Panajachel Travel Answers

change location

Helpful infromation & suggestions

by brandycocker Online Now Apr 9, 2007 at 3:37 PM

Hi, I will be visiting Panajachel & Solola in a month or so & need basic travel info once I get to Gutemala City.

Would someone please advise how far it is from Panajachel to Solola & how far Guatemala City is from both of them?

I want to move to either Panajachel or Solola & need general information on that as well, if someone would please be so kind.

I am looking for musicians also.

Can you rent Mo-Peds in Guatemala City? I did this in Europe & N Africa for three years,

Thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Re: Helpful infromation & suggestions

by easterntrekker Online Now Apr 9, 2007 at 6:28 PM

Hi we took the shuttle from G. City to Pana and it took 4.5 hours ( can take longer , depending on the traffic) and cost22.00. We loved this area of Guatemala. The lake is amazing.

We saw mopeds and bikes in G. City ...the pollution is so bad !! I don't know how they could breathe.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Helpful infromation & suggestions

by JJDelmonte Online Now Apr 9, 2007 at 6:28 PM

Hello there, go to www.catours.co.uk/guatemalaexplorer for information on motorcycle rentals in antigua. Panajachel is down the road from Solola.About 10 kms. Go to www.passplanet.com/guatemala. There you'll find lots of useful information on hotels with rates and telephone numbers and how to get to different places.From the airport you might be able to catch a shuttle van to panajachel for about25 it's about 2 or 3 hour ride.Go to www.panajachel.com for info on the area. They are working on that road widen it to a four lane highway.The music shops in Guatemala city would be your best place to find some musicians.Keep in mind that Spirit Airlines is offering some super good deals out of Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles.Good luck.

• Tdiver's Profile Photo

by Tdiver Online Now Apr 10, 2007 at 1:02 AM

From Guatemala city to km Panajachel 116 km ,to Solola is 125 so 9km between them and up 449 m to Solola,to 2115 m.

• RAZOR-REN's Profile Photo

by RAZOR-REN Online Now Apr 10, 2007 at 9:24 AM

IT'S ROUGHLY 4 HOURS FROM GUATEMALA CITY TO PANA OR SOLOLA.

SOLOLA IS NOT FAR FROM PANAJACHEL, IT'S PROBABLY AN HOUR OR LESS JOURNEY.

BARE IN MIND THOUGH THAT PANAJACHEL IS DOWNHILL FROM SOLOLA

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines