Parati

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• CRUISE TERMINAL

Rio de Janeiro Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

more
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

more
    • Gluten free restaurants around Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro Apr 17, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Can anyone give some names of restaurants around Rio that serve gluten free lunch and dinner?. I am going to Rio during the World Cup with wife and two children

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

Rio de Janeiro Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • marechal hermes

Rio de Janeiro Apr 21, 2014 at 3:58 AM

Im staying in this area for a week in june, just wondering is there a good bus service running to the city? i will be based near the air base there.

more
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

more
    • getting to the International Airport in Rio from Paraty

by texascountess Online Now Aug 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I would like to take a plane from Rio to Belo Horizonte at 1:01. What is the best way to get there from Paraty? there seem to be buses that leave at 8:30, but that is too late

1 Answer Aug 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    • Quality Internet Access in Parati

by rgaglian Online Now Jun 6, 2013 at 4:09 AM

Hi, we are planning to move to Brazil and evaluating Parati as an option. I just need good Internet connectivity. Any idea of which services are available in the town?

Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 6, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

Parati to Foz do iguacu bus?

by Unique82 Online Now Nov 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Hi!

Im just wondering anyone knows if there is a direct bus from Parati to foz do iguacu direct bus withut changing in SP?. Thanks.

3 Answers Dec 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    • Transportation from Angras dos Reis or Parati to Resende or Visconde de Maua.

by lacebugz Online Now Dec 22, 2011 at 6:00 AM

Trying to find transportation to Visconde de Maua from either Angras or Parati. Does anyone know if this is possible/bus schedules?
      Thank you.

3 Answers Dec 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    • bus to buenos aires from brazil

by pheebs1972 Online Now Sep 13, 2011 at 2:33 AM

hi,
      at the end of october i would like to travel from Parati to Buenos Aires. Does anyone know if there is a possibility to travel by bus/ how long it takes etc?
      Before I go to Parati i will be in Curitibia and i understood that they have a good public transportation system. is it better to skip Parati and go directly from Curitibia to Buenos Aires or not?
      Thanks for the info!

4 Answers Sep 13, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    • Parati

by Mtruter Online Now Aug 29, 2011 at 7:45 AM

How do we travel from Rio to Parati.
      How far is it?

4 Answers Aug 30, 2011 at 1:45 PM
    • transport from Vitoria to Paraty

by elizesa1 Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 2:59 AM

I'd like to know what is the most convenient way to get from Vitoria airport to Paraty town?

1 Answer Jul 21, 2011 at 6:29 AM
    • buzios-parati

by atteb Online Now Mar 29, 2011 at 9:45 PM

What is the best way to travel from parati to buzios or vice versa. Are there buses? how long would the trip take? where could i find a schedule?

3 Answers Mar 30, 2011 at 1:43 PM
    • Pousada needed for 1 lady traveller

by christinebennett Online Now Nov 14, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I am travelling to Paraty for 2 nights in Jan 2011 & need somewhere to stay. I think a Pousada is probably my best bet as I am 50 yrs old. Any suggestions for somewhere that isn't too expensive (it gets expensive when you travel alone as you have to pay for 2 people all the time). I have seen a suggestion for the Pousada Provence & have e mailed them for prices. I can't find any reviews on them?
      Any help would be much appreciated.

3 Answers Nov 16, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    • Paraty Explorer

by SeakayakBrazil Online Now Apr 16, 2010 at 8:01 AM

somebody knows the guides that work at Paratyexplorer. they have a nice tours but i would like to know first, how experience are they.

• Flooded streets

by Dimez Online Now Apr 9, 2010 at 3:26 AM

Hello,

I am going in September and October to Brasil and the plan is to visit somewhere half October Parati and some other places between Rio and Sao Paulo.

I read about the flooded streets in Parati, is this nice to see?
      And what is the change that it will flood with a full moon, is this every full moon or sometimes? I found that the 23 of October is full moon in Parati, so would it be worth to schedule our trip in such a way that we are in Parati that day?

And another question, how are the buses around Parati, is it easy to visit Angra dos reis and Ihla Grande? We donot know exactly what we want to visit in that area, but is everything reachable with the bus?

1 Answer Apr 9, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    • cachadaco beach

by bevmorrato Online Now Jan 18, 2010 at 6:26 PM

I will be on Oceania cruise docking in Parati on feb. 14. How do I get to Charadaco beach - not walking. can i get a boat easily and cost. Is snokeling good? How long a trip?

2 Answers Jan 19, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    • Bus from Santos

by petersenn Online Now Sep 20, 2009 at 11:30 AM

We shall arrive by ship in Santos. Now I am looking for a bus-connection from Santos to Paraty on the seashore road. So far I could not find anything. Is Santos worth to spend a night there?

2 Answers Sep 21, 2009 at 12:26 PM
    • Parati Bus Transport

by deemartinez Online Now Aug 19, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I found the web site for Reunidas (www.reunidaspaulista.com.br if anyone needs it, however it is in Portuguese. Can anyone direct me to an English site or a phone number for English? Thanks so much,
      DeeMartinez

4 Answers Aug 20, 2009 at 10:46 AM
    • JohnniOmani's Profile Photo

Transportation Problem?

by JohnniOmani Online Now Jun 21, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Hi Folks,
      Next month I will be going to Rio followed by Ilha Grande and then Paraty. After Paraty, what are my options? I dont want to go to Sao Paulo. I want to go to Tiradentes, Ouro Preto then back to Buzios or Rio. Can someone please help me. Any suggestions for after my Paraty sector? Any help would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks fellow VTers :)
      John from Canada

2 Answers Jun 27, 2009 at 9:15 AM
    • Paraty to Ilha Grande

by jsmorawetz Online Now Nov 8, 2008 at 9:31 AM

What is the best way to travel from Paraty to Ilha Grande?

from the limited ferry schedule it looks like one early morning ferry from Angra therefore probably bus ? to Angra in the evening, stay overnight and early morning ferry.

any thoughts?

4 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • Minibus transfer from Rio to Paraty

by clionag Online Now Aug 18, 2008 at 2:45 PM

You mentioned you got a minibus transfer from Rio to Praty. I plan on honeymooning there in December and we leave Rio fro PAraty on Dec 24th. What is the name of the company you got your transfer with, was it private, how much did it cost and did they bring you back to Rio on a return visit. Thanks Cliona

3 Answers Aug 18, 2008 at 9:45 PM
    • Originalpaolone's Profile Photo

Bus from Sao Paulo to Paraty

by Originalpaolone Online Now Feb 10, 2008 at 11:49 AM

I will be in Sao Paulo next March 11th and I would go to Parati by bus.
      I read that the bus start from the Tiete terminal: can someone kindly indicate me the timetable of this line in the morning? What's the name of the bus line and how many time is need??
      Thanks
      Paolo

4 Answers Feb 11, 2008 at 8:21 AM
    • Fish_Fish's Profile Photo

Bus from Parati to Sao Paulo

by Fish_Fish Online Now Jan 26, 2008 at 2:59 AM

We are going to Brazil on early February and will stay at Parati for 2 days and head up to Sao Paulo, I would need enlightenment on information on Bus from Parati to Sao Paulo.

1. I would like to know where is the bus station in Parati that head to Sao Paulo and the schedule
      2. Is the bus always full and do we have advance booking while in Parati
      3. Do we have to reserve seats and if so what is the contact number

Your help is highly appreciated

3 Answers Feb 8, 2008 at 6:13 AM
    • DATES TO VISIT PARATI

by MatthewMokanyk Online Now Oct 8, 2007 at 7:26 AM

We vacation every year during spring break with our two young daughters. Is spring break a bad time to visit Parati (weather and etc...)? Our spring break will be March 28th through April 6th.

1 Answer Oct 8, 2007 at 12:18 PM
    • taansend's Profile Photo

Bars/Restaurants Showing Brazil Football Matches In Parati

by taansend Online Now May 2, 2007 at 3:44 AM

Hello,

I will be in Parati for a few days around the start of June and would love to see the Brazil vs England friendly on Friday June 1st. I arrive the night before so won't have time to explore.

Can anyone please help me with the names of any bars or restaurants that may show the match.

I will buy you a couple of beers if you can help.

Many regards

Taansend

1 Answer May 2, 2007 at 6:40 PM
    • Bus transfer from Parati to Sao Paolo Guarulhos

by andekar Online Now Feb 19, 2007 at 11:25 PM

We are planning on going from Parati in the morning a Sunday in April to Sao Paolo Guarulhos to catch a flight at 8.30pm.
      Is this possible?? Which bus company will run this? And when will it leave Parati?? Do we have to go into Sao Paolo and change to an airport bus??

/Anders

• Getting from Parati to Sao Paulo by bus on a Sunday?

by anniesim Online Now Dec 13, 2006 at 6:49 AM

I am flying out of Sao Paulo (GRU) on Sunday 24th Dec in the evening. Does anyone know if it will be possible to leave Parati that morning in time to get to the airport. Know the bus journey takes approx 5hrs to the bus terminal and how long to the airport, 40mins? But do these buses run on a sunday? And the day before christmas??? Help please!! Many thanks

• Getting from Sao Paulo to Paraty

by lunabellies Online Now Aug 8, 2006 at 1:11 PM

I am flying into Sao Paulo and would really like some info. on where to catch 'the' bus that will tlake me to Paraty, and how much will it cost? Can I catch it right at Guarulh Airport in Sao Paulo, or do I need to get to a bus depot? I realize the trip is about 5 hours, I feel it may be a nice intro. to Brazil. Any help is appreciated.

3 Answers Jan 2, 2008 at 8:13 PM
    • Please do me a favour!! Any helpful soul in Parati, Brazil?

by osullic Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 4:47 AM

Hi guys,

I know this is an unusual request...

I was in Parati with my girlfriend last year, and we came across a street stall selling really nice hand-painted bead jewellery. I can't remember exactly where the stall was, but it was somewhere near Praca da Matriz. I don't think it would be too hard to come across just wandering around.

Anyway, my girlfriend's birthday is coming up, and I'd really like to give her one of the necklaces that were being sold at this street stall. The necklaces are just strings of differently-coloured, brightly-painted beads with flowers, etc painted on the beads. They're really cheap, but really nice and it's more for the sentimental value than anything. Is there any chance someone in Parati would be willing to buy one of these necklaces for me? Of course, if you agree, I will post you the money first. I would be forever in your debt!

If someone thinks they might be able to help me out, please get in contact and we can sort out the details.

Thanks a million!!
      Colin

3 Answers Aug 14, 2006 at 3:52 PM
    • romantic get-away

by bostonite Online Now Jan 11, 2006 at 8:05 AM

Hi - my husband and I will be traveling to Parati in March, and we are looking for a romantic, luxury get-away for our stay. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks.

1 Answer Jan 18, 2006 at 2:05 AM
    • CaptainM's Profile Photo

Things to do?

by CaptainM Online Now Sep 26, 2005 at 3:56 AM

Hello, I've booked a holiday to Brazil in November, flying to Rio and also visiting the Iguassu Falls. We're then hiring a car and driving to Parati for 6 days. I already heard that the best beaches are reachable by either boat or car? Can someone eloborate on this please? And also what else is recommended to do. We're not just beach bums - we do like a bit of culture and history as well! :o)
      cheers,

4 Answers Jan 6, 2006 at 12:48 AM
    • Bompas's Profile Photo

Parati or Buzios

by Bompas Online Now Aug 15, 2005 at 8:49 AM

We are planning a trip to Rio at the end of September - after that we could either spend 4 days in Parati or Buzios. Although we like cultural villages we are concerned that 4 days is too much for Parati and that we should rather look at Buzios. Or maybe we should spend an extra day in Rio and 3 days in Parati. Can anyone assist? thanks

2 Answers May 21, 2007 at 6:34 AM
    • Rach&Jay's Profile Photo

Drive from Rio & Stay in Parati

by Rach&Jay Online Now Jun 22, 2005 at 8:13 PM

Hi All
      Wanting to hire a car from Copacabana, Rio to Parati. Has anyone done this? Do you prices, length of drive (I heard about 4 hours) and whether it was a good drive?
      Also, looking to stay at Pousada do Ouro for 1 night then drive back to Rio. Has anyone stayed here? Any opinions would be appreciated.
      Thanks

5 Answers May 21, 2007 at 6:03 AM
    • Getting from Parati to Guaratinguetá

by Bademeister Online Now Mar 29, 2005 at 11:41 AM

Does anyone know if there are local buses running from Parati to Guaratinguetá? If not, what is the best way to get there and what would it cost? I need to get there on Wednesday morning (April 6th)...

2 Answers Mar 30, 2005 at 1:16 AM