Panamá City Travel Answers

change location

Hostel recommendation?

by Asquaredadventures Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a fun, nice hostel to stay in or at least a good neighborhood? We are a married couple (on our 16 month honeymoon) in our 30's, so we would want a private room, but love the opportunity to meet fellow travelers. We were referred to the Luna's Castle Hostel, but they don't take reservations for private rooms.

We will be there for 3 nights (2 full days), Feb 14th to 17th.

Good places to eat, drink, see?

Thanks!

Autumn and Abe Shelton

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Re: Hostel recommendation?

by mircaskirca Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM

hi!

I also stayed in Luna's Castle Hostel. I booked a room via email, a single room with shared bathroom. but this was two years ago and they might change the policy since then.

Luna's Castle Hostel is situated in the heart of Casco Viejo (old town), in a three-story colonial mansion near the water's edge. the natural beauty of the architecture is enhanced by fresh paint, funky furniture and plenty of paintings and sculptures. lounging area is pretty big and there's a nice balcony with the gorgeous view of Casco Viejo and Panama Bay. breakfast is included and it consists of (make-your-own) pancakes, bananas, coffee and tea. there's a bar underneath the hostel with great vibe, music and drink specials. all in all, a very nice place to stay and meet up with fellow travellers! I can only recommend it!

mira

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Hostel recommendation?

by Asquaredadventures Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Thanks, but they don't allow reservations anymore. I only mentioned that hostel so I wouldn't get it as a recommendation. Need some place else, please!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines