Park City

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• September 2014 PC events?

by dcteague Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I live in Salt Lake, and have friends coming to visit in September 2014. We are staying up at PCMR, and I am looking for ideas as to activities, etc. I can't find any festival, etc. calendars out for that far ahead. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance.

more
    • September 2014 PC events?

by dcteague Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I live in Salt Lake, and have friends coming to visit in September 2014. We are staying up at PCMR, and I am looking for ideas as to activities, etc. I can't find any festival, etc. calendars out for that far ahead. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 10:29 AM
    • shuttle from PC to SLC

by gttravel Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 6:45 AM

I need a shuttle to the airport in SLC for 2 people. What is my best option?

1 Answer Feb 2, 2014 at 7:57 AM
    • extex's Profile Photo

Downtown hotel, no car, not skiing

by extex Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Coming in Feb to visit family. We aren't skiing, so don't need to be near lifts. But, won't have a car, so want to walk to town. Where to stay? We are 2 quiet adults, no pets. Thanks.

1 Answer Nov 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    • Deer Valley in December or March

by alliecoco Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Trying to decide on a family vacation over Christmas Holidays or March Spring Break??

4 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 6:55 AM
    • Resort Life

by johnny30 Online Now Dec 16, 2011 at 6:40 PM

I am going to Park City in March. We are staying at Canyons Resort. I am just trying to understand if you can bring your own alcohol, food, etc... Or can you not buy alcohol in Utah?

3 Answers Dec 19, 2011 at 7:18 PM
    • Sweetwater Park City Lift Lodge

by pmurdy Online Now May 5, 2010 at 11:23 AM

i have a reservation in a unit "that sleeps 10". Questions--are there units that sleep 10, and how exactly (in terms of bedrooms and privacy) do they sleep 10? I would like to know how many of us can comfortably stay there without being in each other's way???

5 Answers May 24, 2010 at 2:25 PM
    • giampiero6's Profile Photo

From Salt Lake Airport to Park CityHI

by giampiero6 Online Now Mar 22, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Hello Again,

Dear Gurus...what do you think? If I'm coming into Salt Lake, should I renta car and drive to Park City or should I just jump a shuttle. I hear we probably won't need a car....but what if I plan on skiing in several diff. places?

Thanks a million,

G

18 Answers Nov 23, 2011 at 2:48 PM
    • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Apres Ski

by giampiero6 Online Now Mar 22, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm heading off to Park City for a couple of days at the end of March and wonder if anyone has any great tips for places to eat (hidden - local preferred spots) and a good place for some apres ski.

I'm glomming onto a trip with brother and nephews, so I don't have a ton of research yet. I'd appreciate any help anyone has.

I like wine, lively spots, nature etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh and what do you guys think is the best spot to ski? Deer Valley? I'm an advanced skier but not as ambitious as I once was. Like going fast, but not the bumps. (we'll be skiing mid-week at least 3 days)

2 Answers Jun 15, 2011 at 12:37 PM
    • Condo at Christmas 2008

by SouthFloridaMom Online Now Aug 20, 2008 at 3:50 PM

I'm looking for a condo in Park City for Christmas '08 (12/24 - 1/1). Any suggestions on when to book for the best deals? We are interested in a nice place with kitchen that sleeps 5 in beds (2bedroom+loft or 3 bedroom) for500 or less per night and prefer to be within walking distance of lifts. Right now it looks like a LOT of availability! Any recommendations out there? Any suggestions for deals?

• restaurant deals

by jacquelinefrieda Online Now Jun 22, 2008 at 9:24 AM

We got a GREAT deal on a place to stay in Park City this summer. We cannot spend a lot to eat though so we are looking for the best restaurant deals. good restaurants cheap or places where you can get gift certificates for a deal. In St. louis one of our radio stations posts restaurant gift certificates for half price and then they sell a certain amount for the deal price. Does anyone know of anything like that for restaurants tht aren't too pricey to begin with? THANKS (anything in Salt Lake would be interesting for us too.) I have heard that PC is pricey. Also what else shouldn't we miss while there?

2 Answers Jul 29, 2008 at 12:20 AM
    • Summering in Park City with the family?

by robertpetry Online Now Mar 13, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Hello all!

I need some advice from those of you who live in or frequent the mountain time zone in general and Park City Utah in particular. I travel quite a bit and work out of my home in the Midwest. It recently dawned on me that I could work out of anywhere from Ohio to Utah and it would make no difference as long as I was w/in 30-40 minutes of a major airport, had Sprint cellphone service and a high speed internet connection.

So I have decided to take my wife and our two elementary school aged children and "relocate" for the month of July. We talked about it and would like to go somewhere that is not too hot, has many activities including hiking, biking, fishing, kayaking, etc. local. We have wanted to take a trip out west and I think a month based in someplace like Park City is the perfect answer. We can take a couple of long weekends and go to Arches and Yellowstone, visit Sundance and downtown Park City. PC seems to have everything I need.

So my questions are:

1. Is Park City a good choice for this? I will need to travel for business to MN, Chicago and Omaha and probably others during the trip so proximity to a major airport is important. We also want to go someplace where there is a lot to do!
      2. We want to rent a 2+ or 3 bedroom condo (we need a master bedroom, kids bedroom and a temporary office) for the month of July. It needs to be fairly nice, have a pool, nearby bike trails and a central location or easy bus access. Air conditioning would be very good. I have seen ads online for Town Pointe, Red Pine (Canyons), Prospector Square, All Seasons, Park Meadows and Bear Hollow. Which would be best? Why? Any other suggestions?

Finally, I will be in PC next Friday afternoon and Saturday (March 21 and 22) and would like to look at a couple of places.

While this is obviously not ski related, I know there are a lot of PC regulars who's input will be very valuable to me and my family. We are looking forward to a great trip and a whole month to experience a new part of the country!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help!

2 Answers Mar 25, 2008 at 3:48 PM
    • Cheapest Possible Stay in Park City?

by jb95101 Online Now Nov 6, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Hi, I am a single Australian traveller coming to Park City for 3 nights in December (16th-19th) and I am on a very limited budget. I haved looked online and there doesn't seem to be any hostel type accomodation anywhere in Park City, there is only fancy hotels charging hundreds of dollars a night. I am so desperate I don't mind staying in a spare room of some nice persons house. Is there any forums or anything where people rent spare rooms or anything? Or if there is anywhere cheap to stay. I am very thankful for any hlep.

2 Answers Jan 16, 2008 at 2:49 PM
    • Deer Valley/Park City evening family activities?

by nmlhats Online Now Sep 19, 2007 at 5:23 PM

I've seen info on sleigh rides and know there'a at least one ice skating rink. What evening activities (in winter) have you found for a family with kids aged 12, 11 and 8? Also--any sleigh ride outfitter you'd recommend or not? Thanks a million!

2 Answers Oct 24, 2007 at 2:54 PM
    • Ski Lodge Rental in Park City Utah - Bear Path Lodge

by sundanceGuy12 Online Now Jul 29, 2007 at 9:45 PM

I'm going to Park City in December and I'm looking at places to stay in Park City right now. I came across a house called Bear Path Lodge www.bearpathlodgerental.com) on GoogleAds and it looks pretty dang nice if you ask me. I think I'm going to reserve the place but I wanted to know if anyone else has stayed there or has stayed in the Bear Hollow Village area before.

Thanks in advance!

• Off season off the path.........

by carrn990 Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 3:45 PM

I'm coming to visit end of August/September...........any suggestions of restaurants, activities, things to do? Thanks.......Carolyn

• 2giants's Profile Photo

What to do in August

by 2giants Online Now Jun 29, 2007 at 7:30 AM

We will be attending a family reunion in August in Park City. We will have some free time (assorted days)before and after the planned reunion. What should we see and do? Anything we shouldn't miss? Long day trips are probably out since there will probably be plans for dinner each night.
      Thanks in advance for any help

3 Answers Jul 19, 2007 at 9:33 AM
    • cj55's Profile Photo

cj55

by cj55 Online Now Jun 16, 2007 at 6:15 AM

Four families looking for Condo lodging in park city utah during Christmas. Any information would be helpful. One area was the Three Kings Condos, would like to find map of complex. Is it close to ski resort? Any other Condos within short walking distance to ski resort, of course looking for best price?

Thanks
      Connie

1 Answer Jun 18, 2007 at 3:57 PM
    • AlwaysATourist's Profile Photo

Tour to Bryce Canyon

by AlwaysATourist Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 7:27 PM

Hi. We plan to visit Park City for a week in April. We do not plan to rent a carbut would love to pick up a tour to Bryce Canyon. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 27, 2006 at 8:46 PM
    • gatorflyer's Profile Photo

when does the snow stop

by gatorflyer Online Now Dec 11, 2005 at 3:26 PM

i am trying to plan a trip for early april 2006. can anyone tell me what the ski conditions are at that time of year? is there enough snow to have fun? thanks in advance.

1 Answer Dec 11, 2005 at 5:17 PM
    • Skiing and drinking in Utah

by ciarrai Online Now Nov 10, 2005 at 2:05 PM

Hi,

I`m thinking about going to Utah to ski over Christmas. Right now, however, the accomodation prices I´ve been quoted are really high ($1800 for 9 nights in a 1 bedroom with kitchenette) but maybe that´s the way prices are of Christmas. Does any one have any good tips for cheaper accomodation in this area or some good websites I can go searching through. Is Park CIty more expensive than the other resorts in Utah? I`ll be flying to Salt Lake City so I like the fact that it´s so close to the airport - are other places more conveniently located
      Another thing - I´ve been reading up on liquor laws and can´t seem to find the answer to whether you can bring alcohol into Utah or will someone go through your luggage at the airport?

Thanks for your help
      Audrey

2 Answers Nov 10, 2005 at 6:59 PM
    • CindyInItaly's Profile Photo

When does the snow begin?

by CindyInItaly Online Now Jul 31, 2005 at 4:37 AM

We are wanting to take my family (from FL) to see some snow and possibly go tubing, but aren't having luck finding a lift open in mid-end November. Any suggestions? We are staying at Miners at the Canyons. Is there any snow usually in November? What else could we do that they would enjoy regarding snow fun?!? Thanks in advance!

Cindy

4 Answers Aug 5, 2005 at 9:16 AM
    • rdkj2008

by rdkj2008 Online Now Jul 29, 2005 at 6:43 PM

Are pets allowed on the train ride

1 Answer Aug 4, 2005 at 3:47 PM
    • Romantic restaurants in Park City?

by markbtn Online Now Feb 1, 2005 at 2:16 PM

Taking my wife to PC on a surprise ski trip for our 20th anniversary. Any ideas for a romantic resturant in PC? She worries about the ambiance more than the food! Any and all suggestions welcomed.

1 Answer Feb 2, 2005 at 12:12 PM
    • FabinLondon's Profile Photo

Ski Rental in Park City

by FabinLondon Online Now Jan 5, 2005 at 2:05 PM

Hi, Im planning to go skiing next week in Park City , UT. Can anybody recommend a ski rental company ? Any experiences in terms of quality of material etc ?? Thanks, Fab

3 Answers Mar 18, 2007 at 7:15 PM
    • Moving To Park City

by formida42 Online Now Oct 19, 2004 at 12:10 PM

I'll be moving to Park City from Tennessee in November. Is there anything I should know?

2 Answers Dec 5, 2007 at 9:30 AM