Paros Travel Answers

change location

PAROS NIGHTLIFE????

by Bradj Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 9:49 AM

Hey everybody,
I hope to go to Paros between Jun 29 and Jul 7. Does anyone have an idea about how would it be on those dates?
And nightlife? I heard that it has a lively nightlife but is that really true?
Are they open till morning?
Where shall I stay at? Noussa or Parikia to have easy access to the beaches and nightclubs?
Thanks in advance...

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

RE: PAROS NIGHTLIFE????

by brotherleelove Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 10:31 AM

It will definitely be busy on Paros by June 29. Which is more important, beaches or nightlife? Naoussa is for the beaches, Parikia is for nightlife, but it's not a 20-something club scene there if that's what you want. Go to Ios for that. Parikia is a better all-around choice. You can get to the beaches by bus or rent a motorscooter for that.

This is where I stayed last year:

http://www.parosparadise.com/

Quiet side street, close in to the town center, easy walk to the water, restaurants a block away.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: PAROS NIGHTLIFE????

by GKE Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 12:30 PM

Hello there,

Brotherleelove is right on his remarks. i have to add one or two things. I have not been there for about 6 years but I do not believe it has changed much and from what I hear from friends that visit the place often is still more or less the same.

In Parikia I do not think you will enjoy the sea as much as Naousa. Parikia also gathers the younger tourists, lets say around 20 years old, and Naousa a bit older. I prefered the clubs in Naousa but the biggest concentration of clubs is for sure in Parikia. Also more foreign tourists stay in Parikia than in Naousa which is preferred by Greeks. I also think food is better in Naousa.

I had stayed in Parikia and used the buses to go to different places and some times taxis. I did not find taxis expensive.

I am sure you will have fun.

And one last thing. Paros is the vacations island for many of the Greek students when they finish highschool. A few days before your arrival, the University entree exams will have finished in Greece so I believe that it will be packed with young highscholl graduates wanting to have fun after a very long and difficult school year.

Have fun

• Paroshep's Profile Photo

Re: PAROS NIGHTLIFE????

by Paroshep Online Now May 10, 2007 at 5:16 AM

I have lived on Paros for 8 years. The first year I tried to visit a club but at 12:30 A.M. people were just starting to drift in from the bars and I couldn't stay awake any longer.
    When I have to meet guests on an early morning ferry I see a steady stream of club patrons heading home after dawn.
    In other words you have to be young!

• EPEKINDINI's Profile Photo

Re: PAROS NIGHTLIFE????

by EPEKINDINI Online Now May 12, 2007 at 7:13 AM

I have to agree w/ GRK. Parikia is more for the tourist and the nightlife is pretty crazy but I will also agree that Naoussa is an older crowd. Late 20's-30's and the Greeks prefer this side over Parikia. I have also noticed that Parikia is a little cheaper in hotels and so on and I would say Naoussa is a bit more expensive; not by much however. I have stayed here 5 yrs ago and I am coming back again this summer. After looking at hotels price lists, I have noticed the price difference. P.S. There is a crazy party scene during the day so trust me you will not be limited. Punta beach from what i remember is a crazy party scene during the day as well. Have fun...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines