Parma

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Parma Train Station and rental Car?

by jotoscano Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 8:09 AM

What is the best way to get to Parma from lake Como?
      We are hoping to travel by train.
      Also, is there a rental car agencyin Parma close to the train station>
      Jo

8 Answers Mar 7, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

Culinary Museums

by manuna Online Now Jul 3, 2012 at 6:26 AM

Usually while visiting new places we devote some time to the traditional culinary,its production, tasting, coocking etc. This year we will travel through Emilia-Romagna. I noticed that there are a lot of museums not far from Parma: Prosciuto di Parma,Parmigiano, Tomato and even Culinary House (Casa Artusi). Is any of them worth seeing? What I can skip? Unfortunately most of the sites are in Italian, so it's really hard to evaluate anything :(
      May be you can suggest something absolutely different in this sphere?
      Thank you in advance?

2 Answers Jul 3, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    • how much do apts cost at Rubra Bed & Breakfast & how to contact them?

by carriesherrill Online Now Aug 11, 2011 at 11:33 AM

re:Rubra Bed & Breakfast in Parma. How do I contact them & what are prices?

2 Answers Aug 11, 2011 at 1:42 PM
    • Train Station in Parma

by Jfuhrman Online Now May 1, 2011 at 3:17 PM

We will be traveling to Parma from Florence via train and would like to stay at Antica Corte Relais Pallavincina and explore Parma. We understand that Antica is a bit of a drive from Parma, so we are wondering if there is somewhere to store our luggage at the train station so we can explore the city. Also, if anyone has any other suggestions we would greatly appreciate it. Also, if there is another fantastic place we should consider staying we are completely open to suggestions.

2 Answers May 3, 2011 at 5:31 AM
    • visit to Busseto

by stignani Online Now Jan 11, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I will be in Milan in February and would like to do a day trip by bus or train to Busseto the town of Verdi. Is this possible or is it best to stay in Parma? Many thanks.

Bill

6 Answers Jan 22, 2011 at 7:56 AM
    • train or bus service from Parma to Milan on Sunday, June 27, 2010.

by judeUSA Online Now May 10, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Can anyone give me bus OR train information regarding traveling from Parma to Milan on Sunday, June 27, 2010. Thanks. Jude (sonojude@earthlink.net)

3 Answers May 10, 2010 at 9:50 AM
    • day trips from parma

by frances50 Online Now Mar 7, 2010 at 2:32 PM

My husband and I are planning to stay in Italy in may and will be at Lake como for a few days and in Parma for a few days - deciding whether it is feasible to see Verona, Firenze and Venice by day trips from either location(public transport) or to stay a night in each of the three cities mentioned and still stay at Lake Como and Parma but less nights

7 Answers Mar 8, 2010 at 1:44 PM
    • Left Luggage in Parma railway station

by hobanny Online Now Sep 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM

We would like to spend the afternoon wandering around Parma on our way to Milan. Is there a left luggage room (luggage storage) at the station?

15 Answers Mar 11, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    • iccuf's Profile Photo

Parma Hotels

by iccuf Online Now Aug 13, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Any hotel suggestion? I'm open to nice and modern or small quaint family run inns.

4 Answers Aug 14, 2009 at 9:01 AM
    • parma tours

by rio123456 Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I would like to tour both a cheese factory and a prosciutto factory in Parma. Do you have any suggestions? Also I'm looking for a restuarant called Polipo. Can't seem to find it?
      Mario

8 Answers Jun 14, 2009 at 2:03 AM
    • Parma to Rome on a budget

by little_miss_riddle Online Now Jul 17, 2008 at 4:56 AM

I was wondering whether anyone knew of a cost-effective way of travelling from Parma to Rome? So far I've found trains ranging from 35-52, are there buses that operated from Parma or Bologna maybe?

Thank you in advance,

LMR

1 Answer Jul 17, 2008 at 5:18 AM
    • pigott's Profile Photo

parmagiano cheese making facility

by pigott Online Now Feb 12, 2008 at 2:29 PM

We will be in Parma in mid-March - Is there a way to book a tour of the parmagiano cheese making facility? How much does it cost? It is worth it?

4 Answers Feb 12, 2008 at 6:45 PM
    • sandot's Profile Photo

Anything other than food and castles?

by sandot Online Now Aug 20, 2007 at 1:30 PM

Hi VT! Long time since I've been here. Since we resolved the Napoli question, I once again need your wisdom!

I'm supposed to take up a post in Parma in a couple of weeks, but am really finding it hard to get a sense of what Parma is like. I've looked it up and read lots about the food and castles, but could you'se maybe suggest some adjectives to describe it? There, easy, all I need are one word answers!

If anyone's been recently, or lives there, could you try to describe it to me.....sorry, I know this is the kind of abstract posting you'd be tempted to ignore, but spare a moment...please
      Thanks

5 Answers Aug 21, 2007 at 11:22 AM
    • Looking for a great playground

by fintari Online Now Jun 5, 2007 at 3:31 AM

We are staying in Parma for few days and would like to visit a great playground with my 3 year old. We are staying right downtown in a hotel.
      Any suggestions?

1 Answer Jun 29, 2007 at 1:09 PM
    • Should I move to Bologna or Parma?

by LiveItalia Online Now Jan 6, 2007 at 7:44 PM

I single, 31 years old and living in London. I want to live for couple of years, maybe more, in Italy. I have chosen to move to Bologna or Parma because they are genuinely Italian, attractive, sophisticated, youthful and relatively tourist free. However, ultimately I tend to judge towns by atmosphere. I have two concerns relating to the atmosphere of Bologna and Parma respectively:

1. I have always loved Bologna, however, on two recent trips I perceived the atmosphere of the city had changed slightly. It observed the centre as rather drugy and dirty in many quarters. I must admit my heart sank. Exciting things always happen to me in Bologna but maybe this is not the place to set-up a new life. Then again, maybe I am just being pathetic and seedy grit comes with culture, youth and vibrancy. I would really appreciate your opinions, especially if you either love it or hate it.

2. Parma seems like a very similar town to Bologna in many ways. However, it clearly is smaller and consequently a little more parochial. Is Parma a little bit too sleepy? I really love towns to have a buzz? I know Parma also has a big University and that brings buzz to many towns. But I just can’t get an angle on how the town ticks. I would really appreciate your opinions especially, if you either love it or hate it.

Many thanks for reading this and I look forward to your responses.

5 Answers Jan 9, 2007 at 2:47 AM
    • Looking for an Appartment for 2 months

by 2005dav Online Now Sep 16, 2005 at 6:05 AM

I'm looking for an appartment in Bolzano (Bozen) for 2 months from 1 October to the end of November 2005.
      It should be liveable, conditions and prices can be descussed, Maximum I can pay per month is 200 Euro.
      thanks

1 Answer Sep 16, 2005 at 6:55 AM
    • Jptravels4fun's Profile Photo

Castles near Parma

by Jptravels4fun Online Now Jun 2, 2005 at 11:00 AM

Hello,
      I know there are a number of castles outside of Parma and in E-R region. Are they accessible by train or bus transport? Does anyone have good website for these castles.
      thank you,
      John

4 Answers Oct 15, 2009 at 9:55 AM
    • Anyone familiar with Parma?

by Julia007 Online Now Apr 5, 2005 at 12:36 PM

Where to go, shopping, bar, dancing?? what to see??

thanks,

Jules :)

4 Answers Apr 11, 2005 at 6:01 AM
    • Anyone familiar with Parma?

by Julia007 Online Now Apr 5, 2005 at 11:42 AM

Where to go, shopping, bar, dancing?? what to see??

thanks,

Jules :)

• Pubs and Football

by hoehbi Online Now Sep 21, 2004 at 3:46 AM

Hiya, do you know a pub showing live football on SkySports? Thanks a lot for a helpful answer :-)) Cheers Ines

• Parmagiano-Regiano Tour?

by dancnjols Online Now May 26, 2004 at 11:18 AM

We will be in Parma in mid-July - Is there a way to book a tour of the parmagiano cheese making facility?

2 Answers May 29, 2004 at 2:50 AM
    • terme - spas - near parma

by kawh Online Now Apr 9, 2004 at 5:31 PM

i love NATURAL HOT SPRINGS... any recommendations for a great spa location (beautiful surroundings and great water) in the area near PARMA? is monticelli a great spot or just a good spot? ? thanks- kim

2 Answers Apr 13, 2004 at 5:32 AM
    • local cheese dealer

by KoGGy Online Now Dec 14, 2003 at 8:00 AM

Hi, during our holidays in Italy me and my parents loved the Italian Parmesan-cheese (not the plastic-packed one from the supermarket, but the huge pieces of a kilogram or so that they sell in small-corner-cheese-shops). Now I had the idea to import one of these pieces and give it to my parents as a christmas present. But where can I buy it without going to Italy? Does anyone know an eMail-adress of one of those small-corner-shops in Parma or somewhere else in Italy? regards KoGGy

5 Answers Jun 12, 2006 at 1:47 PM
    • maliense's Profile Photo

Pubs in Parma

by maliense Online Now Nov 27, 2003 at 4:39 AM

Which pub do you recomend me? Do you know their web pages? Are they close to the city center? -The old curiosity pub -Enoteca -Mustiff Pub -Hippopotamus -Dadaumpa -Gavanasa Thanks a lot.

5 Answers Nov 28, 2003 at 6:48 AM

Restaurants in Parma

by maliense Online Now Nov 27, 2003 at 4:38 AM

Which restarurants of these do you recomend me? Do you know their web pages? Ares they close to the city center? Are they cheap or expensive? -Cocchi -Osteria del Gresso -I du Brase -Osteria dei correri -Trattoria Al vedel -La Barricata -Rangon -Trattoria del Tribunale Thanks a lot.

1 Answer Nov 27, 2003 at 7:04 AM

Airport, restaurants and more

by maliense Online Now Nov 5, 2003 at 5:56 AM

Has got Parma any airport? If not, which is the nearest one? What about restaurants? And nightlife in pubs? Thanks.

5 Answers Nov 6, 2003 at 3:27 AM
    • babazula's Profile Photo

parma

by babazula Online Now Dec 26, 2002 at 3:59 AM

which is the nearest city to parma?

4 Answers Dec 28, 2002 at 1:38 AM