Paris Travel Answers

change location

Accomodation

by shahieda Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Hi there, could you please suggest accomodation close to paris de gaulle airport

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Accomodation

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Hi. We have a car so stay in nearby Plailly, but I suspect you want to be at the airport for an early flight. Here's a web link for all the airport hotels. It's a map so you can either choose one near your terminal or choose one by your budget. When you have picked a couple, check reviews on www.tripadvisor.com before you book. aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/en-G...

On the other hand, if you are planning a trip in Paris, I'd recommend staying in town rather than out by the airport and if you do have a very early flight, either book a shuttle or move out by the airport the evening before you leave. When we're visiting Paris, we stay in town and take a shuttle for our early flight home.

Whatever you choose, have a good trip and enjoy Paris.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • LeslieofTodd's Profile Photo

by LeslieofTodd Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM

You don't mention your budget but you may want to consider the Novotel Roissy. It is a stone's throw from CDG and on the edge of a little village. The hotel has a spa and wellness center, an indoor pool and a restaurant. The reviews on VT and TripAdvisor sold me and I will be staying there the nights I arrive and depart CDG. Hope this helps.

1 member found this helpful

• pedroswift's Profile Photo

by pedroswift Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Our last night in France Aug 2012 was spent at Suite Novotel, Roissy. suitenovotel.com/gb/hotel-de...
    Tariff was a little more than expected €119 per room. However, free Accor shuttle bus goes by every 15 minutes and drops of at the airport rail shuttle to connect to Airport terminals.

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 7:33 AM

There you go; recommendations from two of our top members. We've stayed at the Novotel at the Nice airport and it was excellent. It's a very reliable chain.

Enjoy your trip.

• lara1962's Profile Photo

by lara1962 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Hi, there is "zone de hoteliere allee du verger..." directly in the neighbourhood of Charle de Gaulle Airport. There are a lot of different hotels, like a village...

hotelplanner.com/Hotels/5614...

Enjoy Paris

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 1:00 PM

you have several days depending on your budget the before mentioned novotel or the Ibis are good, and there is the Hilton and Sheraton.

by LeslieofTodd Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Beausoleil wrote:
    There you go; recommendations from two of our top members. We've stayed at the Novotel at the Nice airport and it was excellent. It's a very reliable chain.

Enjoy your trip.

I am so excited with the up coming trip.  Your travel writings and photos have inspired me and given me a whiff of the delights that await in France! I haven't figured out how I am going to eat all the things I want to try in just 18 days.  And the cheeses, a favorite, alone, will thrill me!  I have been prowling the pages of VT looking for interesting cheese related material in France.  You are so knowledgeable about France, would you mind if I stay in touch with you during my trip? 

It is snowing in the mountains of Central Pennsylvania today.  It was gorgeous this morning. 

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Thanks for your kind comments. If it's any comfort, it's snowing in our mountains today . . . but (she says nastily), it is sunny and warm here at our house in sunny California.

Don't even think about doing it all in 18 days. Just enjoy to the max where you are and what you are doing . . . and start planning the next trip.

On our first trip, we just got an overview so we could start planning and that's what we did. We zipped around the whole country and decided where to start the "real" journey next time. We're still working on ideas from that trip and ideas from people we've met along the way. France is addictive.

Do stay in touch. I'd be delighted. I want to hear all about your trip.

by LeslieofTodd Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM

The pleasure will be mine. I hope this trip will be a stepping-stone to future journeys. Travel is what I have been missing and it will undoubtedly reward me in so many ways!

• kathymof's Profile Photo

by kathymof Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Hi - I stayed at the Holiday Inn at CDG. They had a shuttle service to the airport.
    "Holiday Inn at CDG" - Holiday Inn Paris - Charles De Gaulle Airport Tip by kathymof

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines