Paris Travel Answers

change location
BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Fastest way to get to Terminal 2D to Terminal 1 at CDG

by BorneoGrrl Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Hi. I've been searching for answers online and from what the sites say, from Terminal 2D I have to take the green shuttle to Terminal 1. Based on this site below, I'll have to circle Terminal 2 and that will take me approximately 50 minutes! That's way too risky for me if I only have 2½ hours to spare (that's me being paradoid). Plus I couldn't get an earlier flight to CDG and the connecting flight is only once daily.
easycdg.com/pages/connecting...

Is there another faster way e.g can I walk to Terminal 2A to cut short the journey? Is that a long walk? I can't remember for sure but CDG was quite confusing for me and I never had to take a connecting flight before.

Merci

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: Fastest way to get to Terminal 2D to Terminal 1 at CDG

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Hi
    Don't worry, I have often transferred between these terminals, and although I can't be precise about the timing, I can't ever recall it taking me anything close to 50 minutes. Unless you're coming in at a very strange time of day when the shuttle service runs with a lesser frequency?
    Is your luggage going to be checked through from your point of departure to your final destination? It sounds as if it is, so if this is the case, you'll only have yourself to worry about. Even if it does take 50 minutes (which I doubt), if you have 2.5 hours in hand, this really shouldn't be a problem! Most travellers would work on a tighter window of time, and the vast majority don't experience problems.
    Caution is always good when you're travelling, but I think that this shouldn't be something that you lose sleep over!
    Regards
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dirtroady's Profile Photo

by dirtroady Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 2:23 AM

It doesn't take 50 minutes. I'm not sure it even takes 15 mins :) The terminals are all connected and you can walk from one to the other but it's a hassle because it's a busy airport. You'll be fine on the shuttle.

• giampiero6's Profile Photo

by giampiero6 Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Worst airport in the world. It is confusing and a waste of time. I was just in cdg I'd say you're probably looking at 20to30mins to be safe.

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

by BorneoGrrl Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Thanks all for your replies. Unfortunately I have to check in my luggage at CDG after landing because I don't think these airlines have some kind of interline arrangement. So after landing at CDG, I have to collect my luggage and get to Terminal 1, then check in my luggage again for my international flight.

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Don't worry, you'll still have heaps of time!
    Enjoy your trip!
    Regards
    Cathy

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

by Roadquill Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 2:17 PM

The CDGVAL shows it only taking 8 minutes. (They even named it after you) Stops on the CDGVAL line include:
    Terminal 1, the original circular terminal at CDG;
    Parc PR (a parking garage)
    Terminal 3/Roissypole (with its SCNF railroad station and the RER's CDG1 station)
    Parc PX (another parking garage)
    Terminal 2 station complex (TGV high-speed trains and the RER's CDG2 station).
    Transportation is free, and travel time from one end of the line to the other is 8 minutes. I wouldn't be so paradoid. ;-)

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

by BorneoGrrl Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 4:55 PM

LOL. Thanks again for all the advise. I'm feeling better now, just hope the first flight out arrives CDG on time

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Relax and bon voyage (where are you off to, by the way?)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines