Travel Answers
Panamá City

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• xymmot's Profile Photo

Is renting a car a good thing in Panama ?

by xymmot Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I'm staying in Panama for week and a half. Do
      you suggest renting a car?

3 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    • MichaelH49's Profile Photo

getting into Panama City from Tocumen

by MichaelH49 Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 3:22 PM

flying into Tocumen Panama at 11 am .. and cannot believe they only have taxis to the city.. I heard there was a bus close by but you need to get a token as the driver downs take cash....and they don't sell them at the airport...seems like it s geared to make it expensive for the tourist to get out of the airport.. however I heard there is a mall nearby in walking distance from the airport where I might buy a token to get on the bus.....Does anybody have any info on that? thanks

5 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 8:45 PM
    • MichaelH49's Profile Photo

will be in Panama City only one day and a half

by MichaelH49 Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 6:11 PM

I wondered if there were a place close( say 2 hours or so by bus) from panama City where I could go back and forth in a day just to taste local flavor and see a bit of the country from a bus.... I get into Panama city early on a FRiday and leave Saturday afternoon... I can check out the city at night, and the second day, just though I d hop on one of their famous buses for a few hours to get to see the lay of the land... where would someone recommend that's typical, local colour and still leaves me enough time to get there, have a meal and come back in a space of maybe 6 or 7 hours ?

2 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 7:54 AM
    • Transportation

by marierand Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 11:55 AM

We are arriving in Panama city for the first time and will be staying there for 1 night and then going on to Playa Coronado for the rest of our vacation. We have heard horror stories about driving in Panama, what are our best modes of transportation?

13 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 4:33 PM
    • scurry10's Profile Photo

Restaurants

by scurry10 Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 7:38 AM

What are some good and inexpensive places to eat in panama city?

4 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    • Where to stay in PC - young couple

by bostongirl02127 Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Looking for a good neighborhood to stay for 3-5 nights in Panama City. Will be traveling with only my boyfriend and we'd like to be around places that have plenty of restaurants, bars, and cafes for walking around at night and within taxi-distance to other sights/cultural activities in the city. From my research so far, El Cangrejo and Bellavista seem to be the most-trodden neighborhoods that meet my criteria but I'd prefer something less touristy. Casco Viejo sounds wonderful and much more to my liking but I'm reading mixed reviews around whether or not there's enough nightlife. Don't need big loud clubs but just would love to be able to end our late nights with drinks and good food near wherever we stay - so my question is should which of these (or any other) neighborhoods would be best? Thanks!

2 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    • Best Way to see the Panama Canal

by msus1 Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Hi there. I will be visiting Panama City in a few weeks and am trying to determine the best way to visit the canal beyond just a visit to the Miraflores Locks.

Is it worth it to take a boat that will do a partial transit of the canal? Should I head to the Gatun Locks?

I have three days in Panama City.

Thanks,
      Matt

2 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 8:27 AM
    • Taxi from Panama City to Gamboa Rainforest Resort

by heertostay Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Taxi from Panama City to Gamboa Rainforest Resort
      Hi. Wondering about taxi fare and how easy (or hard) it is to get taxi to go back to the city. Thanks so much.

4 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 5:02 PM
    • island close by with reasonable family accommodation

by katpla Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 8:52 PM

We will be in Panama City next month for a conference but hope to take the kids somewhere close by for a couple of days away from the city(16 and 17 yrs). We have looked into Isla Contadora and Isla Grande - any suggestions? Ideally we will be somewhere quiet with great beaches, the kids would be happy surfing or snorkelling. Prefer to stay away from resorts and happy to have something very basic. Thanks

3 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    • Marionc2's Profile Photo

Nice boat rides in Panama City???

by Marionc2 Online Now Dec 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Hi, I'd like to know if anyone could advise me on where I should go to spend a day out in the islands around Panama City... Preferably quite cheap! Thanks a lot,
      Marion

2 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM
    • jrmcdona's Profile Photo

Panama City to Bocos - driving?

by jrmcdona Online Now Nov 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM

How is the drive from Panama city from Bocos or is it not recommended?

I can also fly and that will be fine. However, once I get to Bocos is it easy to get around to go explore other areas.

For example, how easy is it go get from the Pacific to the Carribean side if you wanted to?

Late planning on this trip so trying to get a general plan of a attack.

Thanks!
      Jordan

• UmaS12's Profile Photo

Central America

by UmaS12 Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 8:28 PM

So do I go to Panama first or Gutemala first and then to Panama

5 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 4:07 PM
    • Transport from Panama city to Colon

by Katnoz1 Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM

In two weeks time we will be travelling to Panama City, stay there one night en head on to Colon (cruise). We are à party of six, oud Mother being 88 years old.
      Is it easy to arrange transportation the day before? E.g. a van?

1 Answer Nov 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    • Mari1ta's Profile Photo

Small salsa/tango shoes - compran sandalias de tango/salsa pequeña

by Mari1ta Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 5:15 AM

I will be coming to Panama City in December. I would like to buy nice small (size EU34 - UK2) tango/salsa shoes. Do you know of a good shop for this? Or is there maybe even a place whre I can have shoes made specifically?

• taxi fare in panamacity

by miladachvatal Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 1:53 AM

how much is taxi for 2 persons from the airport to theTryp PanamaCentro hotel

2 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    • name of winery

by JLuiz Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 7:15 PM

wineries de la ciudad

1 Answer Oct 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    • glendesilva's Profile Photo

Best Location to stay for a short Visit

by glendesilva Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 4:38 AM

Hi, can someone help me with the best area to stay, i am visiting Panama city for a conference on the 14th Oct. So i plan to arrive on 11th afternoon so i have the weekend 12th and 13th to do some sight seeing. I also would like to do a day trip on Saturday if possible and explore the city on 13th. I have read a bit abt the areas but i want to know what are the best areas for photography as i am a part time photographer as well. I love to take nature as well as historical sights as well and architecture. the conference will be held at teh Hard Rock Hotel Megapolis. 13th and 14th so i can check that area during those to day and would like to stay away from that area for the first 2 day. also what are the recommended local beach areas that are most popular?

thanks!!

2 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    • twilightmuse's Profile Photo

Things to do.

by twilightmuse Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I'm going to Panama by myself in Sept for 2 weeks. My first solo backpacking adventure so I am really nervous. Can anyone recommend places to see around the city? I don't intend to stay there for more than 3 days than I want to go to Bocas del Toro for the rest of the trip. So I have loads of questions! Are Atm's available- do they recognize Canadian banks (I'm PC), is there should not be missed stuff around the city? How hard is it to get from the airport to the city? I also have to find the domestic airport to get to Bocas. Should I try to jump over to Costa Rica? Ah lots of trepidation and questions!!

6 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM
    • Furniture store

by jeanniebell Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Any good furniture stores in PC? What about David?

• chunchie2's Profile Photo

Cheap Hotel near airport

by chunchie2 Online Now Jun 28, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Can someone suggest an inexpensive hotel near airport, we will be laying over for 11 hours on July11th.

2 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 7:43 AM
    • Snriac2's Profile Photo

How can I get a motorcycle license in Panama?

by Snriac2 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Hola!
      I am a US citizen who doesn't speak spanish well, and I am hoping to travel to Panama City where I want to get a motorcycle license and buy a used motorcycle. Then I want to ride it all the way through Central America and into the US. I have a valid US drivers license and have heard that I don't need a motorcycle license in Central America if the motorcycle is 125cc or less. The problem then is that I won't be able to enter the States with the motorcycle. How long does it take to get a license that would be valid in the States, and can a novice spanish speaker pass the tests required? What else should I think about before attempting this?
      Muchas gracias,
      Matt

3 Answers Mar 27, 2013 at 2:55 AM
    • Weather

by bellagio3 Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 6:15 PM

When is the better time to travel to Panama weatherwise?

2 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    • Public Transport

by BLOCKM Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM

My daughter just started an internship for 6 months i Panama City and found a shared flat in el Granjero. Could anybody help us with an information, how she gets from el granjero via metrobus to her office near Tocumen Airport? Are there other possibilities she could try (like a lift from s.o. who drives the same direction e.g., reliable phone No. for a taxi on daily basis etc.)
      Your help is highly appreciated.

1 Answer Mar 23, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    • Public Transport

by BLOCKM Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Hello - my daughter just started an internship for 6 months and found a shared flat in El Cangrejo. She now tries to find a metrobus line, which will give her a good transport to her new office, near Tokumen Airport.
      Could you support me with some information.
      Besides Metrobus, are there other possibilities (like car-sharing e.g.) and how can she find these.
      Your help is very much appreciated.

• delnero80's Profile Photo

where should I stay?

by delnero80 Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Hello, I will be in Panama alone for 3 nights and I was wondering what the best part of the city to stay in would be? I am looking for something with the following:
      -close to major sites/interests
      -great/safe neighborhhod
      -shops, bars, restaurants in walking distance
      -not just tourists
      Your help is appreciated!

4 Answers Apr 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    • Hostel recommendation?

by Asquaredadventures Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a fun, nice hostel to stay in or at least a good neighborhood? We are a married couple (on our 16 month honeymoon) in our 30's, so we would want a private room, but love the opportunity to meet fellow travelers. We were referred to the Luna's Castle Hostel, but they don't take reservations for private rooms.

We will be there for 3 nights (2 full days), Feb 14th to 17th.

Good places to eat, drink, see?

Thanks!

Autumn and Abe Shelton

2 Answers Feb 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    • 4 Hour Layover in Panama City April 19, WTD

by karen95147 Online Now Jan 6, 2013 at 6:17 AM

4 Hour L/O Panama 04/19. Is that enough time to get to old town & back to the airport? Is it safe for a single woman? Thank you.

4 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    • Night Arrival PTY - airport taxi or hotel car service?

by edarcie Online Now Jan 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM

A friend and I are arriving in PTY on an evening flight and land around 10 PM (22:00). As two women traveling together, is it worth the extra money (around20) to use the car service that the hotel recommends over an airport cab? We'll be going to Casco Viejo to Hotel Tantalo.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

3 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    • portraitofalegend's Profile Photo

Jamaican Restuarant in Panama City.

by portraitofalegend Online Now Dec 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Google cannot find one, therefore, are there any Jamaican restuarant in Panama City?

If not, would the locals and visitors welcome a fine Jamaican restuarant in the city?

2 Answers Dec 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Places for new year's eve

by monicarc Online Now Nov 30, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Does anyone know of any special or traditional activities locals might do in panama city, panama for new year's eve? thanks