Panama Travel Answers

change location
Piumino's Profile Photo

Driving around Panama

by Piumino Online Now May 5, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Hi
My husband and I are off to Panama at the end of June. We are in our late 20's, done a fair bit of travelling before and love to get around places in our pace..hence hiring a car. Has anyone got any advice on this..ie reputable companies and ideas of costs? Do you also need to book all your accomodation or can you just rock up?
We originally thought about flying to the Darien but it will be rainy season and it seems really expensive to do. So our next idea was to visit the Embera Drua on the Chagres. Has anyone done this? If its super touristy then will be really put off! We were then going to hire some wheels and head to Santa Catalina for some surfing and then onto Bocas via Boquete then back. Is this too much of a mission for only 2 wks? Are we making a mistake going to bocas rather than San Blas. We arent that keen on tourist places but if the beaches are amazing and thats why peeps go then thats ok. Is there much to do in San Blas? I am thinking a island with some hammocks and not much else...
All advice would be really gratefully appreciated!!!
Holly

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Panama Travel Answer Locations