hope you can help me. I am also new to Brasil, and looking for a workaway style volunteering opportunity ie at hostals etc, somewhere by the sea for Christmas and New Year... I am currently in Rio and would ideally like anywhere between here and Florianapolis in the South, or to the north, but not so far that will cost lots of Reals to get to... I am already on workaway already, but getting no luck on there, whether that is because I speak no Portugese (yet) or that I am older traveller, or its just a busy time of year... I am a positive and enthusiastic backpacker... so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • NativeAm's Profile Photo

Detention Center in Sao Paulo, Brazil

São Paulo Dec 5, 2014 at 3:29 PM

A friend was deported to Brazil from Africa very recently. Although he was using his Brazilian passport, he has not been in Brazil for many years...he is a USA green card holder but his green card has expired. I do not know the Portuguese language but I was told the Federal police station where he is being held is on Rua Guainases? Does anyone know where I can get information on him?

more
    • petia_a_z's Profile Photo

online ticket for the bus from Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro

Brazil Dec 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Hi to everybody,
      I'm going to visit Brazil next february and tried to purchase online a bus ticket from Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro but understood about the CRF number. How can I take it and pls tell me how can i purchase the ticket without this CRF number?

more
    • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

Xmas/New Year's travel

Brazil Dec 11, 2014 at 7:01 AM

I'll be heading to Brazil (Sao Paolo, Rio, Salvador) for Xmas and New Year's. How easy will it be to get last minute flights/buses at that time?

As i do not have a CPF, i'm having trouble booking on-line, plus i hate to be so set-in-stone. Can i get a ticket with a day or 2 notice? Will everything be sold out? Will transport prices go through the roof?

more
    • Iguazu to Lima, Peru

by Yecca Online Now Jul 31, 2010 at 9:25 AM

What's the best way to get from Iguazu to Lima via bus? We don't have visas so not sure if we can go through Brazil, Paraguay, or Bolivia.

thank you :)

10 Answers Aug 14, 2010 at 8:42 AM
    • cbolenski's Profile Photo

Adventure Boat Ride

by cbolenski Online Now Jun 1, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Hello Everyone,

We are planning a trip to Iguassu falls in October, later this year.

We were hoping to do a jet boat ride up to the falls, but heard you can do this from both the Argentine and Brazilian sides. Does anyone know which side is better? I heard that the Argentine side is not as expensive but just as good? I heard the Brazilian side does a video of your ride which you can purchase? Would we need to book this in advance or can I just turn up on the day?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 2, 2008 at 11:21 AM
    • sasch's Profile Photo

hotelesturion

by sasch Online Now Aug 14, 2007 at 4:12 AM

Hi,

can anybody recommend this hotel or did anybody know this hotel and how far is it to the Falls ?
      hotelesturion.com/english/ho...

thanks,
      S

2 Answers Aug 15, 2007 at 2:26 PM
    • sasch's Profile Photo

Yellow Fever immunisation

by sasch Online Now Aug 14, 2007 at 3:52 AM

Hey Travellers,

do I need for the Nacional do Iguacu a yellow fever immunisation ?

I hear from my doctors its necessary, from friends I hear its not necessary.
      mmh, what now?

thanks for all postings,

S

6 Answers Aug 15, 2007 at 9:09 AM
    • Visa for Paraguay & Argentina at border crossing

by Moonta Online Now Mar 20, 2007 at 10:47 PM

I will be visiting Foz do Iguacu via the Brazilian side and want to enter into the Paraguayan side and Argentinian side. Is it possible to obtain on the spot visas at the border crossing? I wont be spending any other time in either country and do not have round trip flights out of either country as I will be returning to Brazil and continuing back to Sao Paulo.

3 Answers Mar 2, 2010 at 2:42 AM
    • 2 days in Iguacu

by DB100 Online Now Feb 2, 2006 at 8:43 AM

Hi I´m spending just under 2 days in the Iguacu area, arriving in the Brazilian side early afternoon on 7th March, leaving Argentinian side early afternoon on 9th March. What is the best way I could plan my trip. I am thinking of spending one night in each side in the cities. Is it possible to see the falls in the afternoon or just the morning. I´m also very interested in doing the speedboat trip under the falls. Do I need to allow time for crossing the border as I´ll be spending 3 months in Argentina after crossing the border?

Can anyone help me plan these 2 days so I can get as much in as possible.

Thanks

1 Answer Feb 6, 2006 at 6:26 AM
    • VolsUT's Profile Photo

How long do I need?

by VolsUT Online Now Jun 23, 2005 at 7:28 PM

How much time do I really need to see Iguassu? As of now Im flying in at noon and out at 3pm the next on my way to Rio. Is this enough time?

1 Answer Jun 23, 2005 at 8:23 PM
    • dariov's Profile Photo

Foz City!

by dariov Online Now Jun 2, 2005 at 2:40 PM

Hi
      I am travelling to Foz in September.

I have decided to stay in Foz City Center as it makes it easier to get to see the falls from both the Argentine side and the Brazillian side!

Oh, and the hotels are cheaper in the City Center!

I have 2 questions:

1) After going to the falls, I am planning to go to Rio. Are the buses from Foz to Rio comfortable and how much do they cost? I'm not too bothered with time, I travelled 24 hours in the US on Greyhound in April !

2) If I chose to fly from Foz to Rio, how much would it cost?

2 Answers Jun 8, 2005 at 4:44 AM
    • travelife's Profile Photo

Hike in the park and then off to Rio

by travelife Online Now Feb 28, 2005 at 6:39 PM

Hello Participants
      I plan to go to Iguacu for a coupla days (perhaps 3 days altogether) mostly to see the falls. Would appreciate if anyone has something to say from their experince on..

1. From Argentinian side of the park how easy is the hike on to Brazilian side and how long? What is the good way to cross the border when I am with backpack?

2. From Brazilian side how frequent are the buses to Rio? Are they comfortable?

Any other related comment would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

2 Answers Mar 2, 2005 at 9:19 AM
    • Foz city

by SarahTh Online Now Feb 28, 2005 at 11:16 AM

1) Is it worth staying in the city itself as opposed to nearer the falls.
      2) Is it easier to get buses from the city centre or are their buses from most hotels?
      3)Can anyone recommend any good 4* hotels? (these seem to be in our price range)
      4) is there anything to do at night in Foz?

(sorry i know i have asked this before)

3 Answers Aug 20, 2005 at 4:36 PM
    • Adventure Tours / getting there/around

by SarahTh Online Now Feb 23, 2005 at 12:10 PM

I grasp that you can do adventure tours (i.e. boat trips and rafting) on both the Barzilian and Argentian side of the falls. Is this right? If so which is better? Also - has anyone done the rafting? is it harsh/scary /safe or relatively ok for a bit of a pansy? + I am still unsure whether to stay in the town itself or more towards the falls. We are also planning to go to Itaipu Dam (is this worth a visit?) - so will it be easier to get to the the falls and dam from town (via bus) or do buses stop at the hotels in the coutryside as well (sorry i have asked this before but...) and my final question - we are leaving Rio at the end of March and then have about 12 days to make out way to the falls - we are planning on going down the coast and stopping at ilha do grande and paraty - but are there any other must dos along the way? also - is the last stop we can make really curitiba and then its a 9.5 hour bus journey - or is there anything inbetween? cheers

2 Answers Mar 14, 2005 at 11:42 PM
    • Where to stay/what to do?

by SarahTh Online Now Feb 21, 2005 at 12:10 PM

I am going to visit the falls for 3/4 days in April. For accommodation our options seem to be the Continental Inn, the Refain Palace and the Galli Falls Hotels (Brazil). Does anyone know anything about these? We were thinking of staying in the city (Foz) so that we might be able to enjoy the nightlife? But is there any nightlife, and is it as seedy as some people suggest? Also - do shuttle buses to the falls stop at any of these hotels? What are the must dos for 3 days stay? Thanks

5 Answers Dec 19, 2012 at 4:40 AM
    • Iguazu Falls

by inapagan Online Now Jan 18, 2005 at 1:48 PM

We are planning to visit Buenos Aires and Bariloche in August 2005 and were wondering if we could also visit the Iguazu Falls? How far are these from Buenos Aires or Bariloche? What type of transportation do you recommend? How many days are required to really enjoy the place? Where should we stay? As you see I have a lot of questions Thanks

2 Answers Feb 22, 2005 at 7:44 AM
    • ci_co's Profile Photo

Iguazu to Lima

by ci_co Online Now Jan 13, 2005 at 2:25 AM

Just a quick question: is there any way to go overland from the Iguazu falls to Lima in Peru? Would it mean passing through Paraguay and Boliva or can you go through Argentina and up through Chile... How safe/ practical is a trip like this?

1 Answer Jan 13, 2005 at 3:24 AM
    • Cross-border transportation

by mbmcnev Online Now Dec 13, 2004 at 3:17 PM

I am planning a trip to the falls arriving at the Brazilian airport (IGU) and leaving out of the Argentinian airport (IGR). I have tenative plans to stay at a hotel on the Brazilian side. Does anyone have any tips as far as transportation goes? Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 29, 2004 at 5:34 PM
    • mandybailey's Profile Photo

Some advice on visiting the Falls please!

by mandybailey Online Now Aug 13, 2004 at 6:40 AM

Hi, I'm planning a visit to the falls as part of my trip to Brazil. A few questions: 1) Can anyone recommend a good area to stay in that's not too far from the falls? Is Foz city the best? 2) I've read that you don't really need to book a tour to see the falls on the Brazillian side but that it's recommended for the Argentine side. Is this correct? 3) Is it cheaper and easier to book tours to the falls when I'm in Brazil or should I book from home in advance? 4) If I wanted to see the falls by air where could I do this from? Who can I book it with and is it expensive? 5) I keep reading about the Macuco safari but I'm not sure what it is, can anyone explain? Sorry for so many questions! I'm hoping to travel well informed and prepared! I'll be there for probably two days if anyone wants to suggest an itinery! Thanks!

4 Answers Feb 22, 2005 at 7:47 AM
    • by yourself & high season

by erve Online Now Feb 6, 2004 at 10:23 AM

Hi, I'm planning te be in Puerto Iguazu half march for visiting the falls. I have two questions * I want to arrange a hostel when i arrive. Is it better to do it in advance? Maybe it's high season over there.... * Can you enjoy the falls and walk around there just by yourself? Thanks for your advice greetings from holland Rianne

4 Answers Feb 10, 2004 at 1:22 PM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Customs and Bus travel between the Parque and Igauzu de Foz

by coconutwireless Online Now Oct 29, 2003 at 9:57 PM

I was on the Igauzu forum site and saw that you are a good source for Igausu Falls. I want to know how I get from the airport on the AR side to Igauzu de Foz. I am assuming it is by bus. but do you go through customs when you come to the border? I am going to enter Brazil that way and then bus to Rio. from rio I will use my Varig Air Pass to fly within the country and back to Igauzu de Foz and then bus back over the border to the AR side and catch a plane from there back to Buenos aires to fly back home. That way I save the cost of an international ticket from Brazil to AR. But before I can get a visa from Brazilian embassy I need to have the bus ticket to show I will be leaving Brazil. The only bus I will be taking is the one between Iguasu de foz and the Catataras Airport on the ÅR side. The question is does anyone know where I can by this bus ticket ahead of time SO that I can show proof of departure from the country? A travel agency that might be able to help? trraveling with aloha the coconut wireless

4 Answers Oct 30, 2003 at 6:35 PM
    • Things to do at Iguazu

by Piji Online Now Sep 9, 2003 at 12:10 PM

Hi there in march i will spend my holidays in Brazil, first near Florianapolis for relaxing after I would like to go to Iguazu for 5 days, what´s the best, cheapest and most interested way to go, does anyone know a good hostal or pension not so bizzy, but near by bus or taxi station. Would it be difficult to cross the border to Agentina, what else is worth to visit at this area? other than the waterfalls of course :-)) Thank´s for any Information Peter

2 Answers Sep 12, 2003 at 7:18 AM
    • lenkova77's Profile Photo

IGUASSU FALLS

by lenkova77 Online Now Apr 9, 2003 at 8:36 AM

Hello! Could somebody help me and let me know opening hours for Iguassu falls and if some tour guide is neccesary? I am planing to stay there just 1 night. I will arrive Iguassu on 08May at 13.10 and depart back to SAO on 09May at 15.30. Do you think is it enough time ? Thanks Lenka

8 Answers Apr 26, 2005 at 10:37 AM