Paradise Island Travel Answers

change location

cell phones & internet

by garyharry Online Now Jul 27, 2006 at 6:24 PM

The only way I can go on a family vacation to Atlantis is if I'll be able to send and recieve email and use my (or a rented) cell phone. I know it's not the point of going, but it's the only to be sure I'll have a business when I get home. Does anyone have any first hand experience? Any tips?
Thank you.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • crazygal59's Profile Photo

RE: cell phones & internet

by crazygal59 Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 10:25 AM

If you have never used your cellphone for overseas calls before, check with your cellphone company before you go to make sure you can make and receive calls from Nassau. My husband had used his phone to call stateside from Canada with no problems but could not call from Nassau to Canada without making special arrangements with his provider before he left. Atlantis has computor use in their library for free for one hour.....BUT emails we sent from there were never received by family back home. I have no idea why. We have since purchased a laptop which we can use in the lobby hotspots without any problems. For my husband it was well worth the money spent as he to needed to be in touch back home for his business.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines