Paradise Island Travel Answers

change location

rainy season on paradise island

by Xenawantsapony Online Now Apr 21, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I am thinking about a trip to Paradise Island in the Bahamas in June. I know this is prime rainy season. I also know we cannot predict the weather. What I would like to know is if generally the rain comes for a short time during the day followed by the sun, or if when it rains, does it rain cats and dogs all day long? If anyone knows from experience, I'd love to find out so I can decide whether to take a chance on booking or not.
Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • crazygal59's Profile Photo

Re: rainy season on paradise island

by crazygal59 Online Now Apr 21, 2011 at 6:43 PM

We have been to the Bahamas a lot during all times of the year. During June, July and August we have found it to be very hot and extremely humid. Most times we find it might rain torrentialy for 10 minutes and then stop, sun comes out and it's very steamy. However the weather is an impossible thing to predict. You can have days where it will rain the whole morning or afternoon and then be sunny. I think you just have to go with the flow so to speak. We just came back this week and it was 33c, but we had an incredible downpour for about 15 minutes when we arrived at the airport, and then rain during the night. Who knows, it's the tropics. LOL Book anyway and have fun.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: rainy season on paradise island

by Xenawantsapony Online Now Apr 22, 2011 at 3:34 AM

Thanks crazygal, you've been helpful.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines