Travel Answers
Paro Dzongkhag

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Are solo Indian travelers permitted to visit Bhutan on their own?

Bhutan Feb 9, 2015 at 1:06 AM

I came across some blogs which mention that as per some recently imposed rule, solo Indian travelers are no longer permitted to enter Bhutan.

Has anyone recently visited Bhutan and could suggest how true is this information? How do I obtain the entry permit and special area permit as a solo Indian traveler?

more
    • Indian traveler to Bhutan

Bhutan Feb 8, 2015 at 6:02 AM

I plan to travel to Bhutan in April.

1. What is the situation of low to medium budget hotels/guest houses/hostels/bed and breakfast at Timphu and Paro?

2. Are SBI debit cards/Visa debit cards of other Indian banks accepted at Bhutanese ATMs (I believe ATM machines are readily available at Timphu and Paro)?

3. Are 500 and 1000 rupee notes (Indian Currency) accepted in Bhutan?

4. Other than the permit which I'll obtain at Phuentsholing, will I require any other permit to move out of Timphu and visit Paro, Punakha, etc? If yes, then how do I go about obtaining those permits and what are their charges?

Thanks

more
    • Suggestion requested:Night halts in and around Phuentsholing

Bhutan Feb 8, 2015 at 5:59 AM

Amongst Phuentsholing, Jaigaon and Hasimara, what could be my best option, in terms of safety, connectivity and budget, for an overnight stay? I intend to travel by public/sharing transport and am looking for a standard budget hotel with basic requirements.

Thanks

more

Popular Paro Dzongkhag Travel Answer Locations

• 2 days extra- More in Paro or flying visit to Bumthang?

Paro Apr 15, 2014 at 7:01 AM

My wife and I are going to Bhutan in 2nd week of May,in a photo tour, and will be having standard itinerary of Paro, Thimphu and Punakha, 2 days each. After this we will separate from the group, and have 2 days extra. How shall we use them? Explore more in Paro or in Thimphu or shall we squeeze in an overnight trip to Bumthang region with a hope of different experience, terrain and additional photo opportunities?

• Charliesangels's Profile Photo

Where should I go between my flights to Paro from Kathmandu?

Paro Mar 31, 2014 at 9:02 PM

I will be going to Paro in end April. My flight is from Hong Kong arriving to Kathmandu at 22:00, but then my next flight to Paro is the next day at 0925. It's approx 10 hours in between so I hesitate to book a hotel just for that, as well to pay the Nepal visa just for few hours.
      Would that be safe to stay in the airport overnight? Or I have the access to get in to the Kathmandu airport lounge, would they be opened until the next morning?