Parnu Travel Answers

change location
mario_spring_83's Profile Photo

seaside in estonia

by mario_spring_83 Online Now Jun 26, 2004 at 1:32 AM

Hi everybody! i'm thinking about spending a couple of days in parnu in the mid of august. i wanted to know if,in that period, it could be a good choice to go to the seaside (is it too cold to make a swim in the sea or people usually do it without problems?) And what about the life in parnu in the weekend? and during the week? finally Are there many tourists in parnu in august? i couldn't find so much in the web about parnu (a couple of member's tips and "inyourpocket" so i hope that someone can help me.) many thanks to everybody! ciao:)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Lodestar's Profile Photo

Re: seaside in estonia

by Lodestar Online Now Jun 28, 2004 at 1:45 AM

August is a perfect month for swimming and sunbathing. By that time the water is usually warm enough to have a nice swim in the sea. And during the summer months Pärnu is quite crowded, by locals as well as by tourists. And there is quite a lot going on at weekends as well as during the week, as a lot of people are on vacation at that time. This is the official web-site of the city in english: http://www.parnu.ee/?id=416 hope it is of some help to you :) Have a great time in Estonia! L.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mario_spring_83's Profile Photo

by mario_spring_83 Online Now Jul 2, 2004 at 10:43 AM

many thanks Liis:) you've been very helpful and i will consider all you told me. i expect estonia to be great! ciao ciao:)

• ctjonas's Profile Photo

by ctjonas Online Now Jul 18, 2004 at 9:33 AM

hi! we just returned from parnu a few days ago. unfortunatly my travel page is not finished yet. but here is some info on what we found: the beaches are VERY nice. we have been to the "regular public" beaches and a bit outside of town as well. There also is a nice stretch of sandy beach (no life guards and no facilities here) to the right of the ladies beach. (actually between ladies beach and the mole). Not so many people, and the water was perfect. Parnu is very busy. To get a look onto "rüütli tn" (street in the center of Parnu) go to www.weather.ee and klick onto Parnu. on the map. have a good time in estonia! christina

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Parnu Travel Answer Locations