Paphos Travel Answers

change location

going to paphos for 2 weeks, 22nd september

by daly89 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 4:06 AM

just wanted to get an idea of how busy it will be as we are getting married over there. Staying in the fishing village of the Holiday Village Aliathon. any help appreciated :)

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Re: going to paphos for 2 weeks, 22nd september

by taurean_traveller Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Cyprus is really busy until 2/3 rd week of October.We were there 1st week Oct,it was very warm and many tourists there. Even in winter months Cyprus is popular due to it's pleasant climate

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • greekcypriot's Profile Photo

by greekcypriot Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM

The hotel you have chosen to stay at, favours with couples especially those who want to get married out there. Last year more than 200 couples celebrated their wedding ceremonies I have read. The setting among its gardens and grounds is tranquil and I am sure you will have an unforgettable ceremony one to be cherrished. The village kind of resort is situated in Kato Paphos only 15 min from the Airport but why should you care that much if there will be busy out there? September is still a peak season but the hotel seems huge and beautiful. I had a look on the photos from the rooms of the hotel and noticed that there are single beds only. Be sure to ask for double before you get there!!! Usually September is a busy month but the worst is August so I guess it will be fine. The best of all is that the hotel is in Yeroskipou, and not very far from the city centre.

1 member found this helpful

• tango_jd's Profile Photo

by tango_jd Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 8:52 AM

You sound like you will be outside the schools holidays so should avoid the noise and bussle associated with having lots of kids around. The weather should be perfect too. According to the maps it's about 3km from the harbour and a little less to "Bar Street" where all the bars and clubs are., so unless the immediate area is particularly busy you should be OK. We loved Paphos when we were there a few years back although we were closer to the harbour area then. Sounds like your hotel complex is big-enough for there to be plenty of things to-do there though if you don't fancy the walk. The taxis are all meant to be fixed-price in the town though so that is another option.

1 member found this helpful

• Re: going to paphos for 2 weeks, 22nd september

by daly89 Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM

We have booked a junior suite since we have our daughter traveling with us, which consists of a king bed and a kids themed room so we made sure to know exactly what we are going to get and the fishing village also looks much nicer so didnt mind paying the extra. And i care because it is our wedding, and we are not getting married in the hotel but in paphos town hall.

• tango_jd's Profile Photo

by tango_jd Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Have fun - and have a wonderful wedding! You will enjoy it I am sure.

• Re: going to paphos for 2 weeks, 22nd september

by Simone35 Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Most of the Hotels in Paphos will be quite busy still in September but for sure it will be better that July and August. The fact though that Paphos is still busy will not affect your marriage!My friend got married last year in Paphos she didn't have any problem!Plus your daughter will have an amazing time at that Aliathon as it is full of kids facilities and activities and she will make a lot of friends. I am sure you all going to have a fantastic stay and you have chosen a really nice hotel!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines