Papua New Guinea

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Must see and tribal people

Papua New Guinea Jun 30, 2014 at 1:42 PM

In October, my friend and I, travel for four weeks in Papua New Guinea. We will in this regard, see what you think is at MUST SEE/DO.

We are interested in nature, animals, sports, hiking, diving / snokling, culture and beach.

Because we have no interest in the Australian history, we choose not to take on the Kokoda trip.

We'd love to go out and visit some original tribal people (also mudmen). Do you have suggestions for where it could be? And which company we should book at?

We also want to go out to the islands of New Ireland and New Britain. Would it be more advisable to select only one of the islands, in the case of the islands shall we choose?

more
    • Sport in PNG

Papua New Guinea Jun 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Is it possible to watch a rugby or cricket match in October? Can you help with a website where I can watch a game plan?
      Thanks, Rosa

more

Popular Papua New Guinea Travel Answer Locations

• Must see and tribal people

Papua New Guinea Jun 30, 2014 at 1:42 PM

In October, my friend and I, travel for four weeks in Papua New Guinea. We will in this regard, see what you think is at MUST SEE/DO.

We are interested in nature, animals, sports, hiking, diving / snokling, culture and beach.

Because we have no interest in the Australian history, we choose not to take on the Kokoda trip.

We'd love to go out and visit some original tribal people (also mudmen). Do you have suggestions for where it could be? And which company we should book at?

We also want to go out to the islands of New Ireland and New Britain. Would it be more advisable to select only one of the islands, in the case of the islands shall we choose?

• Sport in PNG

Papua New Guinea Jun 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Is it possible to watch a rugby or cricket match in October? Can you help with a website where I can watch a game plan?
      Thanks, Rosa

• Fishing in PNG

Papua New Guinea Apr 23, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Hey guys,

Was just wondering if anyone knows of a company who can take a group of people fishing in Port of Moresby, PNG that doesn't charge $950?

Thanks heaps,
      James

• Good private guide?

Papua New Guinea Mar 7, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Dear VT Members,
      I'm planning a trip to PNG in a few weeks for a photo documentary and I'm looking for a private local guide who could show me around the tribes. Would you have any recommendation?
      Thank you very much,
      Julian

• Weather in May in Milne Bay

Milne Bay Province Feb 14, 2014 at 10:31 PM

What is the weather like in May? Is there lots of rain? Is there enough sunshine to enjoy swimming and snorkeling?

1 Answer May 9, 2014 at 9:09 PM
    • Traveling from Indonesia to Papua New Guinea

Papua New Guinea Oct 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Can you travel from Indonesia to Papua New Guinea? I can't see why you wouldn't be able to but after searching google I can't find any information on a Papua New Guinea embassy in Indonesia?
      Can any one fill me in?

Thanks

3 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    • Travelling to Uk

Papua New Guinea Sep 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM

How much will it take one to travel to England.

3 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 5:37 AM
    • travel to Mt Wilhelm

Chimbu Province Sep 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM

How is the road from Kundiawa to Keglsugl?

Must I have a 4 wheel drive vehicle?
      I want to travel about Xmas, with my family.
      Is there really any danger to Australian tourists driving up there?
      Should I hire a local to accompany me?

2 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM
    • danmarcuus's Profile Photo

Mount Giluwe

Papua New Guinea Sep 17, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Hello
      Me and my 16 years old daughter will go to PNG for an attempt of Mont Gilluwe.
      We plan on going to Mount Hagen, take a PMV to Kiripia and then try to find a local guide over there
      We would welcome any suggestions or warnings on the matter. Or may be some contacts
      Thank you

2 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    • Embassy for visas in London

Papua New Guinea Sep 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Hi, I am having trouble locating their consulate or embassy in London.

I am hoping to sort visas for my trip to PNG before I leave London (I'm a British citizen)

Please advise. Thank you.

4 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 2:31 AM
    • Travelshoe's Profile Photo

Mudman Mask

Port Moresby Aug 9, 2013 at 4:20 AM

Hi,
      I am in POM till Monday, and went to the The Gold Club last night, not bad! good music.
      Staying at the Grand Papua, and looking at some market to visit.
      I would like to purchase a mudman mask and take it back home, can anyone advise if the PNG Arts carry this mask?
      Or where can i get them, and how much would i be paying for one? Also i notice there are drums being sold on the street with Snake skin, how much would one pay for these?
      Thanks in advance

• DIPLOMATIC PASSPORTS IN BOUGAINVILLE ISLAND

Bougainville Island Jul 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

DOES THE GOVERNMENT OF BOUGAINVILLE ISLAND HAVE INTERNATIONAL AUTHORITY TO ISSUE DIPLOMATIC PASSPORTS TO USE AS A TRAVEL DOCUMENT FOR IT'S DIPLOMATS AND IS THIS DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT REQUIRED TO BE RECOGNIZED AND ACCEPTED BY ALL UNITED NATIONS COUNTRIES UPON ARRIVAL TO OTHER COUNTRIES?

5 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM
    • jirikoo's Profile Photo

Papua to Solomon is. by boat? + malaria precautions

Papua New Guinea Jul 14, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Hi guys,

1) I am sorry for repeating this question once again as I did about one year ago. I am wondering if here is anyone with fresh experience:

I am still thinking about visiting Solomon Islands from Papua New Guinea. I am considering an alternative way of how to get to your country - traveling by boat / cargo freighter etc. I hear there is a boat link between southern Bougainville in Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands (Shortlands). Do you think it is doable? It would be of great convenience since im planning to visit this island group anyway.

So, is there any chance to make it from Papua New Guinea to Solomon Islands by the sea? If so, what immigration procedures on your side would be in such a case?

2) I know, I know I should refer to official recommendation given by doctors or to health information websites, but i would like to know your practice and opinion. Do you take any chemoprophylaxes when in PNG and Solomon Islands? If so, are these drugs readily available for purchase in Port Moresby? The thing is drug stores in my country have commonly very poor selection of these medications...

Thank you for your reaction and information in advance...

jirikoo

• Bougainville to Sydney

Papua New Guinea Oct 27, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Hi there,

I'm basically looking for the cheapest way to get from Bougainville to Sydney, by plane, ferry, bus (once I'm in Australia obviously!) whatever. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sam

2 Answers Oct 29, 2012 at 4:36 AM
    • budget accomodation in Port Moersby

Papua New Guinea Sep 24, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Hello there.

Im a bduget traveler whos got a few free days to goto Port Moresby. I was just wondering if anyone knows any hotel/hostel for budget travelers. Something between 20-70 as i got no chance of ever paying more than100 a night in a place likr Port Moresby and all the google searchs are pointing to places100+

1 Answer Sep 26, 2012 at 12:01 AM
    • Almonds's Profile Photo

Swimming

Papua New Guinea Sep 10, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Hi everyone,
      Is it safe to go swimming in the sea at Madang in regard to both sharks etc as well as bacterias?

5 Answers Sep 14, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    • travel4u's Profile Photo

help for a nice bb or budget hotel for 4 nights

Papua New Guinea Jun 19, 2012 at 8:43 AM

hello everyone!!

Will be travelling to Port Moresby for 4 nights this coming October and would like to get any recommemdations for a good and affordable accommodations. I trust all my virtual friends as your recommendations always are right!!!!yehey
      Cheers!!!
      Also, perhaps any suggestions what to see and expect!!

1 Answer Jun 20, 2012 at 3:07 AM
    • Looking for Mt Wilhelm Trek partner(s)

Papua New Guinea May 7, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Single female traveller looking to do the Mt Wilhelm trek after the Goroka Sing-Sing in September, but a solo trek is very expensive. Looking for someone to join to keep costs down. The dates for the trek would be 17 – 20 September 2012 departing from Goroka on Monday 17th, returning to Goroka on the 20th. Flying to Port Moresby on the 20th late afternoon to continue trip. Trip costs for two are 3240 PGK or 1530 USD, for three sharing 3000 PGK or 1416 USD. Costs include full-board accommodation (1 night lodge, 1 night base camp, 1 night lodge, vehicle fees, park fees, porter and guide) Contact cb@bestofpng.com for more information

3 Answers May 8, 2012 at 11:56 AM
    • Enquire any chinese tour guide to assist the china chinese tourist

Port Moresby Apr 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Enquire any chinese tour guide in PNG Port Moresby to assist the china chinese tourist

• Current living conditions

Omaura Mar 18, 2012 at 4:07 PM

What is the state of living in Omaura

• Sight Seeing

Manus Province Sep 20, 2011 at 11:14 PM

What are some of the tourism atrractions,any clubs,acomodation,ammenities, law and order and transport system used?

1 Answer Feb 24, 2012 at 4:59 PM
    • Best kept secret (foodwise!) in PNG?

Papua New Guinea Apr 27, 2011 at 5:28 PM

HI THERE, I'M ON THE HUNT FOR THE BEST RESTAURANT (NOT PART OF A HOTEL) IN PNG. IDEALLY IT'S HARD TO GET TO, A REAL SURPRISE FIND, SERVING THE TYPE OF 5 STAR FOOD YOU'D EXPECT IN ANY CAPITAL CITY AROUND THE WORLD. MAYBE STAFFED BY A EUROPEAN CHEF WHO'S GONE BUSH? ANY SUGGESTIONS?

5 Answers Feb 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    • Distance between Port Moresby and Gona

Port Moresby Oct 16, 2010 at 2:20 AM

Would anyone know the distance, overland, between Gona and Port Moresby? I wish to walk this route. I understand it is very challenging.

• booming's Profile Photo

Renting in PNG

Papua New Guinea Sep 9, 2010 at 8:39 AM

i am going to PNG in three weeks time from today with my school-mates, we checked on the hotels and found out that they are espensive, now we decided to look out for renting a place for two weeks we are going to spend there.

Please do any one know how much renting cost there, and if there is small apartment to rent there

Need urgent answer from any one
      thank you

1 Answer Sep 9, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    • Diving

Papua New Guinea Aug 3, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Hi everyone,

Can you please tell me how much does 1 dive cost on average in PNG?(is it more around 30US$, 50$ or around 70$?)

And do you know if there is a better time than any other to go to PNG for diving? for example to see whalesharks and stuff...

I m planning to go in february, March and April, good time to go???

Thanks in advance,

Ben

• social or environmental work in PNG

Papua New Guinea Jul 22, 2010 at 2:12 AM

Hi, I'm gonna travel for three months in PNG in february , march and april 2011 with 2 mates and we would love to mix the trip with some social or environmental work. (ex. orphanage, english lessons, animalcare, coralcare...)
      Have you ever heard about any project we could take part in?

Thanks in advance

Ben

• Day tour in Port Moresby

Port Moresby May 4, 2010 at 12:02 AM

I will be in Port Moresby for short break and thinking of day tours which include short cruise as well. Can anyone help me??

Thanks in advance

3 Answers May 4, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?

Papua New Guinea Apr 10, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Hi there!
      The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
      Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
      iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
      My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
      I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
      Many thanks guys
      Nik

5 Answers Apr 27, 2010 at 8:46 PM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Wallet - friendly flight combinations for South Pacific islands?

Papua New Guinea Apr 7, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Hi there!
      I'm researching for flights ex SE Asia (else ex AUS/ NZ) in low budget terms, for a trip to south pacific islands, including, preferably PNG, perhaps Fiji etc.
      The inter-island connections seem far too complicated and expensive.
      I have not decided where exactly to go, but since this will be my fist trip to the area, it seems that itinerary should depend greatly on feasibility and cost, instead of hitting my head to the wall, trying to get to certain places.
      My ideal (and flexible) plan would be to visit say 3 islands/ countries in about 3 weeks.
      Obviously this time frame won't be enough for an in-depth exploration, but I really like to see diffrent places instead of going around or relaxing in one.
      I guess that the islands can offer both natural scenery and a glimpse to local people life in each own distinctive way.
      I'm definately not looking to just lie on the beach.
      Any ideas, experiences, costs for a wallet- friendly flight combo, would be very very helpfull!
      Many thanks guys for your time and expertise,
      hoping it will be a long but beautiful way over there
      Nik

6 Answers Apr 10, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    • boat

Papua New Guinea Jan 15, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Is it possible to get a boat from papua new guinea to australia?

5 Answers Jan 16, 2010 at 6:08 AM