Paris Travel Answers

change location

Driving Paris to Lourdes

by SusieS55 Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Thinking of driving from CDG airport to Lourdes for an overnight and returning the next day. Is this a fairly simple and straightforward drive?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Driving Paris to Lourdes

by xymmot Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Sorry, I posted and as usually the post disappears. VT has a problem in the forum as we have to rewrite our post a second time, ,but this time, I won,t go into detail. Driving to Lourdes from Paris on a. Overnighter is not advised as it takes over six hours just to get out there stay overnight and then return is crazy. It is quoted over 800km each way and I would find time better spent elsewhere. You will be exhausted just getting there, just to return the next day? I find some more time to enjoy the scenery.

Cheers tommy x

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM

The fast train, TGV, als takes 5 hours, 40 minutes. So that doesn't seem an option.
    You could fly to Lourdes (Lourdes Tarbes) in 1 hour 20 minutes. It looks cheaper than going by train as well. Just check the airline carrier websites.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM

did I read this right, you want to drive from CDG to Lourdes and come back next day??? I love driving and find fascinating to do it here in France but you will do ok with the train or even a low cost flight from Orly airport.

edreams.com/flights/paris-lo...

hope it helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines