Palma de Mallorca Travel Answers

change location

Where is best location for hotel in Palma?

by jessicajessy Online Now Mar 11, 2011 at 1:30 AM

We are going to Palma for a 3 day holiday and wondered where the best place for a hotel is?

The hotels seem to fall into 2 categories - either based at the port - or in the city centre and which appear to be around a 10-15 min walk away from each other.

Could anyone who is familiar with Palma tell me which would be the best area to base ourselves?

Would we be a bit far away, ie, restaurants etc from everything if we were to opt for the port area?

Hope someone can help.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • nada1712's Profile Photo

Re: Where is best location for hotel in Palma?

by nada1712 Online Now Mar 11, 2011 at 1:50 AM

I usually stay in the Old Town to me its much more interesting than those on the coastel roads

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

by ranger49 Online Now Mar 11, 2011 at 2:47 AM

I second the old town and liked the Born Hotel, but a friend was a little disappointed after a stay a year or so ago - thought it a bit run down in quality and service so maybe best to look for recent reviews-

hotelborn.com/index.php/home...

My daughter is always happy with the selections on this site :-

i-escape.com/palma-de-mallor...

She too prefers the historic area near the Cathedral - she stayed in Palau Sa Font last time.

• KakapoTheParrot's Profile Photo

by KakapoTheParrot Online Now Mar 11, 2011 at 3:18 AM

Rather depends on what your motivation for goinng to Palma is? The old town was a very pleasant surprise to me. Palma has(had?) a rather poor reputation in the UK, mostly because of the the Brits who went there. I avoided the place on my first three visits to the island, other than flying in and out.

If you're interested in history then the city centre would be my choice. My impression was that there's a pretty good bus network, although I've not used it in the town. There are good bus links to other parts of the island if you want day out.

• davidmillan's Profile Photo

by davidmillan Online Now Mar 11, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I lived in Palma de Mallorca until 2009, I recommend you the city centre. I Specially recommend the "Jaume III" area or "Paseo MarĂ­timo" disctrict.

From "Paseo MarĂ­timo" disctrict to "Jaume III" area, it's about 15 minutes walking. No much more.

• Re: Where is best location for hotel in Palma?

by jessicajessy Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Thanks for asll the replies, travel tips and hotel recommendations. We've decided based on these recommendations to stay in the old town! Thanks again!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines