Park City Travel Answers

change location

Skiing and drinking in Utah

by ciarrai Online Now Nov 10, 2005 at 2:05 PM

Hi,

I`m thinking about going to Utah to ski over Christmas. Right now, however, the accomodation prices I´ve been quoted are really high ($1800 for 9 nights in a 1 bedroom with kitchenette) but maybe that´s the way prices are of Christmas. Does any one have any good tips for cheaper accomodation in this area or some good websites I can go searching through. Is Park CIty more expensive than the other resorts in Utah? I`ll be flying to Salt Lake City so I like the fact that it´s so close to the airport - are other places more conveniently located
Another thing - I´ve been reading up on liquor laws and can´t seem to find the answer to whether you can bring alcohol into Utah or will someone go through your luggage at the airport?

Thanks for your help
Audrey

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • YVRDave's Profile Photo

RE: Skiing and drinking in Utah

by YVRDave Online Now Nov 10, 2005 at 3:44 PM

Anything over Christmas and New Years is considered the peak period. You will be paying a premium.200.00 doesn't sound bad for a 1 br condo in a ski resort for Christmas.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sahel578's Profile Photo

RE: Skiing and drinking in Utah

by sahel578 Online Now Nov 10, 2005 at 6:59 PM

The Sundance Film Festival is held in early January in Park City.. and this brings in celebrities and prices skyrocket.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines