Parati Travel Answers

change location

Pousada needed for 1 lady traveller

by christinebennett Online Now Nov 14, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I am travelling to Paraty for 2 nights in Jan 2011 & need somewhere to stay. I think a Pousada is probably my best bet as I am 50 yrs old. Any suggestions for somewhere that isn't too expensive (it gets expensive when you travel alone as you have to pay for 2 people all the time). I have seen a suggestion for the Pousada Provence & have e mailed them for prices. I can't find any reviews on them?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Re: Pousada needed for 1 lady traveller

by mircaskirca Online Now Nov 14, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I was staying in Historic Centre Hostel. It is located in the heart of the Centro Historico, next to the Casa da Cultura, only 100 metres from Paraty's central square Praca da Matriz. It is run by a very friendly English speaking native John and his son. They offer two types of accommodation: private en suite rooms and 4 person dorms. I had my own room.

Delicious breakfast is included in the price and it is served in the yard. You find everything from fresh fruit and juice, coffee, tea, bread, cheese, ham, jam, cake, couscous... Guests are free to use sky TV and internet at any hour of the day or night. And if you have a question regarding numerous activities in Paraty, John is always at hand to give you some suggestions, show the photos and arrange the trip. He offers boat trip, jeep tours, trekking and bike & car hire.

I enjoyed staying in Historic Centre Hostel and would recommend it to anybody looking for a comfortalble acomodation on a low budget.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bahiana77's Profile Photo

by bahiana77 Online Now Nov 16, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Lady, you have stated on another forum that you have the funds to take a very expensive helicopter ride (that many people can't afford, even on a once in a lifetime trip), so I suggest you do a reality check before you complain publically about room prices as a single.

• robine's Profile Photo

by robine Online Now Nov 16, 2010 at 1:06 PM

We've twice enjoyed staying at the Pousada Morro do Forte, comfortable and with excellent views.

But, for this kind of question, www.tripadvisor.com is more helpful.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines