Paros Island Travel Answers

change location
yvr's Profile Photo

Motor Scooter

by yvr Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 4:14 PM

How long would it take one to motor scotter around the entire island of Paros? Are motor scooters expensive to rent on the island?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: Motor Scooter

by brotherleelove Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Last year I rented one on Paros for 8 euro/day in May. I think prices go up a bit in high season. It takes about 1.5 hours to go around the whole island's ring road. I also suggest that you take the little car ferry from Pounta across to Antiparos. I think the fare was 1.5 euro or less. There are some beautiful beaches there and a huge cavern up in the hills.

If you're looking for a good budget room check Alexandra's Rooms next to the Hotel Paros. Turn left onto the street in front of the ferry dock and walk about 1/4 mile. The Hotel Paros is on the right. Alexandra's Rooms is set back off the street behind the shop called "Colors". The people at Colors rented me the room. In May I paid 20 euro/night for a very clean and large room there with TV, fridge and A/C.

http://76.162.2.152/alexandrarooms/index_en.htm

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

by brotherleelove Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM

I also meant to say that you can take the scooter across to Antiparos and no one will object.

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Have already reserved a room so am set.

• jenn5179's Profile Photo

by jenn5179 Online Now Mar 2, 2008 at 5:04 PM

We rented a motor scooter, I did not think it was very expensive, but unfortunately, I don't have the receipts anymore.... We stayed in Naoussa and used the scooter to get to a few beaches, and then my husband went off on it sightseeing one day for a few hours.

Are you trying to see the whole island? How long are you there for?

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Mar 3, 2008 at 5:47 AM

I will be there for 3 days. No fixed schedule, just thought it would be nice to have some inexpensive transportation so that I may come and go at will.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines