change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TravelTheWorld4's Profile Photo

Seeing iguazu Falls

Puerto Iguazú Oct 29, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I am planning to spend one night on the Brazil side of the falls and three nights on the Argentina side of the falls.
      Is this the best plan?
      How difficult/costly is it to cross the border from Brazil to Argentina?
      Should I find one hotel for my entire stay and go to both sides?

more

Near Parque Nacional del Iguazù

• To Go of Not to Go...

by brigadoon17 Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Planning to be in Iguazu for 2.5 days at the beginning of October, but just discovered that I am not a candidate for yellow fever vaccine and am wondering if reasonable caution (bug repellent, long sleeves/pants) is sufficient or if I must cancel this lap of my trip. Don't want to, but don't want to be frightened all the time either. Are there places within the site to avoid, times of day to stay indoors? Are the hotels "safe"? Grateful for your thoughts.

9 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM
    • accomodation at the falls

by cooma Online Now Jul 7, 2013 at 9:02 AM

We fly in late at night on the Brazillian side and fly out 2 days later in the morning from the Argentina side of the falls. Which country should we book our accomodation in or should we spend the first night in Brazil and the other 2 nights in Argentina?

3 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Brazil side of Iguazu Falls

by ohaiyo Online Now Nov 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I am staying on the Argentine side of Iguazu Falls for a day. Is it worth it to cross the border and visit the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls as well? Is it worth the trouble to get the Brazilian visa if I am not going anywhere else in Brazil? What is difference between the Argentine side versus the Brazilian side?

9 Answers Nov 16, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    • heawalker's Profile Photo

Honeymooners need your advise!

by heawalker Online Now Nov 2, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Hi !!
      My husband and I will need to take a bus (very romantic!) from Iguazu Falls (argentine side) to Buenos Aires on 21 st or 22nd December.... can anyone advise me a website that we can prebook some seats through ahead of leaving for our trip??
      Also is it best to get the Cama Coche (???! sorry if spelling is wrong!) as i know it's a good 17/18 hour journey!

Also do we also REALLY need to get Yellow Fever jabs done or will DEET deter them bugs enough?

Thanks in advance!!! :-D

9 Answers Nov 5, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    • Dress Code for Sheraton Hotel (Argentina side) Dining Rooms?

by sam&tktravels Online Now Sep 10, 2010 at 4:02 PM

We are 4 travelers on our way to Antartica and will spend one night at the Sheraton International Hotel in early December 2010. We will fly up from BsAs on Friday morning and will return to BsAs on Saturday afternoon. We will be having dinner at the hotel's restaurant and need to know how fancy we will have to dress for the evening. We are leaving most of our luggage in our BsAs hotel, so will only pack for one night at the Falls.
      Thanks,
      TK

1 Answer Sep 12, 2010 at 3:34 PM
    • Help with flying to and from Iguazu

by anywhere24 Online Now Nov 29, 2009 at 4:30 AM

Hi I am just planning my RTW trip for beginning of next year.

I will be in Buenos Aires in April and would love to see Iguazu falls.
      As I have a RTW ticket I will land in BA in april BUT leave Rio de janeiro 2 weeks later. That means I have to make my own way to Rio.
      I was originaly going to fly to Iguazu (argentinian side), come back to BA and then move on to Rio from there. However I would love to know if it is possible to fly from BA to Puerto Iguazu, cross over the border (on foot or boat) and then leave from the Brazillian side (foz de iguazu). From there I would love to get a flight from iguazu airport onto Rio.

Please, please, please could you give me advice or guidance on this.
      If you have done it, could you please tell me whether its difficult and worthwhile? Do I need any extra paperwork to cross the border etc?

Thanks in advance
      Tammy xxx

P.S. how long should I stay in iguazu?

7 Answers Sep 17, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    • chbuchie's Profile Photo

Iguazu visit

by chbuchie Online Now Oct 22, 2009 at 4:47 AM

Hola ,

I’ll be in South America in November and have drafted an impossible itinerary and now I can use all of your help to get it right. I do travel at a fast pace and take countries by storm instead of smelling the roses but transport limits anybody’s options

This is/was my initial plan
      7/nov Flight Bxl - Rio
      8/nov Rio
      9/nov Rio
      10/nov Iguazu BR
      11/nov Iguazu AR
      12/nov Buenos Aires
      13/nov Buenos Aires
      14/nov BA to PM
      15/nov Perito Moreno
      16/nov Perito Moreno
      17/nov Travel to Atacama
      18/nov Atacama Laguna Miscanti y Miniques & Valle de la luna
      19/nov Atacama Chuquicamata & El Tatio Geyser
      20/nov Atacama Buffer day
      21/nov Chile - Bolivia
      22/nov Uyuni
      23/nov Uyuni
      24/nov Uyuni
      25/nov Uyuni or La Paz
      26/nov La Paz
      27/nov Coroico
      28/nov Fly La Paz - Rurrenabaque
      29/nov Rurrenabaque
      30/nov Rurrenabaque
      1/dec Rurrenabaque
      2/dec Lago Titicaca
      3/dec Copacabana & Isla del Sol
      4/dec Arequipa
      5/dec Colca Canyon
      6/dec Colca Canyon
      7/dec Cuzco
      8/dec Machu Picchu sunset
      9/dec Machu Picchu sunrise - fly Cuzco to Lima
      10/dec Lima
      11/dec Flight Lima - Atlanta
      12/dec Atlanta
      Flight Atlanta - Brussel
      13/dec Back Home

My draft plan is indeed too tightly scheduled as I find out while booking flights/buses/tours..
      My original plan was to fly between these destinations :
      Rio - Iguazu - Buenos Aires - Perito Moreno - Calama/San Pedro de Atacama
      But Perito Moreno is indeed too remote and takes a lot of time and money to reach, then also difficult to continue to Calama as this seems to be a small airport. Besides I prefer nature to cities and as I only planned to spend 2 days in Buenos Aires that is an expensive flight from Iguazu. So in case I skip BA and PM I can continue from Iguazu to Calama, unless the flight from Rio is a lot cheaper but then I should book an all in tour from Rio to Iguazu (return flight + park entrance + hostel).
      Do you know by chance if there are any interesting offers ? I did some research on the internet but most sites are in Portuguese, difficult for me.
      I'll land in Rio on November 8th , where I will spend 1 or 2 days so I can book a tour to Iguazu starting from November 9th or 10th to spend 2days there as I want to see both the Brazilian as the Argentinian side of the falls and preferably also go as close as possible by boat.
      Do you also know which airline proposes a good connection from Rio (or Iguazu) to Calama (Chile) ?

If rio-iguazu-rio is not worthwhile then I might still fly to BA and continue by bus through North Argentina towards Atacama. How many days should I foresee for this, with stops in Mendoza and Salta? Can I include nightbuses to win some time?
      Which option would you recommend? 1. Rio - Atacama or 2. Iguazu-BA-Mendoza-Salta-Atacama

I've been told about corrupt customs agents on the CL-BO border, now you tell me it's AR-CL.... it's all part of the fun I guess

Do tour operators offer to visit the nice places in Atacama and also drop you off at Uyuni? Do you have a website or email of the tour operator that can do all this?
      Can I book the Salar de Uyuni tour towards La Paz, starting from Uyuni ?
      So far I found there are only 2 buses a week from Atacama to Uyuni , but hope that is not true
      sanpedroatacama.com/ingles/i...
      Should I also include a buffer day to cross the Bolivia-Peru border?

Is it true that the Salar de Uyuni is flooded by rain in nov-dec? Does that not spoil the scenery? Hopefully I can get to see it at sunrise, the best moment of the day to enjoy nature's beauty.

Can I book an all-in tour from La Paz to Rurrenabaque(flight, safari, accomodation, .. booze?)

Re Machu Picchu I understood so far that the entrance to the site is unlimited, but they only allow 500p/day on the Inca Trail, which I'm not doing due to lack of time. On the other hand I should be very early there to get a ticket for the Huaynu Picchu on the other side so I can enjoy the sunrise from there. Is all this correct?

Sorry for this huge bunch of questions, but I'm looking forward to go to South America for the first time and really want to make the best out of it

feel free to contact me directly on christian.buchheit@gmail.com as I read those emails a few times a day

Muchas gracias para ayudarme
      hasta luego,
      Christian

1 Answer Nov 1, 2009 at 7:39 AM
    • activities in iguazu falls

by ozheidi Online Now Aug 9, 2009 at 7:05 PM

I have booked my flights in late October and accomodation at the secret garden B&B in iguazu.I have not booked any activities eg.national park fee and the train through the falls and what else there is to offer.Should i do this before i get there or is it possible to book this once i am there.

2 Answers Aug 10, 2009 at 1:11 AM
    • rosamundi's Profile Photo

What is usually the weather in october , please?

by rosamundi Online Now Apr 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I am planning to visit Iguazu and the cataracts ; but I dont know if is very hot or not in october. Thank you for your help

2 Answers Apr 26, 2009 at 3:59 AM
    • hillelarkin's Profile Photo

where to stay in NP Iguasu

by hillelarkin Online Now Jan 3, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I will arrive to P. Iguasu from Buenos Aires on Wednesday evening. I will have a full day of Thursday to travel the Iguasu Falls on both sides. However, I have to catch a very early flight on Friday from the Brasilian side airport to Rio de Janeiro.
      My question is where it is better to overnight: in P. Iguasu (argentina) or Foz de Iguassu (Brasil) or to split it.
      If I stay both days in P. Iguasu (Argentina) how long in advance I have to leave in order to clear the borders and to get to the Brasilian Airport (the flight is scheduled for 06.00 !!).

4 Answers Jan 4, 2009 at 11:39 AM
    • Sheraton Rates

by Arly143 Online Now Dec 3, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Hi can anyone tell me Sheraton rates? Is the price different when arrival than booking online?

Thanks!!!

3 Answers Dec 4, 2008 at 1:56 PM
    • Time to visit both in Brazil and Argentina

by Dines Online Now Nov 11, 2008 at 7:27 PM

We are arriving by plane to the Argentina side at about 1:15 in the afternoon. We plan to stay in Puerto Iguazu. We would like to see both sides of the falls.
      Is there time to go from the airport to the Brazilian side the first day? Are they lockers there for baggage? I understand you need less time there. How would we get there from the airport and how much would it cost. If we did that we would have the whole next day in the Argentine side. Is that the best way?

3 Answers Nov 14, 2008 at 2:02 AM
    • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Proper clothing

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Nov 8, 2008 at 5:48 PM

We are going to Argentina soon, and my wife tells me that short pants are not considered proper clothing for a man there; that it may be ok for children or Argentine gays, but that I shouldn't do it. Is this true?

If so, what kind of pants do the locals wear when in warm humid climates like Iguazu?

Thanks

5 Answers Nov 10, 2008 at 7:50 PM
    • How many nights in Iguazu and nice accomodations.

by Dines Online Now Nov 2, 2008 at 6:37 PM

We are planning a trip to Buenos Aires, then to Iguazu and then to Bariloche. We will fly from Buenos Aires in the morning to Iguazu. Is one day and one night sufficient time to see the falls? Also what would be nice accomodations. We like to stay in a bit nicer place.

3 Answers Jan 2, 2010 at 6:45 PM
    • How long?

by sf01 Online Now Oct 8, 2008 at 9:34 AM

We're going to be on a very tight schedule. Realistically, how long should we spend at Falls? I understand that 3-4 days are preffered, but if we don't 3-4 days, is it worth to go for a day or two? thank all.

7 Answers Oct 16, 2008 at 8:32 PM
    • Arriving in Paraguay...how to get to Argentina...and then Brazil

by rjcrjc Online Now Sep 26, 2008 at 3:36 PM

On day 1 I will be flying ASU-AGT (Ciudad del Este, Paraguay). I arrive at noon.

I would like to get to the Sheraton in the Argentina side of Iguacu. What is the most convenient way to do this with kids? How long / will this take?

On day 2 I need to go to the Brazil airport for a 7pm flight. What is the easiest way to do this?

What would suggest as an itn for this?

Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 27, 2008 at 2:07 AM
    • Parque Nacional del Iguazu animals and insects

by Poleksia Online Now Aug 7, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Me and my two daughters are planning to visit Argentina in yhe middle of September and , of course, we're going to travel to Iguazu. But I have a big problem with my younger daughter - she has a very sever degree of archnophobia (Phobia of spiders). Please, could anyboby who already visited Iguazu park tell me is it inevitable to see any spiders or big unusual insects while walking along the main routes? If my daughter sees any insects (not beautiful butterflies) she can have a breakdown. Her phobia as any phobia is irrational.Thanks in advance

3 Answers Aug 21, 2008 at 5:24 PM
    • Visiting Iguazu Falls

by mouthfromthesouth Online Now Jun 12, 2008 at 5:58 AM

Hello,

We are arriving at the airport (Argentina side) in the morning. Rather than going all the way to the hotel at Puerto Iguazu and knowing that check in is not usually till midday, is it possible to leave our backpacks (size of medium sized luggage) in either:
      1. Airport lockers or
      2. Lockers at the Iguazu Falls National Park.

Preferably I would leave my backpacks in the park lockers, assuming they are available and large enough to store them.

Also, what bus can I take to the park from the airport? Is there a bus schedule I can look up on the web?

Many thanks

2 Answers Jun 13, 2008 at 6:48 AM
    • puppis's Profile Photo

Urgent for people travelling to Iguazu Falls

by puppis Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 11:04 AM

It is recommended to people travelling to Misiones and Cataratas del Iguazu, to get the yellow fever vaccination. You can read the Ministerio de Salud recommendation in this web page.

clarin.com/diario/2008/02/09...

Consider that you must get it 10 days in advance to the entrance to the Province. This situation follows the massive vaccination in Paraguay.

1 Answer Mar 15, 2008 at 11:35 AM
    • 2008 March trip to Argentina

by gabor41 Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Hi,
      We'll be travelling to Buenos Aires this coming March for a little over two weeks. We plan to leave for the falls by bus on March 7, tour the falls all day March 8, and return to Bs As on March 9.
      I heard there are different bus lines, different services available. Also one of us is over 65 years of age and somewhat disabled (eligible for a disabled parking permit) someone mentioned that some travel discounts are available to senior or disabled people, actually free travel on buses and metro in BsAs.
      I'd appreciate information about bus schedules, bus lines, where to get tickets, how long in advance, ticket prices, etc.

Also, are visas necessary to enter Argentina for citizens of the European Union? Specifically Hungarians?

Thank you

Gabor

4 Answers Jan 5, 2008 at 1:46 AM
    • FROM BRAZIL AIRPORT TO ARGENTINA

by NYCITYZEN Online Now Dec 26, 2007 at 4:38 AM

We will be flying into the Brazil side's airport but staying in the park on the Argentinian side. Does anyone know the best way to get there?

Should we take a cab? How long would it take if we were to do that? Will the cab driver be able to get into the Argentinian side? Do they typically carry passports/visas themselves?

Are there busese that go from the Brazilian airport to the Argentinian side? If so, how much would it be and how much longer will it take? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

5 Answers Feb 4, 2008 at 4:03 AM
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

how about Malaria or Yellow fever at the falls ??

by globetrott Online Now Dec 1, 2007 at 5:59 AM

There seem to be lots of moscitoes so how about Malaria and "Yellow Fever" at the falls ?
      In general moscitos really love my kind of blood ;-(((

7 Answers Dec 1, 2007 at 9:04 PM
    • Cotopaxiarg's Profile Photo

Hostels in Puerto Iguazú

by Cotopaxiarg Online Now Sep 12, 2007 at 12:20 PM

Can anyone recommend a nice hostel in Puerto Iguazú? Thanks!!

2 Answers Sep 13, 2007 at 4:01 AM
    • Rio - Iguacu - Bolivia by Bus?

by jonesyjpaul Online Now Jul 25, 2007 at 7:57 AM

Hi,

I am going to be in Brazil in September. I would like to go from Rio to Foz De Iguacu Falls (Brazilian Side).
      What is the best way to get there, as I would prefer the cheapest i.e. Bus. However if it is an awful journey and there is not much difference for a flight, I would consider this.
      From Iguaca I would like to get to Santa Cruz in Bolvia, again what is the best route for this preferably by Bus?

Any feedback would be much appreciated. sorry for all the questions!!

1 Answer Jul 26, 2007 at 12:41 AM
    • spellbound28's Profile Photo

Iguazu in June07?

by spellbound28 Online Now May 23, 2007 at 4:02 AM

Hi,

Anybody who can assist me with these questions below :)

1) Is it good to visit Iguazu during June 07? Will there be a lot of water gushing down from the fall?
      2) Is it convenient to get a taxi from Iguazu airport? Is it safe? Is it expensive?
      3) Do I really need a tour guide to bring me to the Iguazu falls or I can do it free and easy?
      4) Is it convenient to get a cab to Iguazu Falls and back?
      5) If I will like to go for the Great Adventure Safari Boat, do I need to book with a tour operator in advance or I can just go for the boat ride when I am at Iguazu falls? What is the charges like per person?

That's all for now!

Hope anyone can help.

5 Answers May 26, 2007 at 12:30 PM
    • From Foz to Puerto Iguazu

by the_land_of_awes Online Now Apr 29, 2007 at 8:57 PM

I posted this question of the Foz do Iguacu board but thought I should also add it here.

A few questions:

What is the best way to get from Foz do Iguacu to Puerto Iguazu? By bus or Taxi and about how much was the trip?

How long is the trip between the two cities?

I have read about the difference between both the Argentine and Brazilian sides of the falls and plan to spend the bulk of my time on the Argentine side. However, I was wondering how much time I should spend on the Brazilian side. I will have a Brazilian passport so there is no problem there. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4 Answers May 14, 2007 at 7:54 PM
    • sowright's Profile Photo

iguazu in August?

by sowright Online Now Apr 3, 2007 at 10:31 PM

I am going to Buenos Aires in August with my boyfriend. It will be his first time visiting and I wanted to bring him to see the cataratas in iguazu. I have told him 800 times how amazing they are but am afraid that late August they might not be as impressive. Is it worth the money for us to go at this time of year? i dont think we will have an opportunity to again anytime soon but i am scared that if it is too dry he will be left with a bad impression and maybe not return. any suggestions?

3 Answers Apr 4, 2007 at 6:05 AM
    • bus trasportation iquaza to salkta via ibera or Tucuman

by vanzara Online Now Feb 14, 2007 at 7:50 PM

We like to know if we can get bus to go from Iguazu to salta via either
      Tucuman or esteros de ibera. We would stay for a night in Tucuman or ibera and then proceed to Salta.
      Please inform details about bus timing, company, frequency, duration, cost
      and comfort etc. Thanks.

• Hotel tax

by jeburton Online Now Dec 17, 2006 at 10:05 AM

I will be staying at the Hotel Cataratas for 2 nights in Feb. 2007. I understand the IVA (value-added tax) is 21 percent. Do US citizens have to pay this tax? If yes, is it refunded when leaving Argentina?
      Thank you.

1 Answer Dec 17, 2006 at 2:27 PM
    • Iguazu Falls

by 1460ruth Online Now Dec 15, 2006 at 8:19 PM

Does anyone know if the amount of water at Iguazu Falls has returned to normal after the drought in July?

3 Answers Dec 31, 2006 at 11:25 AM