Paris Travel Answers

change location

paris apartments

by KatHow Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 7:38 AM

My husband and I will be in Paris for 3 days in May 15-18th. We would like to stay in a cheap but clean apartment or hotel, within walking distance (with luggage) to the Gard du Nord station. Would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
15 Answers
  • Karlithus's Profile Photo

Re: paris apartments

by Karlithus Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Hi.

When we were in Paris, 4 years ago, we stayed in an appartment in Avenue de l'Opéra.

I don't remember the price, but I remember it was way more cheap than hotels far from the city center!

I think i was called "nid d'amour". All went very well with the appartment!

Karl

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 8:00 AM

What do you call "Cheap" ?

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Karlithus's Profile Photo

by Karlithus Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I don't really remember the price, it was 4 years ago...

But it think i was about 300€ for 5 nights, though not sure!

2 members found this helpful

by pfsmalo Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 8:11 AM

The "Nid d'amour" on Av de l'Opera is now 170€ per night for a min. of 4 nights.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 8:17 AM

KatHow wrote:
    My husband and I will be in Paris for 3 days in May 15-18th. We would like to stay in a cheap but clean apartment or hotel, within walking distance (with luggage) to the Gard du Nord station. Would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

Hi

I am currently researching apartments in Paris for August

I have found this website to be very good- just put in your requirements (eg price, area  etc)- Google

Booking.com Paris apartments

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 8:46 AM

We've used Paris Attitude Apartments and were very happy with them. There are all locations and price ranges. Many will not rent for less than a full week, but many will rent by the day so check limitations. For a few days it might be easier to look for a budget hotel in that area. http://www.parisattitude.com/

Also, type Paris into the Search Window above and see what VT members have already listed for hotels and apartments. You can also click on the names of people who answer you here to go to their Home Page where you can check their Travel Pages for Accommodations and other useful things. It's a great resource here on VT.

Enjoy Paris.

• Re: paris apartments

by rlizard Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Last year we stayed at a wonderful little apt on the Quai de Valmy with super view of Canal St Martin, the owner is very helpful and our stay went without a hitch. You can see the apt on homeaway , listing # is 404000, we paid about 100E/night but that was in March. Apt is about 10 min walk to Gare du Nord, a bit less to Gare de l"Est. We walked with our luggage...no problem. We have also stayed at the Hotel Sibour on rue Sibour about 5-6 times and like it very much. It's a great deal in a great location. We have never paid more than 60E/night double,en suite.They have a website. It's about 3 mins to Gare de l"Est and maybe 10 to Nord, again we walked from Nord with bags. Great metro connections at both places.

• ll_angel86's Profile Photo

by ll_angel86 Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I used the website centreparis.com and found an appartment in 2e. You can try searching and filter by location and size.

by jeanfinney Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I have traveled extensively and prefer apartments, by far - People always suggest specific sites but I think the best way is to simply google the request, then a multitude of sites will propose their offerings; you won't be limited to what one site offers - It helps a lot if you can also function in French - Check airbnb too, and craigslist; you can put an ad in craigslist too (just follow the guidelines and your common sense) - good luck and enjoy...By the way, there are also showers at Gare du Nord, cool!! Jean

by pfsmalo Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I've used homelidays.fr and wimdu.fr. I've just had a look on wimdu and they have around 44 studios and flats starting at 41€ per night in the area you want for the last two weeks of June.(I just put in "up to 100€") if you want to put more money they obviously have them.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 4:20 PM

rlizard above mentioned renting from Homeaway. We've used them too and they're excellent. Here's the web site. http://www.homeaway.co.uk/World/r1.htm

rlizard also mentioned Hotel Sibour so here is that web site: http://www.hotel-sibour.com/

I've not seen the hotel so can't comment on it, just giving you the web site.

by KatHow Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Thanks for that. Sadly I also found a bunch of scammers on Craiglist. Apartments that dont exist but are advertised to scam people. Shocking!

by jeanfinney Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Yes, Craigslist can be very useful - I have used it a lot and never been ripped off - but there are lots of scammers on it - I have a pretty good nose for it at this point - The obvious ones are gorgeous apartments not even in the style of the country at impossibly low prices - It has to look real, for a start; begin a conversation with the advertiser and often they will reveal themselves rapidly - and one should never send the whole amount, just a reasonable deposit (and sometimes people will let that pass), and of course never ever by Western Union or other services where there is no hope of reimbursement or tracing - That is in their guidelines - I flag things sometimes but I don't know how fast they are checking flags, they could improve there, for sure - It is not shocking, it is just life, but if it smells bad, don't eat it!! Watch your back but enjoy what is out in front of you!!

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 2:57 PM

cheap is serious word in Paris, you can see your budget for apartments at
    www.fusac.fr
    the good ones are adverstise there as this I do elsewhere
    www.homelidays.com
    then check the cheap place
    www.paris35.com

hope it helps

• lnrs's Profile Photo

by lnrs Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Libertel Gare de L'Est Francais, Hotel Relais du Pre and Hôtel du Pré are quite popular with travellers wanting to stay close to Gare du Nord.

Hope it helps.

eurocheapo.com/paris/hoods/g...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines