Papeete

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• car rental in Papette downtown

by rustyvermont Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM

does anyone know if there are car rentals near the pier?

• Papeete Full Day Tour

by cl3150 Online Now Dec 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM

We will be in Papeete for a full day on an Oceania Cruise in mid-January and are looking for a quality service to provide a full day tour of the area. We had originally booked through Viator which uses Tahiti-Nui Travel. Unfortunately, they subsequently canceled our tour saying their group capacity was full. We also have heard that one of the cruiselines uses them and limits the number of cruise passengers the agency can book directly as a condition of using their services. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Carl

1 Answer Dec 12, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    • Half day tour of Papeete

by ghanksma Online Now Jun 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Anyone know of a half day tour in Papeete? I've been on the circle island tour and the inland valleys tour which were arranged by the cruise ship and hotel. Now, one of our group has never been there and he is looking for a half day tour to see the best of both. Can anyone recommend a tour operator?

1 Answer Jun 6, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    • arriving at papeete via cruise ship- need atm and transport to moorea

by mheidt Online Now Jan 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM

We are in Papeete via cruise ship. Is there a bank ATM near the cruise ship dock? Which one and where is it? Also how would we easily get to Moorea to the Hilton hotel from Papeete. Is the ferry the easiest? Could you point me to a site that would give times and costs? Are there taxis waiting at the ferry dock in Moorea to get to the Hilton? I am mostly concerned about getting the local currency that I would need for ferry and taxi- the exchange rate in the US stinks to get it before leaving, so I hoped to get it easily when we get off the ship. Thanks in advance for the input

1 Answer Jan 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Does Papeete Airport have a reliable ATM

by lovinoz Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 7:09 AM

I know this sounds like a silly question, but we will be arriving at the airport at 11:45pm and will need to pay cash for our hotel across the street from the airport.

I want to be sure we can count on the ATM at the international airport working ... otherwise should we get some pacific francs (XPF) currency before we leave Australia (at a higher exchange rate)?

If you have been to Raiatea and Bora Bora, could you please also comment on whether they have convenient and reliable ATMs?

Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 30, 2011 at 9:12 PM
    • Looking for taaroa raa short

by jlennon1945 Online Now Jun 6, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Hello,

I was in Papette on Jan 26, 2011 and I purchased a fantastic pair of shorts for my grandson which had a brand name of taaroa raa Tahitian legend. He loved them but they were too small. I can't remember the name of the shop that I purchased them at. Does anyone know if there is a webpage that sells these shorts or the name of a store that carries them. I am an American who doesn't want to return what I purchased just desperately wants to get the correct size for the kid.

I would appreciate any help.

4 Answers Jun 7, 2011 at 3:40 PM
    • tathraman's Profile Photo

Papeete lunch

by tathraman Online Now Aug 13, 2010 at 10:39 AM

A rich friend wants to take us for a slap-up lunch in Papeete - wonderful food, ocean or beachside views - the full works. All suggestions will be most gratefully received!
      Thanks
      David

4 Answers Aug 14, 2010 at 9:00 AM
    • Airport sleepover

by flyingkiwis Online Now Jun 5, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Unfortunately we only have a few hours in Papeete in the middle of the night in August - arriving 11.20pm and leaving again 7am - wondered if anyone could please recommend some accommodation close and readily accessible to the airport to try to catch up on a few hours sleep before flying out again. Would prefer budget, but avoiding sleep deprived crankiness may be worth paying more if need be.
      Your help much appreciated
      The Flying Kiwis

3 Answers Jun 5, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    • Where to go shopping for 2 hours in Papette

by RBorbon Online Now Mar 11, 2010 at 3:03 PM

We will be in Papette next Saturday and will love to shop around. We only have 2-3 hours and are interested in local crafts.
      Which are the best places to do so?
      Please advice
      Rafael

2 Answers Mar 14, 2010 at 4:53 PM
    • Looking for transport 2010 Solar Eclipse

by Annsteenbergen Online Now Oct 22, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Hello, I will be in Tahiti in July of 2010. I hope to find a boat or tour that will be taking people to a location where we can witness the solar eclipse. I don't know anyone and am having difficulty finding a one day cruise or flight somewhere. Is there anyone who has a suggestion for me?

9 Answers May 31, 2010 at 1:53 AM
    • on line Shoping

by robertoldham Online Now Apr 6, 2009 at 11:48 AM

are there any stores in papatee that sell mens shirts on line? I purchased a white on white shert at the market last year and I would like to order a few more.

• Top of the Mountain Restaurant

by Kahuna315 Online Now Jan 20, 2008 at 2:59 PM

need to know the name, telephone # of the wonderful restaurant which is way up on the top of the mountain....you can see Moorea from it........thanks

1 Answer Nov 16, 2008 at 9:53 AM
    • please help - emigration to french polynesia

by Turbojugend Online Now Nov 23, 2005 at 8:31 PM

hi and hello.
      i want and will leave my current country for many reasons and i want to live in french polynesia, i.e. tahiti.
      i am most serious about this as this is very important to me and it will change my future greatly.

can anyone give me any advice, or help me concerning this subject?

i will gratefully work anywhere and learn anything needed. i'll be 26 soon.
      i don't want to see paradise on tv, i want to live in it. and i want to work.
      i speak french better than worse and i learn languages very quickly.

if anyone can help me my future will be less difficult.

thank you

for suggestions and help please contact me under shushu@email.com

1 Answer May 27, 2006 at 9:33 AM
    • Airport and Cruise ship transfers.

by spep Online Now Apr 16, 2005 at 10:29 AM

I have pre and post cruise loding in downtown Papeete. Will need transfers from Airport to hotel - hotel to cruise ship - cruise ship to hotel - hotel to airport.
      Some of the price quotes received for transfers are ridiculous. What are efficient economical ways to get from airport to downtown papeete and back, and also downtown papeete to princess cruise ship dock.

1 Answer Apr 6, 2006 at 4:03 AM
    • Boomer69's Profile Photo

Layover in Papeete

by Boomer69 Online Now Jan 23, 2004 at 4:47 AM

Hey All.... En route to NZ for 6 months and have the option to lay over in Tahiti for several days... I've been bouncing around the web looking at various activities and places to stay - but since I am traveling solo - would like to find what little "nightlife" and action there is to be had... Seems from all I've read, that Papeete is the only place to be (I mean, I will dive and island hop) but for a few days would like to explore the nightlife... Any suggestions as to a good resort to stay at? Places to go at night? Singles? I realize this is "Honeymoon Central" - so please excuse if my request is "out there" - but there's gotta be some other folks "passing thru" as well... Thanks for any feedback or help! Brent

1 Answer May 27, 2008 at 9:33 AM