Panama

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lost items in taxi

Panamá City Yesterday

I may have forgotten my cell phone in a cab, is there a taxi company that I could get ahold of to ask if it was found or is it hopeless?

1 Answer Yesterday
    • ANGEPRIETOY's Profile Photo

YAVIZA DARIÉN

Yaviza Jul 3, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Hola,me gustaía obtener información de horas y horarios para ir desde Panamá Ciudad hasta el P.N. Darién,He visto que es necesario ir en bote hasta el Real desde Yaviza o ya ir en avioneta a El Real (creo q eso debe ser muy caro),y no puedo saber cuantas horas me puede llevar ese viaje.Gracias.

• ANGEPRIETOY's Profile Photo

ISLA COIBA P.N.

Isla de Coiba Jul 3, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Hola,alguien me puede decir el mejor modo para visitar Isla de Coiba,me gustaría pasar una noche en el Parque y volver al día siguiente para desde allí ya ir hacia Costa Rica.
      Gracias.

2 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    • mpierre16's Profile Photo

what to pack for this weekend june 28, 2014 for a week

Panama Jun 26, 2014 at 4:17 PM

what to pack for this weekend june 28, 2014 for a week

3 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM
    • what are some things i can do with my kids?

Panama Jun 25, 2014 at 2:34 PM

what are some things I can go and do with my kids?

2 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 3:24 PM
    • Traveling with small kids to Panama

Panama Jun 22, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Hi we will be traveling to Panama next month and plan on visiting a ton of places while there.
      First question, we plan on traveling by rental car from PC to David, Boquete, then on to Bocas Del Toro. Is this a good idea? or is it better to take the bus?

Second questions, are there any must see attractions for small kids both are under 6?

Thank you

1 Answer Jun 23, 2014 at 8:12 AM
    • How many days to see it all???

Boquete Jun 21, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Will be traveling with two small children and want to know will they have fun and how many days should I stay until we move on to Bocas Del Toro?

Thank you

• panama city Panama

Panamá City Jun 13, 2014 at 8:21 AM

We will be touring with the Caravan tour company. We will be arriving in the city a few days
      earlier than the start of the tour. What would you suggest we see in Panama city itself?
      We are going to the Canal and other sites so I do not want to revisit those places.
      I had thought about the hop on hop off tour by Viator...have you experience with that group? Or can you suggestion some other places we can visit independently?
      Appreciate all suggestions...We do not speak Spanish. Regards, Evelyn

7 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    • Transfer from PTY airport to Playa Blanca

Playa Blanca Jun 11, 2014 at 4:32 AM

any advice on how i can go from PTY to Playa Blanca resort?
      and the cost of such transportation?
      Thanks.
      G

1 Answer Jun 11, 2014 at 6:11 AM
    • decorative acrylic paint

David Jun 6, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Where can I find acrylic paint

4 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    • Business in Panama

Panama Jun 4, 2014 at 7:33 AM

If I go to panama on a business trip what place would you recommend me to go ?

3 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • Where can you buy tennis accesories (balls, strings, grips) in quantity? John

Panamá City Jun 3, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Where can you buy tennis accessories (balls, strings, grips) in quantity? John

1 Answer Jun 13, 2014 at 10:05 AM
    • need Propane refrigerator for small cabina

David May 26, 2014 at 11:25 AM

We live in CR & can't find a propane refrigerator for our house. Does anyone know where to buy them in Panama?

• Where to stay in panama for 3 nights

Panamá City May 15, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Hi

My and my fiancé are stating in panama for 3 ngts in October as part of our honeymoon. I've been reading up on panama so much that I'm now confused of where to stay?!! Do we stay in a flashy hotel in the business district or do we stay in Casco viejo with historical surroundings? We want a good location that has bars, restaurants and is close to the main sites ie. the canal, plaza da francia, plaza de Bolivia, etc. Can anyone recommend?

3 Answers May 22, 2014 at 6:20 PM
    • MalenaN's Profile Photo

Islas San Blas or not

Comarca de San Blas May 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Two places are on my wish list when I visit Panama in June. It is Islas San Blas and Isla de Coiba, but now I’m starting to doubt about Islas San Blas.

I have read old posts in forums and read reviews about different islands and accommodation is Islas San Blas. Some people describe the islands as paradise, while others don’t. I have read that the small islands can be really crowded (Coco Blanco and Kuanidup), food is no good (dry white bread in the morning and pasta), there is a lot of noise at night and impossible to sleep, there are table tennis and volleyball courts, you have to pay extra for everything (like using a hammock) only one very short excursion is offered each day etc.

A few questions:

1. Will it be crowded in June too?

2. What is your experience? Can anyone recommend a good island, where it is peaceful and where they make good excursions. I don’t mind rustic nor sleeping in a tent.

3. What about the sailing trips around Islas San Blas? I have read they are no longer allowed, but on the other hand I saw a review made by someone who had recently been on one.

4. Is it possible to book a tour to Islas San Blas in Panama City, only one or two days before going?

5 Answers May 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Isla de Coiba

Isla de Coiba May 2, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I will visit Panama in the end of June, which is considered to be low season.

If I go to Santa Catalina, how easy will it be to find tours to Isla de Coiba that time of year? Will there be other people around to share the costs with? Most of all I'm interested in multiday tours.

What is the current price for tours (daytours/multiday tours) from Santa Catalina to Isla de Coiba?

Budget accommodation in Panama City

Panamá City Apr 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM

I have been looking around at some booking sites (and on VT) but can't really find what I'm looking for. And I don't really know which area is good to stay in. What about Casco Viejo and Bellavista?

Can anyone recommend a nice budget accommodation in Panama City?

I don't want to stay in a dorm, and I don't want to stay at a party hostel. I prefer not to pay more than $30 for a single room but if it is worth it I can pay a bit more.

3 Answers May 5, 2014 at 9:42 PM
    • Back-backers hostals catering to solo travellers and who organise trips

Panama Apr 24, 2014 at 3:25 PM

My English 22 yo nephew is planning to travel from South America to Central America by August. Could anyone kindly help me to help him put together a plan please in Central America? For instance, easiest border-crossings, not to be missed hi-lites. What should be avoided. Which back-packer hostels best cater to solo travelers where he can meet up with other travelers and join in on excursions organized by the hostels. The countries he is interested in are Nicaragua, Belize, Costa Rica and Panama. Thank you.

1 Answer Apr 24, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    • Panama humidity

Panama Apr 10, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Is all of Panama of high humidity? Or are there areas that are less humid?

4 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM
    • onward ticket

Panama Mar 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I am flying into Panama from the United States to meet up with a boat which I will continue on out of the country. I've read that an onward ticket is required upon entry to prove I'm not staying in Panama. How strict is this or how can I show I'm not planning on leaving by plane?

2 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 4:55 PM
    • Travelling by bus from PC to Cerro Azul

Cerro Azul Mar 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Do you have any idea if that is possible? If so - do you know where and when to catch the bus?
      Thanks kindly

4 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 1:38 PM
    • dustmon's Profile Photo

Playa Suecas

Isla Contadora Mar 17, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Is this still a good, safe place for nude sunbathing? Easy to get to, and any food/drink nearby?

1 Answer Mar 18, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    • Bus to Las Tablas

Las Tablas Mar 16, 2014 at 6:20 PM

We are landing at Panama City and staying in Las Tablas, I read taking the bus is a good way to travel. Can someone tell
      me where we can get the bus, as well as if there is one stop in Las Tablas.

3 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 3:18 PM
    • Itinerary for 4 1/2 days...family of 7!

Panama Feb 28, 2014 at 11:37 AM

We are arriving in PTY at 1:30am on a tuesday. We are in the Panama area until Saturday when our cruise leaves Colon at 5pm...
      Could someone suggest an itinerary that makes sense for us to follow?
      We are interested in seeing a little of the city, the canal, rainforest, fishing, wildlife(monkeys, etc..) A day trip to El Valle?
      Not sure where to stay that would be economical for our family of 7. (our kids are 18, 16, 15, 12 and 10)
      Renting a car from PTY and returning it in Colon before boarding our cruise...or should we take the train into Colon for that experience.
      We usually do beachy vacations so thats not necessary to include in these 4 days.
      Please any suggestions are welcome!!

12 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • Internet connection

Panama Feb 28, 2014 at 7:03 AM

I am going to panama in april. I would like to buy a simcard for my phone to stay connected. Mostly internetconnection, very little call time....

What is the best?
      What is the cheapest?
      Where can i buy it in?

Thanks johan

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • How long to stay?

Provincia de Bocas del Toro Feb 25, 2014 at 7:19 PM

we are going to Panama, but only have sunday evening until tuesday afternoon to spend in Bocas... does it worth it to pay airline tickets and hotel for that short time? Which would be the best activities to do in that time frame? thanks for the advice!

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM
    • xymmot's Profile Photo

Is renting a car a good thing in Panama ?

Panamá City Feb 17, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I'm staying in Panama for week and a half. Do
      you suggest renting a car?

3 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    • MichaelH49's Profile Photo

getting into Panama City from Tocumen

Panamá City Feb 17, 2014 at 3:22 PM

flying into Tocumen Panama at 11 am .. and cannot believe they only have taxis to the city.. I heard there was a bus close by but you need to get a token as the driver downs take cash....and they don't sell them at the airport...seems like it s geared to make it expensive for the tourist to get out of the airport.. however I heard there is a mall nearby in walking distance from the airport where I might buy a token to get on the bus.....Does anybody have any info on that? thanks

5 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 8:45 PM
    • Family Travel

Panama Feb 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Hi-
      We are looking for the ultimate Panama experience- rain forest, Panama Canal, beaches, remote area for a couple of days, city for a couple of days... We will travel.. We would love a good pool for kids when we are at the hotel as well as a good bar and restaurant. I just don't even know where to start. We will be there for 8 days. I would love the best itinerary that you could suggest. Thanks!
      Jennifer Wright

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 5:11 PM
    • MichaelH49's Profile Photo

will be in Panama City only one day and a half

Panamá City Feb 15, 2014 at 6:11 PM

I wondered if there were a place close( say 2 hours or so by bus) from panama City where I could go back and forth in a day just to taste local flavor and see a bit of the country from a bus.... I get into Panama city early on a FRiday and leave Saturday afternoon... I can check out the city at night, and the second day, just though I d hop on one of their famous buses for a few hours to get to see the lay of the land... where would someone recommend that's typical, local colour and still leaves me enough time to get there, have a meal and come back in a space of maybe 6 or 7 hours ?

2 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 7:54 AM