Parque Nacional Tikal

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• accommodation in Guatemala

Guatemala Apr 2, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Now I am on to accommodation in Guatemala, it is our honeymoon, so we don't want to necessary stay at the shared dorms at the youth hostels, but equally we have 5 weeks and cant afford luxurious accommodation every night. Any accommodation where is worth staying? any recent gems that you discovered? we are planning to travel around Guatemala and we love nature and adventures, we love to be off the bitten track as well as in quirky artistic places, we dislike crowds and things over the top! Recommendations would be appreciated.
      We have tried websites but everything seems so expensive, especially when in euros or pounds, is it going to be cheaper to look for accommodation over there? this is something that we would usually do... but would be good to know what sort of prices we need to be prepared for. thank you

more
    • tourist visa

Guatemala Mar 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Pls I need assistance in securing a tourist visq from guatemala, we do not have the embassy in nigeria, I have contacted the embassies close by, they seem to say it will be easier if it can be processed from the home country

more
    • Resort in Guatemala

Guatemala City Mar 24, 2014 at 9:19 AM

How do i buy a resort in Guatemala?

more
    • what is the best way of travelling in guatemala

Guatemala Apr 1, 2014 at 2:58 PM

with my husband we are traveling to Guatemala for 5 weeks. can you please advice what is a good and adventurous but on a budget way of traveling across this beautiful country? we like our independence and seeing less touristy places. is renting a camper van a popular thing to do?

more
    • mikarov99's Profile Photo

Going to Tika for one day from Guatemla city and back.

by mikarov99 Online Now Aug 26, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Im not quite sure but its possible to take overnight bus to Flores day before visit Tikal and after my visit to tikal take another overnight bus back to guatemala city.

Safety of the buses how safe are overnight bus from Guatemala City to Flores is one things i most concerned.

2 Answers Sep 30, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    • sakuyaini's Profile Photo

Going to Tikal for sunrise

by sakuyaini Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Hi,

We are staying in Flores and would like to be in Tikal by sunrise. Is it possible to do this ? or is it only if we stay right outside of the Park ? I've read that the park opens at 6am - will we have enough time to climb, eg, Temple 4 and be on top by sunrise ?

I asked my hotel for the earliest transpo to Tikal and they told me, 7am. So now I am wondering if there are plenty of transportation options from Flores to get to Tikal for sunrise ? We prefer going by ourselves, but if it is better to go on a tour, we can do it as well and will just make sure we can get some time on our own to explore the place.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
      Maria

2 Answers Aug 23, 2009 at 8:03 PM
    • 278ranje278's Profile Photo

Guided Tour VS. Self Tour

by 278ranje278 Online Now Apr 26, 2009 at 4:52 PM

My Boyfriend and I are planning on visiting Tikal in July. So I am wondering, is it safer to take a guide to the ruins or is it ok to hoof it on your own? Are there a lot of trails, do they provide a map? Also, we may take my 7 yr old daughter.

3 Answers Apr 30, 2009 at 4:59 AM
    • Flights to Flores from Belize City

by bobmidge Online Now Jan 12, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Does anyone know if there are still flights from Belize City to Flores? I've been trying to inquire with the two airlines that I thought flew to Flores, but haven't heard back from either of them.

1 Answer Jan 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM
    • Tikal plans

by nemes_s Online Now Nov 29, 2008 at 5:38 AM

Hi all, three of us are planning to take a bus from Guatemala City to Tikal in Jan 2009 and are wondering about the questions below:

1. How much is the bus ride and how many hours is it? Is it necessary to travel back on the same day if we buy a return ticket? Where can we get the bus in GC?
      2. We're thinking of staying in Flores. If we do that, how many days should we factor in for Tikal + Flores? How many days is Tikal good for?
      3. We hope to spend one night in Tikal, how much are rentals for the hammock and mosquito net? Is it safe enough?
      4. Which hotels are best in Flores?
      5. Most importantly, how is the weather like at Tikal in January?

Would anyone be able to offer advice on these questions?

Thanks a lot!!!

3 Answers Dec 27, 2008 at 8:00 PM
    • Tikal in August

by Avani76 Online Now Jun 16, 2008 at 10:13 AM

My husband and I plan on going to Tikal in mid-August. How badly is the rain going to affect our visit?

2 Answers Jul 23, 2008 at 4:47 AM
    • om_212's Profile Photo

Tikal in May

by om_212 Online Now Mar 24, 2008 at 5:21 AM

I'm taking a trip to Tikal May 1-3 and I have several questions.

1. what would the weather be like?
      2. is it safe to explore a place by oneself (not being a part of a tourist group)?
      3. any advice on MUST to do things there?

Many thanks in advance.

13 Answers Mar 31, 2008 at 12:29 AM
    • garcom01's Profile Photo

traveling in March

by garcom01 Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 8:41 AM

Hi I'm going to Guatemala in March, during Holy Week. What should I see? Also, I want to go to Tikal, is flying from the capital the best way? Thanks, Garrett

4 Answers Jan 21, 2008 at 4:28 PM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Tikal Hotels

by roamer61 Online Now Aug 8, 2007 at 6:20 AM

Is it true the 3 Hotels at tikal have no electricity after a certain hour?

4 Answers Dec 3, 2007 at 1:35 PM
    • jenniferleann's Profile Photo

Travelling from Cancun - Belize but would like to stop at Tikal

by jenniferleann Online Now May 29, 2007 at 2:09 PM

I am going to archaeological field school for the month of July, but am flying in to meet friends in Cancun 1st and this will allow me about 2 weeks of time inbetween. I have a pretty good idea of how to get from Cancun to Belize City (where I am meeting my summer arch. crew) but I would really like to get to Tikal sometime in between the 2 places. Is this even possible, worth it, etc? What kind of time table would I be looking at? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am leaving pretty soon and I should probably start thinking about my plans.

2 Answers May 29, 2007 at 4:32 PM
    • travellerinDC's Profile Photo

Getting from Tikal to Chetumal, Mexico?

by travellerinDC Online Now Jun 8, 2005 at 8:55 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know how we can get from Tikal/Flores to Chetumal, Mexico? Are there buses? How is the border crossing?

Thank you!

2 Answers Jun 12, 2005 at 4:47 PM
    • Shoes to wear at Tikal

by ubi709 Online Now Feb 22, 2005 at 6:07 AM

When we were at Chichen Itza I wore good sandals and climbed to the top of El Castillo. Is the terrain similar at Tikal? What do you recommend? Thanks.

8 Answers May 28, 2007 at 10:34 AM