• ShawnL's Profile Photo

ocho rios craft market

Ocho Rios Feb 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM

would it be safe to bring my 6 year old

5 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 1:40 PM
    • ArenJo's Profile Photo

Mystik Mountain

Ocho Rios Feb 9, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I am coming in on a cruise ship but want to spend more than 3 hours there that the tour ship offers. What would be the best way to do this? Do they always have tickets available for people that walk up? Also, I will be meeting up with friends that live in Jamaica. Do Jamaicans get a discount or is there a group discount?

1 Answer Mar 3, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • Best for nightlife??? Help..

Ocho Rios Jan 19, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Hey,
      Which is best for night life.. late night bars & clubs? Ochio Rios OR Negril?

4 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 2:01 PM
    • First Timers

Ocho Rios Oct 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM

My girlfriend and I are going to Ocho Rios in a couple days for 4 nights. We've in our late 20s, never been. Very into outdoor, adventure, etc..not into partying. What are some highly recommended things to do? I always see Dunns River falls come up , or blue hole. We are staying at Rooms ocho rios. Is renting a car recommended? Or what is the best way to get to these attractions? Any info would be appreciated!!

5 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    • "Blue Hole"

Runaway Bay Sep 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM

how to get to "blue hole" from grand Bahia resort?

1 Answer Sep 23, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    • AmieG's Profile Photo

Things to do for first timers

Runaway Bay Jul 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM

My husband and I have never been to Jamaica and are going the first week of Oct. can anyone recommend some fun things to do? Can we do the Marley tour are we close enough?

• transportation

Ocho Rios Jun 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM

does couples tower isle has transportation services to and from airport in montego bay?

2 Answers Jun 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    • golf

Runaway Bay Jun 17, 2013 at 12:55 PM

how much is it to rent golf clubs

• golf

Runaway Bay Jun 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM

how much is it to hire golf clubs at runaway bay

3 Answers Jun 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    • 15traveller's Profile Photo

things we should bring

Ocho Rios Apr 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Hi There, we are going to Riu Ocho Rios for a wedding. Haven't read too many great reviews but it's a wedding. So, just to prepare myself, does anyone have any advice on what to bring.

1 Answer Apr 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    • Is it safe to rent a car and drive from Kingston to Ocho Rios?

Ocho Rios Mar 10, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I have one day to go from Kingston to a meeing in St. Ann Bay west of Ocho Rios and get back to Kingston. I know the options are to (1) Rent a car and drive (2) take a JUTA (expendive), and (3) take the Knutsford bus and cab on either end. How good are the roads in between and how safe? Doable? It saves a bunch of $$ over the JUTA.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    • Ellenhodgdon's Profile Photo

TRAVEL FROM KINGSTON AIRPORT TO SANDALS OCHO RIOS

Ocho Rios Oct 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM

It is Oct 29. I am flying from ft. lauderdale to kingston. Is the road open from kingston airport to sandals riviera beach. I will be arriving sunday, nov. 4. Sandals in ocho rios said resort will be open but i want to make sure the taxi can get to ocho rios from the kingston airport. thank you

2 Answers Oct 29, 2012 at 12:47 PM
    • distances to shopping

Ocho Rios Feb 23, 2012 at 11:56 AM

how far is it from the riu hotel to the port of ocho rios. how much for the ride?

2 Answers Mar 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    • dunns rivers falls

Dunns River Falls and Beach Feb 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM

What point on the falls can i jump off...how long is the jump and how deep is the water once i jump

3 Answers Jun 18, 2012 at 7:48 AM
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

What tour?

Ocho Rios Jan 12, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Hi,

Im going to take a cruise in a couple of weeks and Im wondering which one is the best tour in Ocho Rìos.

Have you done the Bob Marley tour? This is the one that I would like to have but I also heard that Dunn Falls are great, what can you recommend me?

Do you know if it is better to buy the tour on board or is it better to buy it once we are there in town?

Thank you!

2 Answers Jan 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    • Childcare at runaway bay

Runaway Bay Nov 11, 2011 at 10:38 AM

I have a two yr old that will be two yrs nine months old when we go to runaway bay what is daycare like? Has anyone with a child my age used the daycare and or nanny service at night? How expensive are nanny's. Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Nov 11, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    • Sandals Grande Riviera or Jewel Dunn's River?

Ocho Rios Mar 2, 2011 at 7:57 PM

My boyfriend and I are going to Ocho Rios in July. I've been looking into both Jewel Dunn's River Resort and Sandals Grande Riviera. At first, I was completely decided on the Jewel, as they have magnificent reviews on EVERYTHING but am a little worried about their lack of nightlife. We're both in our mid 20's and will be looking for more of a party scene then a relaxing one, and Sandals seems the better choice for that. I've read post about taking a shuttle between resorts...how does that work? if I pay all-inslusive at one resort i wont want to pay to drink somewhere else all the time you know? any advice or information much appreciated!

1 Answer Mar 3, 2011 at 2:37 PM
    • Helzie12's Profile Photo

One day viist to Ocho Rios

Ocho Rios Jan 22, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Visting for a day as a crusie stop over. I am looking for suggestions of what to do. I will be travelling as a family with two boys aged 9,10. Thanx

9 Answers Mar 8, 2011 at 1:59 PM
    • Captain Morgan

Runaway Bay Jun 21, 2010 at 4:21 AM

Hi we are planning a trip to Jamacia in Feb and have been looking at Breezes at Runawy bay...was just wondering if you could tell me if they have Captain Morgan spiced rum...that's just about all my husband drinks.

1 Answer Jun 21, 2010 at 6:01 AM
    • Car Park

Ocho Rios Mar 8, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Are there parking spaces on the hotel grounds

2 Answers Mar 8, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Royal Caribbean Jamaica

Ocho Rios Jan 18, 2010 at 6:15 PM

We have been to the "tourist areas" and would like more information about the Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours or any other suggestions outside of the Diamond International Crowd Scene.

2 Answers Jan 20, 2010 at 8:22 AM
    • Sandals Ocho Rios Grande

Parish of Saint Ann Dec 30, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Going to be there Jan 19th. Can anyone tell me whether the GreatHouse Luxury room is good. Should I upgrade or is this room ok. I heard it has a private balcony but no instock bar or pool and have to walk or shuttle bus to beach - with I don't mind. More concerned about the state of the room. Clean, comfortable etc. I also hear about a lot of people getting bumped up to better rooms but don't think that will happen as we are travelling at a peak time and expect the hotel to be busy.

Thanks

• Blue Mountain Bike Tour worth it?

Ocho Rios Aug 21, 2009 at 7:38 AM

We are going to Sandals Ocho Rios in Sept. We were thinking of doing the Blue Mountain Bike Tour for a day to get away from the beach. Is this worth it - has anyone done this?

• sdflack's Profile Photo

Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort & Spa Ocho Rios

Ocho Rios May 14, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Going to Ocho Rios in 2 weeks. I've been told that the South Tower on the 11 floor up have the best rooms. Can anyone confirm this?

1 Answer May 27, 2009 at 11:01 AM
    • Sandles, Ocho Rios

Ocho Rios Apr 24, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Hi, Going in 7-09 and very confused over the locations of all the rooms. Don't want one with a private pool but the more reasonable are Rivera and Great House. Has anyone stayed at one of these. What location is better. Is it worth the extra500 to get a different room. The place is so big I have no idea if front by lobby , ocean or middle where the Great house is? Is it walking distance if yu take shuttle to the river resort and then go to the Dan Rivers from there? How is the food . Any informaton would be helpful.

1 Answer Apr 24, 2009 at 5:09 PM
    • Safety and traveling Ocho Rios by moped/ scooter/ motorcycle.

Ocho Rios Feb 9, 2009 at 10:42 AM

I am going to Sandals in Ocho rios in april.

I want to see it all.

I am going to rent a motorcycle or double seater scooter in Rios(for my girl and I).

My buddy was in Montego bay in like 2004 ...he said crime was high...guys were walking around w/ guns..no cops..most roads are unpaved, etc.

I researched ...I saw nothing about high violent crime.

I told him I wanted to rent a Scooter and go see dunn's falls ourselves and Bob Marleys grave, and the mountains and downhill trails and ocean roads.

He told me not too...too dangerous>

What should I beleve. I will take some guided tours...but want to see it all by motor bike. I am a great rider.

Thank you.

8 Answers Feb 23, 2009 at 4:15 AM
    • SCUBA at Breezes Runaway Bay

Runaway Bay Feb 3, 2009 at 9:58 AM

My boyfriend and I will be staying at Breezes Runaway Bay from Feb. 12 - 16 and really want to go SCUBA diving. We are not certified, but heard you could take a course that will enable you to go diving during your stay. I was wondering what the course/diving trip entailed, how far in advance can/should you book it and if you need to bring anything with you from back home (note from a physician, etc.).

• What's in Runaway Bay

Runaway Bay Feb 2, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Going to Club Ambiance in Runaway Bay next week. Our first time in an 'all inclusive'. It is a small resort. Everytime I mention Jamaica I'm told it is not safe to leave the resort. I'm afraid I will get stir crazy after a day or two trapped in the resort. Is there any sort of a village or town in Runaway Bay? Is the village safe? I have an idea of what to expect in Ochos Rios but I would expect Runaway Bay to be a little easier to handle. I just want to be able to walk half a mile down the street to the public beach or go to a local store without getting mugged or being hastled to buy illegal substances. We have travelled all over Europe on our own and had no problems in Puerto Rico but I'm starting to get nervous about Jamaica. Looking for some reassurance.

2 Answers Feb 2, 2009 at 9:31 PM
    • YVRDave's Profile Photo

Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Beach and Villa Golf Resort

Ocho Rios Jan 6, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Hey all,
      Checking in Thursday Jan 8th-Jan 13th. Anyone else there?

2 Answers Apr 24, 2009 at 4:56 PM
    • Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

Weddings at Riu Ocho Rios

Ocho Rios Nov 20, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Hi everyone
      i really like the look of Riu ocho rios. Anyone got married there or seen any weddings who can give me some information?
      Ive looked online for photos etc but had no luck. Would love to know how you got on.
      Kind regards,
      Stacey x