I am travelling from El Nido to Coron by outrigger boat. When I arrive in Coron, I have to get from the pier to my hotel, Al Faro Hotel, located in D'Pearl Bay area, which is about 50 minute drive from Coron town. Since I am not arriving in Coron at an exact time, I can't make arrangements for the hotel van to pick me up. Does anyone know if there are cars or vans for hire in the pier area that I can hire on the spot and will take me to that area ?
Just looking for some information regarding outdoor showers, swimming pools, and Jacuzzis...
Are there relatively strong outdoor, fresh water showers available in the Station 1 - 3 areas? Is there a charge? If so, what is the cost in pesos? How many showers are there available?
Is it possible to access pools and / or Jacuzzis in the Station 1 - 3 areas?
Thank you :)
Me and my boyfriend are traveling to Malapascua on August and we are wondering what kind of weather we are expect during this moth...I hope the rainy season having started yet this month..anyone knows the weather on August?
Thanks in advace
I'm planning to go to Anilao Batangas next month and my plan is to experience diving. However, I'm quite confused with the diving rules. Can I experience diving to those nice diving spot in Anilao even if I'm not a certified diver or do I need to take diving course/certificate first before I'll be allowed to dive? I have no plan to make diving a career in my life, I just want to experience it. I only want it as a one in a lifetime experience.
So to get to Boracay, I will have to spend a night or two in Manila. Sounds exciting. I am, however, very uninformed about the area.
Please answer the following questions, if possible and knowledgeable:
1. I will be flying from Hawaii to Manila. Long-ish flight. Is there a hotel by the airport that is close to the nightlife?
2. I would like to avoid "girly bars" / prostitutes / ______ / pay for ______. Is this possible?
3. Only staying 1 - 3 nights. Not looking for wholesome entertainment, but perhaps, a good bar with cheap beer and nice people to talk to.
4. Any "main drag" like Bangkok's Sukhumvit? If so, what is the name and proximity to the airport?
5. Any good, budget hotels in this area? Maybe $30 - 60 USD per nite?
Thank you in advance for your responses.
I am a white American. I have read that the most dangerous part of landing in Manila is negotiating a taxi cab to my hotel. I am well-traveled, but what is the likelihood of robbery if arriving late at night. Mind you, I will get a legitimate taxi with no one in the back seat.
Any and all answers are appreciated. Thank you. :)
I am an American thinking of traveling down south from Manila in the next couple weeks and was wondering if Davao City is currently safe for Americans. I am only concerned with the potential threats posed by terrorists and extremists in the area and not concerned with general dangers like being mugged by locals. The locals I can handle, the terrorists/extremists I cannot. Thank you. -Walter
I am a white, 30-something American who is interested in spending the summer months of June - August in Boracay. I am educated, professional, and well-traveled and have spent time in Bangkok, Thailand, Bali, Indonesia, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
I have a few questions to ask regarding travels to and stays in Boracay.
1. How old are the typical visitors to Boracay who enjoy the nightlife / party scene? Are they in there 20s, or are there people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s there, too? Are there many westerners there?
Bangkok and Bali both had visitors from their teens to their 70s, so that was cool. Is Boracay the same?
2. Do the women express interest in westerners? If so, what is their motivation?
I enjoyed the attention of members of the opposite sex during my travels throughout Thailand and Indonesia, but they were not exactly after my good looks. In Mexico, it was close to impossible to get the attention of women because I felt that they saw me as a white tourist with limited Spanish speaking skills.
3. Is the nightlife scene lively 7 nights a week? Or is it only on the weekends? Are some nights better than others?
4. Is it okay to enjoy alcoholic beverages in the open, or should I keep them concealed? Mind you, I am not going to be stumbling drunk down the beach with a keg, but rather discreet and enjoying a cold beer under the shade of a tree.
5. Is it possible to rent an apartment there? Or is my only option to check in to a hotel? If apartments are available, what is the weekly / monthly rate in pesos?
6. Will I get bored if I stay over sixty days?
7. What is the nightlife like during late May to early August?
I have read that this is the low-season, but a huge part of the reason why I am interested in visiting Boracay is for its nightlife. The only time during the year that I can visit is from late May till early August.
I DO NOT MIND CROWDS. I like a bustling nightlife. Though it is no doubt tuned down during the low-season, I need assistance in answering these questions:
a. Can I still expect a bustling nightlife?
b. Will all the bars and clubs be open?
c. Will there be people on the streets enjoying themselves?
d. Will there be other westerners there?
e. Will the bars and clubs stay open late into the night?
f. Will it be possible to go to the bars and clubs 7 nights a week?
I know this is a lot to ask and some of it even redundant, but I have been involved on numerous forums about foreign destinations in the past and have always enjoyed some of the insight and information that members with intimate knowledge of those locations have provided in the past, and I hope to find some useful information here on this forum.
Again, I would appreciate any and all helpful responses. I hope to hear from you soon.
Hi. I will be going to Davao City with my family and I'm looking for a vacation house. I found these two houses: flipkey.com/davao-vacation-r... and flipkey.com/davao-vacation-r.... House number 1 is very nice. It is in General Malvar Street near downtown but a little bit too expensive for my budget. House number 2 is in Nova Tierra and more in line on what I plan to spend.
Is Nova Tierra a good area?? It seems to be close to both the beaches on Samal Island and the new malls and quite a peaceful place to stay, however it is a bit far from downtown.
Is there a way to get the tourist visa extended beyond the 30 day limit on the island of Boracay?
Or do I need to go to the Philippine embassy in my home country to apply for an extended visa?
Please advise. I will be on the island for approximately 40 days.
Good day. I've read a lot of blogs and sites regarding on how to get to camiguin, but almost all i see is just for commute ride. I would like to ask if how much do we need to pay in the balingoan port if we will bring our own car to camiguin? If possible can I have answers urgently. As we will be having a trip this Wednesday (March 25, 2015). Thanks a lot and God bless
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2015 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|