Paris Travel Answers

change location

travel information (moulineaux to beauvais-tille airport)

by emilyheart Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I don't speak a word of French or know ANYTHING about France, so I was hoping someone could help me figure out the cheapest way to get from moulineaux to the paris beauvais-tille airport. my flight is at 9 am and i would want to be there by around 7 am. what's the cheapest and easiest way for me to get there? i don't mind if the journey takes a while, as i'm doing absolutely nothing the day before and can leave whenever--I'm just not sure when the subway or trains stop running and I don't want to get stranded somewhere unsafe. I don't mind waiting at the airport for a few hours though, if that's what I have to do. Thanks to anyone who can give me some insight! (and sorry for saying putting paris, I couldn't put in moulineaux)

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • leon.partsi's Profile Photo

Re: travel information (moulineaux to beauvais-tille airport)

by leon.partsi Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Hi,

This is going to suck. You are not close and it is not cheap.

If you go to my usual place for this sort of question, rome2rio.com, then type in your origin and destination, you'll see you're about 200km away by car. The nearest train station is Elbeuf St Aubin, which is a 25 min taxi ride away and will cost about $45. Afterward you need 3 different trains and finally a bus. After the effort of getting all those station changes you'll still be paying around $100 in total.

Early in the morning, with you not speaking a word of French or knowing much about the country's geography, this is going to be a total nightmare.

So, my advice is to rent a cheap a car as possible and drive it to the airport. That is much more straightforward. It's only about 5 turns.

Check out that website I mentioned above and see if that trip is something you are willing to do.

Good luck!
    Leon

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pedroswift's Profile Photo

by pedroswift Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Not an answer: A question!! Do you mean "Issy-les-Moulineaux" ???

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM

If you're not sure, Moulineaux is near the city of Rouen and Issy-les-Moulineaux is near Paris.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 9:22 PM

If you are starting at Issy-les-M., get to Porte Maillot and there is a shuttle to Beauvais. aeroportbeauvais.com/bus.php...

Since your flight is early, you might think about spending the night before at Beauvais so you don't have to worry about it. Just a thought.

• Re: travel information (moulineaux to beauvais-tille airport)

by K_V_B Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Go to:
    aeroportbeauvais.com/horaire...
    And look up which shuttle departure is the right one for your flight.

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I would think that the OP does mean Issy-les M

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM

First, dont worry, many of the visitors millions who come to France don't speak French and some who think don't either but its ok we love visitors, very used to them by now...

its quite a bit of way to Beauvais but you can do it; i have done it by car, but with public transport you wont make it (assuming of course it is Issy-les-Moulineaux) to your 7h time at Beauvais but will by 7h22 so the flight will be ok by 9h if not lots of luggage. Just type in the site your stop or arrêt in Issy, like Les Moulineaux. then arrival put in Beauvais. get the dates and times and play with it until you find the one best for you

this site will give you directions

transilien.com/?siteLanguage...

hope it helps

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM

ahh dont know about the hours of the bus from porte maillot to beauvais but you got the sites above to inquire. There is a bus from Issy at val de seine stop maybe not to far from you or if not take the tramway 2 to it,and there take the bus 189 to porte saint cloud and there take another bus No PC1 direction porte de champerret but stops at porte maillot and the buses run from 5h16 from Issy.
    hope it helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines