change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• armaan62's Profile Photo

about invitation

Paraguay Mar 3, 2014 at 2:08 PM

i am from sauida arabia owner of rk gulf oil, i want to come paraguay but not on my arab passport on my indian passport my falimy wont give me permission to go paraguay so thats why i want to come on my indian passport so anybody can help me out for this for the invitation, my birth place was egypt but i have studied in geneva and i have 3 countries passports and i'd but from arab passports i cant go any where without the permission.....

11 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    • Enter to Brazil from Paraguay ?

Paraguay Feb 9, 2014 at 5:19 AM

I will enter to Brazil from Paraguay for one day or so will I need a visa ?
      Thank you guys !!

2 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 6:10 AM
    • massot's Profile Photo

´Three days in Asunción

Asunción Jan 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Please, some advice about transport from to Airport, hotel (medium price), and what to do!.
      Thanks dear VT travellers!
      Roma, Barcelona, Tarragona

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • drive time

Paraguay Nov 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM

how long would it take to drive to Paraguay from orlando

5 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 4:48 AM
    • TravisS4's Profile Photo

taking car into Paraguay

Paraguay Oct 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I want to drive from Posadas, Argentina, across the river into Encarnacion, Paraguay, continuing on to the Jesuit ruins at Trinidad, Paraguay. What, if any, documents are required to take the car into Paraguay? Other than the usual road/driving issues, are there any border formalities on either side that would be a problem?

1 Answer Oct 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    • Tour en Paraguay

Filadelfia Sep 12, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Private transportation from Asuncion to Filadelfia, Encarnacion and Foz do Iguazu

• cde to foz

Ciudad del Este Aug 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM

i am travelling after a volunteer trip in asuncion. we are flying and arriving in cde at 11:40. I need to find a way to get to the brazil side to the falls from the cde airport. Ideally I would like to explore cde alittle before crossing the bridge. I have read that I could take a bus that will bring me across. I have both a paraguay and brazil visa. I'm alittle confused with where I'm supposed to stop for immigration? at both ends or just the brazil side? I'm canadian. we are staying at the Hotel das Cataratas. any suggestions on best time to travel across the bridge? is it a good idea to shop in cde with all of our luggage? thank you, ming

1 Answer Aug 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM
    • shopping

Paraguay May 17, 2013 at 6:09 AM

What are some items you shop for?

2 Answers May 17, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

Bus to Salta Argentina

Asunción Feb 6, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Hi!

Does any know if their is a bus from Asuncion to Salta Argentina?

3 Answers Feb 6, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    • FrankieW's Profile Photo

2 weeks in paraguay

Paraguay Dec 20, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Hi all

I'm planning a 2 week trip to Paraguay last week in January and 1st week in February. I'll be coming from and returning to Brazil, other than that I can go anywhere.

If anyone could provide some things I must do and things that I shouldn't I would appreciate it very much. For example is there any food that's great, or a football match or national park I should see.

thanks guys

Mark

5 Answers Feb 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    • DSwede's Profile Photo

Comments on General Itinerary

Paraguay Mar 4, 2012 at 6:04 AM

I'm in the early stages of planning a ~7 day trip to Paraguay and want to set some priorities. Keeping in mind that I do 'not' want to add Iguazu to my itinerary (I've already been there from Argentina & Brazil), what recommendations do any of you have? I'm not looking for detailed specifics, but rather comments to the general itinerary:

a) 2 days Asuncion
      b) 2 days circuit - Itá, Yaguarón, Piribebuy, Caacupé, Itauguá, Luque
      c) is it worth visiting Encarnacion/Posadas (Argentina) for a day (?)
      d) is Filadelfia worth visiting (?)
      e) 1 day in Villarrica (?)
      f) 2 days driving through north Chaco area (?)
      g) Recommended national parks, etc. along the way

I'm assuming I would need my own transportation to make this happen unless you tell me public transit sufficient even in these small/remote places.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers May 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    • Asuncion nightlife

Asunción Jan 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Hi all,

Short notice I know but no harm asking.

I'd like to step out tonight and soak up a little nightlife. My days of booming dance music clubs were fun but they are firmly in the past. Any suggestions on bars where there´s a more mature crowd? My usual thing is to see if I can find a bar where there´s some live music on (covers rather than the leading edge of contemporary new stuff) so something like that would be interesting although I am open to other ideas.

Short notice as I said but what the heck.

Cheers.

• Ge

Asunción Jan 27, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Hi all,

I posted this in the forum for Foz. If anyone is able to advise on this question, it would superb if you could add any advice there that you have.

VT Forum temporarily unavailable

Any help is welco,e.

2 Answers Jan 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM
    • Encarnacion

Asunción Nov 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I am visiting friends in Encarnacion- I need to go from Asuncion to Encarnacion- what is the best way to go to encarnacion? I arrive on December 24 is transporation flexible? how much will it cost me?
      Thanks
      Amy

2 Answers Nov 21, 2011 at 3:37 AM
    • Drinking Age in Paraguay

Paraguay Jun 26, 2011 at 4:25 PM

So I recently read that the drinking age in Paraguay is 20. I'm 18, so that really killed some of the excitement of going there; I assumed it was 18. So my question is:

Do they enforce the drinking age down there? (like IDing people when they go to buy alcohol.)

Thanks

7 Answers Nov 28, 2012 at 5:06 AM
    • RE: names & WEBSITES of bus companys operating Ciudad del este to Sao Paulo

Paraguay Oct 27, 2010 at 5:46 AM

I urgently require confirmation of the names and websites of Bus Companies operating the above route. Thank u.

3 Answers Nov 28, 2012 at 5:08 AM
    • getting to Puerto Iguazu

Ciudad del Este Sep 16, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I am flying into AGT (Ciudad del Este) and yet staying at a hotel in Puerto Iguazu, Argentina. How do I get from one to the other?
      Will I need a Brazilian visa if I am traveling through, not stopping?

1 Answer Sep 16, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    • FIRST TIME VISITING CIUDAD DEL ESTE

Ciudad del Este Aug 11, 2010 at 8:46 AM

LOOKING FOR A NICE HOTEL (CLEAN AND NOT TOO BUSY) AS I AM GOING TO VISIT FAMILY
      AND AT THE SAME TIME TAKE THE OPORTUNITY TO KNOW THE AREA

• AlperIst's Profile Photo

Travel and accommodation costs in Paraguay

Paraguay Apr 29, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Hello,

I will travel one month this summer as I do it to 2-5 different countries every year. Paraguay is inside my South America plan.

Could you please write me some sample costs in Paraguay in USD please? Mostly in Concepcion and other towns like Asuncion in general.

A cheap meal in a cafe
      A good meal in a restaurant but not luxury one
      A local beer in a bar
      A local spirit in a bar or club
      A cheap but clean single room in a guesthouse or pension
      A small, central apt to rent
      Enterance to a museum
      A botle of water in market
      A bus or train drive for 6-7 hours

Thanks a lot :)

Alper

3 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 2:22 AM
    • eswepe's Profile Photo

Afternoon in Paraguay - Suggestions on What to Do?

Paraguay Apr 27, 2010 at 9:54 AM

My husband and I will be visiting Iguazu Falls in January. We would like to cross over into Paraguay for an afternoon - probably after visiting the Brazilian side of the falls. Does that give us enough time to do anything worth doing? If so, we'd love some suggestions. We're not really too interested in visiting Ciudad del Este - are there other options? Maybe a good place to see a little local culture? We thought about hiring a guide for the day to take us to Brazil and Paraguay, so if anyone knows of anyone they can recommend, that would be great too.

6 Answers Aug 12, 2010 at 9:34 AM
    • SIM Card

Paraguay Feb 6, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Are SIM cards available for purchase at the Asuncion Airport?

1 Answer Nov 28, 2012 at 5:13 AM
    • will I need jacket to travel to Asuncion in June?

Asunción Oct 4, 2009 at 10:08 PM

thank you, vry much

1 Answer Nov 28, 2012 at 5:16 AM
    • How to get to Pedro Juan caballero from Ciudad del este

Ciudad del Este Aug 20, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Hello, how do I get from Ciudad del este to Pedro Juan caballero? can you go by car? what is the distance in km?

thank you!!

pepete

3 Answers Nov 28, 2012 at 5:18 AM
    • loboviejo's Profile Photo

Visa for Paraguay

Paraguay Apr 13, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Oi gente,

I am planning a visit to Paraguay latter this summer, and would like suggestions on two issues...a visa, and a hotel in Asuncion. As a US citizen, can I get a visa for Paraguay at the border...or in Buenos Aires? How long does it take to get one from the consulate?

As for hotels, I would prefer a smaller one, in or near the center of town. Thanks for the help!

JAC

4 Answers Nov 28, 2012 at 5:19 AM
    • t_guy's Profile Photo

Paraguay Travel Guidebook?

Paraguay Mar 4, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I will be in Asuncion for a few days and would like to visit other areas of Paraguay. Are there any good travel guidebooks for Paraguay? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

1 Answer Apr 25, 2009 at 7:16 PM
    • Help with planning 2 week trip in northern argentina/paraguay

Paraguay Dec 24, 2008 at 12:45 AM

Hi, I am visiting family in Encarnacion in January and have never been to South America before. I would like to make this into a fun vacation. With plane travel time its actually less than 2 weeks. I have been reading tons of websites and other forums about things to see, but theres so much I want to make the most of my time.

I plan on definitely going to the Iguazu Falls, but thats as far as my planning has got me. I would really like to visit Patagonia, but I dont think ill have enough time.

Any ideas on how to make the most of my two weeks in south america by bus?

Thanks in advance :)

6 Answers Dec 24, 2008 at 4:43 PM
    • Concepcion, Paraguay to Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Paraguay Nov 25, 2008 at 7:38 AM

Has anyone ever done this trip and if so do you know how long it takes and an approximate cost?

Would it be better to fly from Asuncion to La Paz, I know the cost is pretty steep though. I've seen it around250USD per person one way.

Any information is greatly appreciated, thanks.

2 Answers Nov 28, 2012 at 5:20 AM
    • juliaavery's Profile Photo

Going to Bella Vista in Feb.

Paraguay Nov 11, 2008 at 11:40 PM

We are going to Bella Vista in Feb. I hope I have the correct town, I think I found one that is Bela Vista. The one we are going to is on the Paraguay river. Has anyone been there? What can I expect. It looks like a really small place. I read on another post that there are river boats on the Paraguay. Who knows about that? I will be there for one week. How safe is it for a single woman to travel on the busses? I would like to go to Auschon, too, depending on the safety of the busses. I will be traveling from Foz De Iguacu by car to Bella Vista.

Does anyone know about hiring guides there? I want to see more of the country than just this town. BTW, I'm going with my Grandma's cousin. She is going to visit her missionary friends so I'll have plenty of time do travel around, I'll just be alone.

Thanks.

3 Answers Dec 16, 2008 at 1:49 AM
    • Help! (Also posted in Bolivia)

Paraguay Oct 28, 2008 at 9:12 AM

I posted this question on another website with only some questions answered. I was hoping someone here (or in the Paraguay forum) could help me with the rest.

I need help with my itinerary for January 2009. This is what I have so far, all the information I have is from these forums. I am wondering if anyone is able to help me fill in the blanks? I've done lots of research on these forums but I am unable to find everything that I think I need.

Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls - 18 hours - 180AR - omnilineas.com/argentina/bus...
      Igazu Falls to Asuncion - 6 hours -10USD - www.nsa.com.py/Destinos.html
      Asuncion to Concepcion - 8 hours -20USD - www.senatur.gov.py
      Concepcion to Pedro Juan Caballero - 4 hours -11USD - website?
      Pedro Juan Caballero to Pantanal - How long? - Cost? - website?
      Pantanal to Santa Cruz - How long? - Cost? - website?
      Santa Cruz to Rurrenabaque - 20 hours - Cost? - website?
      Rurrenabaque to Lake Titicaca/Copacabana - How long? - Cost? - website?
      Lake Titicaca/Copacabana to La Paz - 4 hours - Cost? - website?
      La Paz to Cochabamba - 7 hours -4USD - website?
      Cochabamba to Sucre - 10 hours - 60 BS - website?
      Sucre to Potosi - 3 hours -17USD - website?
      Potosi to Salar de Uyuni - 7 hrs -5USD - website?
      Salar de Uyuni to Villizon - 9hrs - cost? - website? -- train
      Buenos Aires - 26hrs - Cost? - website?

Most of the time frames are for buses. I am open to taking trains as well.

I understand that I may have to take certain cities off the plan due to political instability. I would be very grateful for any information that people have for this. Also, any suggestions on how long to stay in each location (other than Buenos Aires).

Thank you!!!

4 Answers Oct 28, 2008 at 1:22 PM
    • Looking for advice for traveling to the Capital of Paraguay

Paraguay Sep 21, 2008 at 7:13 PM

Advise on good location for hotel, etc. We are looking at at home to buy that is about 1 hour away form the city.

Big question...are they "American friendly"? It is such a beautiful country and what I have read is that the people are just as beautiful!

Any information would be greatly appreciative. Thank-you!!

1 Answer Nov 28, 2012 at 5:24 AM