Park City Travel Answers

change location

Cheapest Possible Stay in Park City?

by jb95101 Online Now Nov 6, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Hi, I am a single Australian traveller coming to Park City for 3 nights in December (16th-19th) and I am on a very limited budget. I haved looked online and there doesn't seem to be any hostel type accomodation anywhere in Park City, there is only fancy hotels charging hundreds of dollars a night. I am so desperate I don't mind staying in a spare room of some nice persons house. Is there any forums or anything where people rent spare rooms or anything? Or if there is anywhere cheap to stay. I am very thankful for any hlep.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Cheapest Possible Stay in Park City?

by bocmaxima Online Now Nov 6, 2007 at 10:03 PM

I've seen lots of ads to this affect in the SLC Craig's List (http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/), usually in the Sublets section. Even those are pricey though.
    But the closest hostel, as well as the only reasonable hotels, are in Salt Lake. You have to remember that Park City is famous for Sundance and skiing, and you're going at the prime time for the latter. Maybe you could stay in SLC and rent a car, catch a ride or take a shuttle out to Park City for the day. I know that they have ski shuttles leaving from the city.
    hth

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Cheapest Possible Stay in Park City?

by gamma28md Online Now Jan 16, 2008 at 2:49 PM

try Craig's list or Priceline.com I've had pretty good lock with Priceline

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines