Paris Travel Answers

change location
Mazely's Profile Photo

Picasso at Grand Palais

by Mazely Online Now Nov 5, 2008 at 7:17 PM

hello,
does anyone from Paris could tell me how are the queues (if there are) for Picasso's exposition at the Grand Palais?
I'm going to Paris next January and intend to go to the exposition. I just don't know if it's a good idea to buy the ticket in advance, at fnac site, with the 1,50 euro extra charge, or if it's un-necessary.
Some years ago I stayed in the queue for 4 hours to see "MoMA in Berlin" and I really wouldn't like to repeat the experience!
What do people in Paris suggest me to do, considering the actual number of visitors?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Picasso at Grand Palais

by Beausoleil Online Now Nov 5, 2008 at 8:48 PM

The exhibits at the Grand Palais often have long lines. We've given up on a couple exhibits for that very reason. I think it would be worth it to pay the extra 1.50 euro to avoid the line especially if it is a cold, wet day in January. I'm a wimp! LOL

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Picasso at Grand Palais

by Kaiserbase Online Now Nov 6, 2008 at 4:43 AM

Hello,
    usually, the exhibs in Grand Palais are overcrowded, but it's even worse than usual for Picasso. Unebelievibale! People are coming from the whole world to see it.
    The best thing to do is to wait the very last days, but I guess you have no choice. I wanted to suggest you to buy tickets that allow you to avoid the queue (you have to pay more, but you comme at the given time and don't have to wait). Unfortunatlely, as I just saw, these tickets aren't available anymore, they've all been sold, including for january (ticketnet.fr/shop/fr/manif.a....

So you definitely have to buy tickets in advance with the FNAC, but I'm afraid you will still have to wait a couple of hours outside, and to expect the musuem to be overcrowded... (and don't forget, the museum is closed on tuedays ;))

• Mazely's Profile Photo

Re: Picasso at Grand Palais

by Mazely Online Now Nov 8, 2008 at 2:28 AM

Thank you so much.
    I have already bought the tickets at Fnac.
    On y va!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines