Travel Answers
Paraguay

change location
  • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Does Paraguay still have open borders with Argentina?

Paraguay Nov 8, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I know that Uruguay, Argentina, Chile and Paraguay all had open borders with eachother, like Schengen, and you could cross from Argentina to Paraguay with no border control. But now I am reading that you have to get your passport stamped, and Americans need a Visa to enter Paraguay. Did something change?

19 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 4:51 AM
  • Flooding in Asuncion

Paraguay Jul 7, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Hi, I will be traveling to Paraguay in a few weeks and wondered if someone who is in Asuncion (or has seen it recently) can give me some info about the flooding. I will be in the area around Loma San Jerónimo and wanted to take a boat to Chaco-I.

Is this still possible?

How is the rest of the country around San Bernardino and Villarrica?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

2 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM
  • Is it possible to travel by bus from Iguazu Falls (Argentinan side) to Encarnacion Paraguay?

Paraguay May 6, 2014 at 4:18 AM

if the answer is yes, please can you provide the bus companies that operate this journey?

thanks

2 Answers May 6, 2014 at 12:56 PM
  • Travel Requirements

Paraguay Apr 28, 2014 at 6:36 AM

I am a US citizen currently living in Brazil. Does anyone know if I am able to purchase my VISA at the border in order to travel to Paraguay? Also, is it a quick process or should I expect to stay there for a while? All of the information that I have found says that I can get it at the airport but I plan on taking a quick bus trip. Thanks for any help you can provide!

1 Answer Apr 28, 2014 at 9:12 AM
  • armaan62's Profile Photo

about invitation

Paraguay Mar 3, 2014 at 2:08 PM

i am from sauida arabia owner of rk gulf oil, i want to come paraguay but not on my arab passport on my indian passport my falimy wont give me permission to go paraguay so thats why i want to come on my indian passport so anybody can help me out for this for the invitation, my birth place was egypt but i have studied in geneva and i have 3 countries passports and i'd but from arab passports i cant go any where without the permission.....

11 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 3:57 PM
  • Enter to Brazil from Paraguay ?

Paraguay Feb 9, 2014 at 5:19 AM

I will enter to Brazil from Paraguay for one day or so will I need a visa ?
    Thank you guys !!

2 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 6:10 AM
  • massot's Profile Photo

´Three days in Asunción

Asunción Jan 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Please, some advice about transport from to Airport, hotel (medium price), and what to do!.
    Thanks dear VT travellers!
    Roma, Barcelona, Tarragona

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 11:15 AM
  • drive time

Paraguay Nov 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM

how long would it take to drive to Paraguay from orlando

5 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 4:48 AM
  • TravisS4's Profile Photo

taking car into Paraguay

Paraguay Oct 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I want to drive from Posadas, Argentina, across the river into Encarnacion, Paraguay, continuing on to the Jesuit ruins at Trinidad, Paraguay. What, if any, documents are required to take the car into Paraguay? Other than the usual road/driving issues, are there any border formalities on either side that would be a problem?

1 Answer Oct 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • Tour en Paraguay

Filadelfia Sep 12, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Private transportation from Asuncion to Filadelfia, Encarnacion and Foz do Iguazu

• cde to foz

Ciudad del Este Aug 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM

i am travelling after a volunteer trip in asuncion. we are flying and arriving in cde at 11:40. I need to find a way to get to the brazil side to the falls from the cde airport. Ideally I would like to explore cde alittle before crossing the bridge. I have read that I could take a bus that will bring me across. I have both a paraguay and brazil visa. I'm alittle confused with where I'm supposed to stop for immigration? at both ends or just the brazil side? I'm canadian. we are staying at the Hotel das Cataratas. any suggestions on best time to travel across the bridge? is it a good idea to shop in cde with all of our luggage? thank you, ming

1 Answer Aug 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • shopping

Paraguay May 17, 2013 at 6:09 AM

What are some items you shop for?

2 Answers May 17, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • Unique82's Profile Photo

Bus to Salta Argentina

Asunción Feb 6, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Hi!

Does any know if their is a bus from Asuncion to Salta Argentina?

3 Answers Feb 6, 2013 at 7:50 AM
  • FrankieW's Profile Photo

2 weeks in paraguay

Paraguay Dec 20, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Hi all

I'm planning a 2 week trip to Paraguay last week in January and 1st week in February. I'll be coming from and returning to Brazil, other than that I can go anywhere.

If anyone could provide some things I must do and things that I shouldn't I would appreciate it very much. For example is there any food that's great, or a football match or national park I should see.

thanks guys

Mark

5 Answers Feb 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

Comments on General Itinerary

Paraguay Mar 4, 2012 at 6:04 AM

I'm in the early stages of planning a ~7 day trip to Paraguay and want to set some priorities. Keeping in mind that I do 'not' want to add Iguazu to my itinerary (I've already been there from Argentina & Brazil), what recommendations do any of you have? I'm not looking for detailed specifics, but rather comments to the general itinerary:

a) 2 days Asuncion
    b) 2 days circuit - Itá, Yaguarón, Piribebuy, Caacupé, Itauguá, Luque
    c) is it worth visiting Encarnacion/Posadas (Argentina) for a day (?)
    d) is Filadelfia worth visiting (?)
    e) 1 day in Villarrica (?)
    f) 2 days driving through north Chaco area (?)
    g) Recommended national parks, etc. along the way

I'm assuming I would need my own transportation to make this happen unless you tell me public transit sufficient even in these small/remote places.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers May 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM
  • Asuncion nightlife

Asunción Jan 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Hi all,

Short notice I know but no harm asking.

I'd like to step out tonight and soak up a little nightlife. My days of booming dance music clubs were fun but they are firmly in the past. Any suggestions on bars where there´s a more mature crowd? My usual thing is to see if I can find a bar where there´s some live music on (covers rather than the leading edge of contemporary new stuff) so something like that would be interesting although I am open to other ideas.

Short notice as I said but what the heck.

Cheers.

• Ge

Asunción Jan 27, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Hi all,

I posted this in the forum for Foz. If anyone is able to advise on this question, it would superb if you could add any advice there that you have.

VT Forum temporarily unavailable

Any help is welco,e.

2 Answers Jan 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • Encarnacion

Asunción Nov 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I am visiting friends in Encarnacion- I need to go from Asuncion to Encarnacion- what is the best way to go to encarnacion? I arrive on December 24 is transporation flexible? how much will it cost me?
    Thanks
    Amy

2 Answers Nov 21, 2011 at 3:37 AM
  • Drinking Age in Paraguay

Paraguay Jun 26, 2011 at 4:25 PM

So I recently read that the drinking age in Paraguay is 20. I'm 18, so that really killed some of the excitement of going there; I assumed it was 18. So my question is:

Do they enforce the drinking age down there? (like IDing people when they go to buy alcohol.)

Thanks

5 Answers Nov 28, 2012 at 5:06 AM
  • RE: names & WEBSITES of bus companys operating Ciudad del este to Sao Paulo

Paraguay Oct 27, 2010 at 5:46 AM

I urgently require confirmation of the names and websites of Bus Companies operating the above route. Thank u.

3 Answers Nov 28, 2012 at 5:08 AM
  • getting to Puerto Iguazu

Ciudad del Este Sep 16, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I am flying into AGT (Ciudad del Este) and yet staying at a hotel in Puerto Iguazu, Argentina. How do I get from one to the other?
    Will I need a Brazilian visa if I am traveling through, not stopping?

1 Answer Sep 16, 2010 at 6:11 PM
  • FIRST TIME VISITING CIUDAD DEL ESTE

Ciudad del Este Aug 11, 2010 at 8:46 AM

LOOKING FOR A NICE HOTEL (CLEAN AND NOT TOO BUSY) AS I AM GOING TO VISIT FAMILY
    AND AT THE SAME TIME TAKE THE OPORTUNITY TO KNOW THE AREA

• AlperIst's Profile Photo

Travel and accommodation costs in Paraguay

Paraguay Apr 29, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Hello,

I will travel one month this summer as I do it to 2-5 different countries every year. Paraguay is inside my South America plan.

Could you please write me some sample costs in Paraguay in USD please? Mostly in Concepcion and other towns like Asuncion in general.

A cheap meal in a cafe
    A good meal in a restaurant but not luxury one
    A local beer in a bar
    A local spirit in a bar or club
    A cheap but clean single room in a guesthouse or pension
    A small, central apt to rent
    Enterance to a museum
    A botle of water in market
    A bus or train drive for 6-7 hours

Thanks a lot :)

Alper

3 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 2:22 AM
  • eswepe's Profile Photo

Afternoon in Paraguay - Suggestions on What to Do?

Paraguay Apr 27, 2010 at 9:54 AM

My husband and I will be visiting Iguazu Falls in January. We would like to cross over into Paraguay for an afternoon - probably after visiting the Brazilian side of the falls. Does that give us enough time to do anything worth doing? If so, we'd love some suggestions. We're not really too interested in visiting Ciudad del Este - are there other options? Maybe a good place to see a little local culture? We thought about hiring a guide for the day to take us to Brazil and Paraguay, so if anyone knows of anyone they can recommend, that would be great too.

6 Answers Aug 12, 2010 at 9:34 AM
  • SIM Card

Paraguay Feb 6, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Are SIM cards available for purchase at the Asuncion Airport?

1 Answer Nov 28, 2012 at 5:13 AM
  • will I need jacket to travel to Asuncion in June?

Asunción Oct 4, 2009 at 10:08 PM

thank you, vry much

1 Answer Nov 28, 2012 at 5:16 AM
  • How to get to Pedro Juan caballero from Ciudad del este

Ciudad del Este Aug 20, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Hello, how do I get from Ciudad del este to Pedro Juan caballero? can you go by car? what is the distance in km?

thank you!!

pepete

3 Answers Nov 28, 2012 at 5:18 AM
  • loboviejo's Profile Photo

Visa for Paraguay

Paraguay Apr 13, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Oi gente,

I am planning a visit to Paraguay latter this summer, and would like suggestions on two issues...a visa, and a hotel in Asuncion. As a US citizen, can I get a visa for Paraguay at the border...or in Buenos Aires? How long does it take to get one from the consulate?

As for hotels, I would prefer a smaller one, in or near the center of town. Thanks for the help!

JAC

4 Answers Nov 28, 2012 at 5:19 AM
  • t_guy's Profile Photo

Paraguay Travel Guidebook?

Paraguay Mar 4, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I will be in Asuncion for a few days and would like to visit other areas of Paraguay. Are there any good travel guidebooks for Paraguay? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

1 Answer Apr 25, 2009 at 7:16 PM
  • Help with planning 2 week trip in northern argentina/paraguay

Paraguay Dec 24, 2008 at 12:45 AM

Hi, I am visiting family in Encarnacion in January and have never been to South America before. I would like to make this into a fun vacation. With plane travel time its actually less than 2 weeks. I have been reading tons of websites and other forums about things to see, but theres so much I want to make the most of my time.

I plan on definitely going to the Iguazu Falls, but thats as far as my planning has got me. I would really like to visit Patagonia, but I dont think ill have enough time.

Any ideas on how to make the most of my two weeks in south america by bus?

Thanks in advance :)

6 Answers Dec 24, 2008 at 4:43 PM