Panyu Travel Answers

change location

Guangdong Uni of Tech

by hien_tang Online Now Oct 24, 2006 at 9:47 PM

hi, i'm going to be studying in the Dongfeng Dong Campus of this uni which is located at no.729 Dongfeng Dong road. Can anyone tell me where it would be? as i was told its in panyu, however i am not 100% sure if its there or in guangzhou (i'm still confused about how they name the districts and as such). also would anyone know the best way to get there from guangzhou east train station or even hk?

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • ellyse's Profile Photo

RE: Guangdong Uni of Tech

by ellyse Online Now Oct 25, 2006 at 3:59 AM

That's one of the main roads in the older part of Guangzhou (west side). Take the metro from Guangzhou East train station, think you'll need to change lines. What's the nearest cross-street?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Guangdong Uni of Tech

by hien_tang Online Now Oct 27, 2006 at 5:58 PM

Oh really, so its in Guangzhou, i guess thats even more convenient then. And the university is called Guangdong University of Technology (according to its website).

Thanks for your help!

by hien_tang Online Now Oct 27, 2006 at 6:01 PM

Hi, so i'm assuming that the train from hk to guangzhou will stop in the Guangzhou East train station? so then, it would either be taking the taxi or metro over to the uni. However i'm not really sure whats the nearest cross-street, but the number of the place is 729, Dong Feng Dong Road!

Thanks!

• ellyse's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Guangdong Uni of Tech

by ellyse Online Now Oct 28, 2006 at 11:09 PM

Found it on the map, it's called Guangdong Gongye Daxue (广州工业大学) in Chinese. Take the metro from Guangzhou East train station (yes, trains from Hong Kong stop there, not at the Guangzhou main train station) and alight at the station called Dong Shan Kou (东山口), it should be the 4th stop from the Guangzhou East train station (which's the terminus of this particular metro line, so you won't be going in the wrong direction). From there, take a taxi.

by hien_tang Online Now Oct 28, 2006 at 11:38 PM

Thanks so much (again) Ellyse!!!

btw, now that you mention it, could you tell me if it would b easy to find road maps (possibly with english names) of guangzhou city (paticularly a map which shows the university and its surrounding areas) when i get there or even online?

• ellyse's Profile Photo

by ellyse Online Now Oct 29, 2006 at 1:22 AM

Should be possible to find maps of Guangzhou when you get there. Hey, what beats just wandering around the neighbourhood to get your bearings when you arrive? :) Don't do it on your own after dark though, Guangzhou's security can be sketchy at times.

by hien_tang Online Now Oct 29, 2006 at 5:09 PM

Hey Ellyse

Thanks again for your help!!! I guess wanderin around the area is good too, to get to know the place and see what i can do around it (something maps cant help you on) hmm...security might b a problem at night....i dont think i'll do that [unless if i can get others to accompany me!:)]

but thanks once again for ur advice!

• ellyse's Profile Photo

by ellyse Online Now Oct 30, 2006 at 12:46 AM

No problem, glad to help. :) The 1st time I went to Guangzhou I stayed at a girl friend's house, her mom wouldn't let any of us out anytime after dark. Guess she knew best.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines