Panama

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• onward ticket

Panama Mar 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I am flying into Panama from the United States to meet up with a boat which I will continue on out of the country. I've read that an onward ticket is required upon entry to prove I'm not staying in Panama. How strict is this or how can I show I'm not planning on leaving by plane?

more
    • Travelling by bus from PC to Cerro Azul

Cerro Azul Mar 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Do you have any idea if that is possible? If so - do you know where and when to catch the bus?
      Thanks kindly

more
    • Panama humidity

Panama Apr 10, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Is all of Panama of high humidity? Or are there areas that are less humid?

more
    • Panama humidity

Panama Apr 10, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Is all of Panama of high humidity? Or are there areas that are less humid?

4 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM
    • onward ticket

Panama Mar 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I am flying into Panama from the United States to meet up with a boat which I will continue on out of the country. I've read that an onward ticket is required upon entry to prove I'm not staying in Panama. How strict is this or how can I show I'm not planning on leaving by plane?

2 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 4:55 PM
    • Travelling by bus from PC to Cerro Azul

Cerro Azul Mar 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Do you have any idea if that is possible? If so - do you know where and when to catch the bus?
      Thanks kindly

3 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 6:31 PM
    • dustmon's Profile Photo

Playa Suecas

Isla Contadora Mar 17, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Is this still a good, safe place for nude sunbathing? Easy to get to, and any food/drink nearby?

1 Answer Mar 18, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    • Bus to Las Tablas

Las Tablas Mar 16, 2014 at 6:20 PM

We are landing at Panama City and staying in Las Tablas, I read taking the bus is a good way to travel. Can someone tell
      me where we can get the bus, as well as if there is one stop in Las Tablas.

2 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM
    • Itinerary for 4 1/2 days...family of 7!

Panama Feb 28, 2014 at 11:37 AM

We are arriving in PTY at 1:30am on a tuesday. We are in the Panama area until Saturday when our cruise leaves Colon at 5pm...
      Could someone suggest an itinerary that makes sense for us to follow?
      We are interested in seeing a little of the city, the canal, rainforest, fishing, wildlife(monkeys, etc..) A day trip to El Valle?
      Not sure where to stay that would be economical for our family of 7. (our kids are 18, 16, 15, 12 and 10)
      Renting a car from PTY and returning it in Colon before boarding our cruise...or should we take the train into Colon for that experience.
      We usually do beachy vacations so thats not necessary to include in these 4 days.
      Please any suggestions are welcome!!

12 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • Internet connection

Panama Feb 28, 2014 at 7:03 AM

I am going to panama in april. I would like to buy a simcard for my phone to stay connected. Mostly internetconnection, very little call time....

What is the best?
      What is the cheapest?
      Where can i buy it in?

Thanks johan

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • How long to stay?

Provincia de Bocas del Toro Feb 25, 2014 at 7:19 PM

we are going to Panama, but only have sunday evening until tuesday afternoon to spend in Bocas... does it worth it to pay airline tickets and hotel for that short time? Which would be the best activities to do in that time frame? thanks for the advice!

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM
    • xymmot's Profile Photo

Is renting a car a good thing in Panama ?

Panamá City Feb 17, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I'm staying in Panama for week and a half. Do
      you suggest renting a car?

3 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    • MichaelH49's Profile Photo

getting into Panama City from Tocumen

Panamá City Feb 17, 2014 at 3:22 PM

flying into Tocumen Panama at 11 am .. and cannot believe they only have taxis to the city.. I heard there was a bus close by but you need to get a token as the driver downs take cash....and they don't sell them at the airport...seems like it s geared to make it expensive for the tourist to get out of the airport.. however I heard there is a mall nearby in walking distance from the airport where I might buy a token to get on the bus.....Does anybody have any info on that? thanks

5 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 8:45 PM
    • Family Travel

Panama Feb 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Hi-
      We are looking for the ultimate Panama experience- rain forest, Panama Canal, beaches, remote area for a couple of days, city for a couple of days... We will travel.. We would love a good pool for kids when we are at the hotel as well as a good bar and restaurant. I just don't even know where to start. We will be there for 8 days. I would love the best itinerary that you could suggest. Thanks!
      Jennifer Wright

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 5:11 PM
    • MichaelH49's Profile Photo

will be in Panama City only one day and a half

Panamá City Feb 15, 2014 at 6:11 PM

I wondered if there were a place close( say 2 hours or so by bus) from panama City where I could go back and forth in a day just to taste local flavor and see a bit of the country from a bus.... I get into Panama city early on a FRiday and leave Saturday afternoon... I can check out the city at night, and the second day, just though I d hop on one of their famous buses for a few hours to get to see the lay of the land... where would someone recommend that's typical, local colour and still leaves me enough time to get there, have a meal and come back in a space of maybe 6 or 7 hours ?

2 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 7:54 AM
    • mostaque's Profile Photo

San Blas Island Trip

Bocas del Toro Feb 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I will have a rental car - where do I drive up to get the 4 wheel Jeeps to go to the san blas Islands. Is it better to leave my car at the hotel and take a prepaid day trip. Thanks for your answer.

4 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    • Transportation

Panamá City Feb 15, 2014 at 11:55 AM

We are arriving in Panama city for the first time and will be staying there for 1 night and then going on to Playa Coronado for the rest of our vacation. We have heard horror stories about driving in Panama, what are our best modes of transportation?

13 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 4:33 PM
    • mostaque's Profile Photo

Cost of Ferry

Bocas del Toro Feb 13, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Do any one of know how much it cost to take a rental car to the Island and come back ? I will like to hear from some did or does. Thanks

1 Answer Feb 26, 2014 at 5:47 PM
    • scurry10's Profile Photo

Restaurants

Panamá City Feb 11, 2014 at 7:38 AM

What are some good and inexpensive places to eat in panama city?

4 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    • Where to stay in PC - young couple

Panamá City Feb 6, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Looking for a good neighborhood to stay for 3-5 nights in Panama City. Will be traveling with only my boyfriend and we'd like to be around places that have plenty of restaurants, bars, and cafes for walking around at night and within taxi-distance to other sights/cultural activities in the city. From my research so far, El Cangrejo and Bellavista seem to be the most-trodden neighborhoods that meet my criteria but I'd prefer something less touristy. Casco Viejo sounds wonderful and much more to my liking but I'm reading mixed reviews around whether or not there's enough nightlife. Don't need big loud clubs but just would love to be able to end our late nights with drinks and good food near wherever we stay - so my question is should which of these (or any other) neighborhoods would be best? Thanks!

2 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    • Best Way to see the Panama Canal

Panamá City Feb 6, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Hi there. I will be visiting Panama City in a few weeks and am trying to determine the best way to visit the canal beyond just a visit to the Miraflores Locks.

Is it worth it to take a boat that will do a partial transit of the canal? Should I head to the Gatun Locks?

I have three days in Panama City.

Thanks,
      Matt

2 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Whale watching from David/Playa Barquette?

David Feb 3, 2014 at 4:59 AM

We will be in the area this coming August and want to see some whales--are there any tour/boat operators that have whale watching tours? Heard that the Gulf of Chiriqui is a good place for this...

3 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Contedora Island or Bocas Del Toro, Panama

Provincia de Bocas del Toro Jan 31, 2014 at 10:01 AM

I am trying to find out which is the better tourist area to go to in Panama either Contadora Island or Boca Del Toro

6 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Bocas Del Toro

Provincia de Bocas del Toro Jan 31, 2014 at 9:59 AM

This will be my first time going to Bocas Del Toro and is there any helpful tips on the island, where to stay, how to get around and good places to eat.

1 Answer Feb 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM
    • Taxi from Panama City to Gamboa Rainforest Resort

Panamá City Jan 29, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Taxi from Panama City to Gamboa Rainforest Resort
      Hi. Wondering about taxi fare and how easy (or hard) it is to get taxi to go back to the city. Thanks so much.

4 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 5:02 PM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Border complications from C.R. to Panama?

Panama Jan 28, 2014 at 5:40 AM

Hi there!
      I 'm flying to San Jose next month, and after some time , I'm thinking to take a bus from S.J. to Panama city. Probably would be a direct bus, or could consider to change somewhere, if it could make it cheaper, although slower.... Any recommendations guys?
      Also, I read some strange bureaucratic procedures at the border, with obligation to present an onward / return ticket for leaving Panama on a certain future date / way.
      Anybody knows the current situation with that, if it is strictly enforced?
      This could be a bus ticket, or obligatory to be flight ?
      I have a flight ticket from San Jose to Europe, but maybe not enough?
      And anyway, best would be to remain free to decide later, while in Panama, about the exact date and form of transport back to CR.
      Generally it seems a big trouble after all....
      Somewhere was mentioned, to have printed a ticket and cancell it later.
      Also, that if you just print an itinerary from web ticket searching sites, it could be enough, even without actually buying the ticket, which is the best way if it works... (if they don't really examine it in detail)
      I was thinking to get there for carnival, a busy period, this could make requirements stricter or relaxed?
      Many thanks !
      Nikolaos

2 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 4:13 AM
    • Caravan trip to Panama - leaving Detroit in Winter arriving in Panama city

Panama Jan 27, 2014 at 9:01 AM

What should I pack for 8 days?

2 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 9:35 AM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Panama on low budget?

Panama Jan 24, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Hi there!
      I plan to go to Panama in March for a week - ten day trip, and have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
      I’ll fly to San Hose and later will enter Panama
      Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Panama, at low budget levels of comfort?
      Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
      It seems to be high season, so prices won't be at the low side I'm afraid...
      My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, the Panama canal of course… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
      I hope to move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide .
      What do you think?
      Many thanks, happy travels to all!
      Nikolaos

5 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 6:29 AM
    • Elopement out of the us

Bocas del Toro Jan 23, 2014 at 1:04 PM

What do you need to do to legally marry in bocas del toro, panama. We are from the United States....

4 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Hot springs?

Caldera Jan 20, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Saw an older note about hot springs in Caldera---we will be in the area this summer and curious about the location?

• Sinosphere's Profile Photo

Panama: what to do?

Panama Jan 19, 2014 at 3:39 AM

Hello,

We want to visit Panama in late february but suddently we don't really know what to do. Obviously we know there are several sights such as San Blas Islands, Panama City old town or La Admistad NP.

But on the other hand we want to know if the sites are easy to access, and if it's nice to stay in small town, strolling seaside, etc... a little bit like in Costa Rica. Panama has the same ambiance than in Costa Rica? Moreover Darien NP appears really hard to access.

Thank you

6 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    • island close by with reasonable family accommodation

Panamá City Jan 8, 2014 at 8:52 PM

We will be in Panama City next month for a conference but hope to take the kids somewhere close by for a couple of days away from the city(16 and 17 yrs). We have looked into Isla Contadora and Isla Grande - any suggestions? Ideally we will be somewhere quiet with great beaches, the kids would be happy surfing or snorkelling. Prefer to stay away from resorts and happy to have something very basic. Thanks

3 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    • darien trip rancho frio

Provincia del Darién Jan 6, 2014 at 4:31 PM

What`s the latest time, to go from yaviza to El Real. What time does it take to go further to Rancho frio. Can I manage it in 3 days? (february)?

Is it possible to return to yaviza till 12:00 a.m? (busconnection to panama)

Andi