Re: Bus from Santos
Santos is much better than Paraty. Santos is a big city with active nightlife and Paraty is a historical old little town. However ecological and old
towns are interesting spots for tourists.
Near Santos you may find Guarujá. Guarujá is the best place to going to a dip.
Social and nightlife in Guarujá is OK. You may find many good hotels there. Guarujá was made for tourism.
There are two ways you may choose in going from Santos/Guarujá to Paraty:
1) Hire a car from Hertz at Av Conselheiro Nebias, 321; Santos city. The hiring
car agency is near dock and stablished at Vila Mathias. I believe you will
find some clerks there experts in dealing with tourists.
2) By bus you will change from one bus company to another.
* Santos--> São Paulo. You will find many bus companies serving both cities
at Santos' Bus Station. Drop out in Tietê Bus Station in São Paulo city.
* From Tietê Bus Station buy a ticket to Paraty city. The bus company that
serves São Paulo city and Paraty is named by Empresas Paulistas Reunidas.
You may find bus departures from São Paulo to Paraty at 8AM; 00:15PM
4PM and 9:30PM from monday to saturday. During sundays you will not find
the 4PM bus transportation.
* I don't advise tourists go by night if they are not portuguese/spanish
talkactives. Dealing and buying a ticket with brazilian clerks who don't
speak english fine is bothering enough.
Be the first to rate this answer!Was this helpful?