Panglao Island Travel Answers

change location

Food budget for 9 person

by Ronnz Online Now Feb 16, 2008 at 12:57 AM

Hi,

I am planning a budget with our visit to panglao island this summer, but I don't have any idea how much the foods might cost per meal or per person.

Can anyone give me informations on much does each person meal cost, or how much does a group of 9 person all adults lunch or dinner cost us. Just a rough estimate / idea will help, so I can budget my money or else we migth end up on having a having a short budget.

Thanks to all.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • johnmperry's Profile Photo

Re: Food budget for 9 person

by johnmperry Online Now Feb 16, 2008 at 1:25 AM

I was at Panglao a couple of weeks ago. I didn't actually eat there. Eating in Tagbilaran is variable and probably comparable, but maybe 150PHP per head is reasonable +- (US$1=40PHP, euro1=60PHP, GBP1=80PHP).

Tagbilaran is a lot cheaper than for instance Cebu or Dumaguete. But beware - restaurants seem to close at 9pm or earlier. That includes, eg McD and Pizza Hut. Good eating at Metro City hotel. Also reasonable at dim sum place next door to it.

Also recommended: a trip to see the Chocolate Hills, Tarsiers, etc. Take the lunch Loboc river cruise - the food is good and plentiful and the whole trip is only 280PHP per person.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johnmperry's Profile Photo

Re: Food budget for 9 person

by johnmperry Online Now Feb 17, 2008 at 6:16 AM

Sorry I re-read my earlier post and it may be a bit confusing. To hire a car for the tour I suggested should be around 2000PHP. What you do if there are 9 of you I don't really know. The 280 PHP I said is just for the river lunch cruise. I thought it was great value for money.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Panglao Island