Papua New Guinea Travel Answers

change location
travel4u's Profile Photo

help for a nice bb or budget hotel for 4 nights

by travel4u Online Now Jun 19, 2012 at 8:43 AM

hello everyone!!

Will be travelling to Port Moresby for 4 nights this coming October and would like to get any recommemdations for a good and affordable accommodations. I trust all my virtual friends as your recommendations always are right!!!!yehey
Cheers!!!
Also, perhaps any suggestions what to see and expect!!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • 1+1's Profile Photo

Re: help for a nice bb or budget hotel for 4 nights

by 1+1 Online Now Jun 20, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Port Moresby is a bit of a different place. Security is a major concern. The main hotels are fenced and gated, and have security guards. So they're fairly expensive. Because I was on a pre-arranged trip I didn't need to do any picking out of accommodation. There is a Lonely Planet guide for Papua New Guinea and you'd probably find some reasonable cheaper accomodation listed there. The latest edition is the best as the older version left a lot to be desired.

About getting around the place, security can be a problem. If you don't know the area it would be easy to stray into unsafe localities. The dangers are real. The place is quite spread out so a vehicle is best for getting around. And then, the best would be a taxi as the driver has very good local knowledge.

What's worth a visit there is the parliament house. Also the botanic gardens which are also a zoo. There's a cultural museum. But otherwise more of the attractions are outside of Moresby and require a bit of travel.

So, not a lot of information but hopefully some others might suggest some more. Personally, while I found what I saw in Moresby quite interesting, there's other parts of PNG I'd rather visit. Most people tend to use Moresby as a place to pass through on the way elsewhere. But hope you have a great time there, it's certainly worth the visit.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Papua New Guinea Travel Answer Locations