Panajachel Travel Answers

change location

Panajachel

by jhoopster0123 Online Now May 7, 2008 at 3:25 PM

After staying in antigua for three nights, we are traveling to panajachel for a couple days. If you know anything about hotels, activities, restaurants, etc., I would appreciate it.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • gdilieto's Profile Photo

Re: Panajachel

by gdilieto Online Now May 7, 2008 at 6:55 PM

I stayed at Hotel Dos Mundos in Panajachel and I am absolutely satisfied with the choice. Location is superb, my room was basic but decent, bathroom with a great shower, the hotel has a nice pool for some relax. Breakfast a little disappointing but that is it. You should make it with some US$60 a day.

The restaurant scene in Pana is not impressive and all restaurants are lined up along the main street. In my view you don't need much of research, just get into the ones that better appeal to you once in town.

About things to do, Panajachel is about the lake, so spend your day in visiting lake Atitlan, its villages and its people. Of the few villages around the lake Santiago Atitlan is a good choice, with the three volcanoes surrounding the village. San Pedro Laguna is the other usual destination, close to Santiago and easily accessible from there.

Public shuttle-boats serving the villages of the lake are a good choice for getting around the lake, just remind there isn't a fixed departure time and they just leave when they get full. Service from lake's villages back to Pana usually stops at sunset so be careful in not missing the last one or you shall overnight in the village.

In Pana do not miss the sunset over the lake. Just get to the shore to enjoy it.

This is pretty much about it. I spent in Pana one full-day and I regret not having time to stay longer.

Enjoy your trip!
    Giuseppe

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bminorca's Profile Photo

Re: Panajachel

by bminorca Online Now May 7, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Yes, the sunset. I've got photos to prove it.

Panajachel Things to Do Tips by bminorca

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines