Paris Travel Answers

change location
girondine's Profile Photo

A night in Paris

by girondine Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Hi! What about spend one evening to see a show in a famous cabaret like Crazy horse,Lido,Moulin Rouge?Which one do you recommend?Or any other sugestion for a place to celebrate a wedding aniversary...

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: A night in Paris

by gwened Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 3:07 AM

I have try them all but to me very touristic not the real France. I know I know, very popular,all want to try them ok. Having said that for me if need to choose the crazy horse is better, but its personal
    hope it helps your planning

ahh wedding anniversay then go to the more cozy lapin agile
    at montmartre
    http://www.au-lapin-agile.com/
    hope it helps

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 3:40 AM

I went to the Paradis Latin (invited) show a couple of years back and I didn't think it was very good, also the Folies Bergere back in my taxi-driving days. Every time we see a show on the télé and they show the audiences everybody seems to be craning their necks to try to see something. I wouldn't bother but then I'm not a tourist there.
    Pedro's suggestion of the Lapin Agile is a good one, but from my memory your French would have to be pretty good. If it's a sumptuos 1900's superb decoration and lovely food try Restaurant Julien on faubourg St. Denis, don't forget to book though. It is a great evening.

• goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Just throwing my vote in with the others to choose a lovely, authentic restaurant instead of the cabarets you've listed. The two previous posters know what they're about when it comes to Paris, and I'm inclined to agree that these shows tend to draw only tourists these days: which is why we skipped them during our time in the city. :O)

Be the first to rate this answer!

• swissfondue's Profile Photo

by swissfondue Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 6:10 AM

I personally wouldnt spend my wedding anniversary at the Moulin Rouge. I have been and wouldnt recommend it for a romantic night in Paris. Paris has some amazing restaurants. I would choose somewhere where you can watch the lights twinkle on the Eiffel Tower.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 6:40 AM

yes restaurants are a bunch to do a wedding reception or anniversary, I will be thursday at the La Gare in the 16éme,and old train station now restaurant, for real Parisien look. You eat at the platform now totally renovated into one of the largest Paris resto.

restaurantlagare.com/accueil...

many choices in Paris ,hard to pick one, enjoy Paris.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Another vote for a nice restaurant and skipping the touristy cabarets. The authentic French cabarets are in French and unless you speak the language, it would go over your head. I'd rather have a lovely dinner and conversation for my anniversary. One place that is often recommended here and is very French is Le Train Bleu in the Gare de Lyon. Here's the web site to give you some idea of what you'll see. Food is excellent. le-train-bleu.com/uk/index.p...

A big advantage is that you'll walk out into a very pretty part of Paris where you can walk down to the Seine and walk along the river with all the lights of Paris. Very romantic.

Have a Happy Anniversary and a great trip to Paris.

• zuriga's Profile Photo

by zuriga Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I went to a Crazy Horse show quite a few years ago, and I have to say it was really quite interesting and enjoyable. I think it's a bit less touristy than many other places like the Moulin Rouge or Folies Bergere. To be honest, as a wife, I'd rather spend an anniversary having a delicious, romantic dinner than having my husband watching naked women. :-)

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Beausoleil wrote:
    Another vote for a nice restaurant and skipping the touristy cabarets. The authentic French cabarets are in French and unless you speak the language, it would go over your head. I'd rather have a lovely dinner and conversation for my anniversary. One place that is often recommended here and is very French is Le Train Bleu in the Gare de Lyon. Here's the web site to give you some idea of what you'll see. Food is excellent. le-train-bleu.com/uk/index.p...

A big advantage is that you'll walk out into a very pretty part of Paris where you can walk down to the Seine and walk along the river with all the lights of Paris. Very romantic.

Have a Happy Anniversary and a great trip to Paris.

Haha Sally, did you know as you do your romantic walk along the Seine you are just by the City morgue!!!!! This in no way detracts from the enjoyment, neither of Le Train Bleu or a walk along the Seine (although I'd start my walk from a bit further on, by the Pont Sully and Ile St Louis)

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Paul, I'll keep the morgue in mind next time and try to be more serious as I walk by. We like the sculpture garden on the other side of the Seine and the Jardin des Plantes was our first "find" on our first trip to Paris many years ago and we like to return often.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines