Parati Travel Answers

change location
JohnniOmani's Profile Photo

Transportation Problem?

by JohnniOmani Online Now Jun 21, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Hi Folks,
Next month I will be going to Rio followed by Ilha Grande and then Paraty. After Paraty, what are my options? I dont want to go to Sao Paulo. I want to go to Tiradentes, Ouro Preto then back to Buzios or Rio. Can someone please help me. Any suggestions for after my Paraty sector? Any help would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks fellow VTers :)
John from Canada

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • fabiosantiag's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation Problem?

by fabiosantiag Online Now Jun 26, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Hi Buddy ! I like Parati too much. I've been there many times. You'll really enjoy that.
    In Parati, you should ride a boat (saveiro). There are many boats there. Prices about 15 to 25. Choose one no crowded. You can arrive at the pier about 8 to 10:00 am. You'll be back about 17:00 pm. Don't forget to bring mask and snorkel.
    At the end of the main street, near to the Historic Town, you should take a Jeep for a ride on a Farm named Fazenda Muricana. You can rent a horse there and see waterfalls, have a natural shower and drink a good "pinga" too. Don't forget to bring an insect repellent. The Jeep also get a little part of the Royal Road (Estrada Real), a old way used to bring gold from Ouro Preto.
    If it possible, go to Trindade. It's a delightful place to walk on a large beach, drink many "caipirinhas" and eat a fresh fry fish.
    I can tell you more tips, but I don't know how long you'll stay in Parati.
    Whatever, you have an excellent trip plan.
    If you want more tips, please, write here or send a mail to fabiosantiag@gmail.com.

P.S. I've been to Canada in 2007 and I loved your country. I hope you'll enjoy Brasil too.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • fabiosantiag's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation Problem?

by fabiosantiag Online Now Jun 27, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Hi again ! I've been thinking about your plan. Parati is located on South of Rio de Janeiro state and Buzios on North of it, so after Parati you should go to Rio and next to Buzios.
    I've pasted the timetable Rio-Buzios - 1001 Bus Line (autoviação 1001)

vendas.autoviacao1001.com.br...
    # Horários de ida (from Rio): 6:30, 9:15, 11:15, 13:15, 15:15, 17:15 e 19:30h.
    # Horários de volta (from Buzios): 7:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00 e 19:00h.

I've found a good site with English option information
    buziosturismo.com/por/comoch...

Tiradentes and Ouro Preto are located on Minas Gerais state and so that route is very different.
    You should leave Buzios and go back to Rio and take a bus to get these cities.
    from Rio to Ouro Preto - Bus Line Company named VIAÇÃO UTIL.
    http://www.util.com.br/horarios.php
    from Rio to Tiradentes - VIAÇÃO PARAIBUNA. You must get out in São João Del Rey and take a bus or a taxi to Tiradentes
    Timetable in tiradentes.net/localizacao.h...

Have a nice trip.

Fabio

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines