Paris Travel Answers

change location

accommodation in paris?

by ssmaithili Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM

We are going to paris for a maximum of three days on budget.(2 adults and 2 children(age 15yrs and 11 yrs)).which will be the best form of accommodation?hotels or apartments?or could you suggest any alternative forms?plus there are several websites on the net offering apartments as low as 19 euros per night per person. are they credible?

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • kathymof's Profile Photo

Re: accommodation in paris?

by kathymof Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Personally I hate the sites that do it by person. They charge that amount for the largest number of people they can fit, sleeping on all sorts of what they call "beds". The price escalates quite fast. My favorite site is homelidays.com and abritel.com. I have had great results with both. There are other sites that have been around for a long time as well. Check VRBO.COM AND lodges.com

I much prefer apartments to hotels. You have more room, can save money by eating a few meals in and have a refrigerator to chill that bottle of French wine.

Hope this helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kathymof's Profile Photo

by kathymof Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM

That should be lodgis.com. - my iPad loves to change what I type

• by ssmaithili Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Thanks!!

• lovina's Profile Photo

by lovina Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Hi, I was in Paris with my wife last long week end and we booked with www.airbnb.com
    We found a very nice little flat for USD 85 and were pleased with it.
    There are possibilities to filter the search to share rooms, share apartments, or get an entire apartment or house. Suggested chose a flat with recommendations.
    I do not think you will be able to get a 4 x 19 Euros equivalent to 76 Euro apartment for 4 persons in Paris, at least not centrally located. Important is to carefully read through the description, the recommendations as well as to look several times at the pictures to figure out the flat and its sizes.
    Good luck and enjoy Paris

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:37 AM

I would agree with Kathy about Homelidays and Abritel. You could also check out Booking.com, better known for hotels but have some 2000 aparts also. As always check the size of the flat and bedding allowed for 4 people. 19 € is a farce, unless you want a garret on the 6th floor w/o lift.. If you have time to do a good search, you'll certainly find something within a reasonable budget.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:45 AM

yes be aware of those adds for 19€ per night in Paris, better use the sites mentioned above, I use extensively Homelidays abroad and here there are many to choose from.
    booking, venere,abritel are good too. also Paris35.com have them inexpensively.
    for more check the expats magazine of Paris
    www.fusac.fr, many ads there by apts doing it for many years here.
    hope it helps your planning

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Hi

I have just booked an apartment in the Marais area of Paris which looks fabulous and can sleep four people.
    We booked for a full week and cost was 800Euros,
    I booked through Booking.com
    Just Google and enter Paris- there are very many to choose from, with photos.
    Booking.com is my choice when booking o/s accommodation.You actually get what is advertised, and their service is excellent

1 member found this helpful

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I'm odd man out here because I prefer hotels in Paris because there is always someone there to answer your questions, tell you about demonstrations and give directions. However, when we went with both our daughters, we did rent an apartment. We used Paris Attitude and it was fine, but we love booking.com, VRBO and Homeaway mentioned above so check them for the best location and price.

For all of them read the web site carefully, read the reviews and check at least one other source for additional reviews. There are bargains depending on when you're going, but be suspicious of very low prices. A good source of reviews is our sister site www.tripadvisor.com

Type Paris into the VT search window and check the section on Hotels and Accommodations. If you see something you like, check the date to see how current the recommendation is. You'll find something in your budget; there's great choice in Paris.

Enjoy your trip.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines