change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TatyanaA's Profile Photo

Best way to get from Sicily to Malta

Sicilia Jul 13, 2015 at 1:11 AM

I'm thinking of spending 2 weeks in September in Sicily and then 3- days in Malta. What is a best way to get from Sicily there? Ferry or plane? From Trapani, Catania or other place? I'd like it quick and on budget, better in the evening

more
    • help with itinerary please

Sicilia Jul 26, 2015 at 6:48 PM

I've read several Sicily travel books and read who knows how much on the internet and now I'm more confused than ever! I'm hoping some of you experts can give me some guidance on Sicily. We will be arriving in Catania on Oct 8th about 2:30 pm. We have a timeshare in Scicli starting on the 10th for a week. Our original thought was to rent a car and head straight to Taormini for 2 nights then drive to Scicli. Unfortunately we just realized that we have to fly back out of Catania instead of Palermo which has put a kink in our plans. With a week in Scicli and a car we figured we could see the most of the lower part of Sicily on day trips. We want to spend some time in Palermo doing some day trips out of there and are not overly interested in seeing the islands. We have traveled through Italy and Greece so have seen a lot of ruins and could skip that or when leaving Scicli we could go to Arigento and then spend the night in Enna. We love the small towns, being part of the culture, seeing the sights, local markets, etc. We don't like hoards of tourists (hopping on and off of buses) and fighting the crowds. That said, what we're looking for is help with our itinerary. Should we stay with going to from the airport to Taormini? When and where should we pick up a car and turn it back in? We have an early flight out of Catarina Oct. 23rd so have to spend the night there on the 22nd otherwise we really don't have any interest in spending time in Catarina. Thank you in advance for your helpful guidance.

more

Theater and traffic

Palermo 18 hours ago

I'm coming for 2 weeks to Sicily and plan to spend day or 2 in Palermo. We are driving a car, but having read a lot of horror stories of traffic in Palermo, I booked 2 nights in Monreale, planning to go by bus. But... I've also got tickets to the Massimo theater and was told that taking bus at night won't be an option. So what is the easiest way to get from Monreale to Palermo and back, and if we need to go by car, where can we park to make our driving less stressful and parking safe?

more
    • transportation

Taormina Jul 29, 2015 at 7:35 AM

how do i travel from Catania airport to Taormina please?

more

Late flight to Catania

Sicilia Jul 27, 2015 at 1:56 AM

My flight arrives to Catania airport at 23:00. We are planning to take the car but I'm not sure rent car will be open so late. What a best options? Take a hotel not far and come in the morning to the office or get somehow to Catania (or Siracusa our destination for tomorrow - and deal with the car in the morning near the hotel?

more