Palm Springs Travel Answers

change location
rudysmom626's Profile Photo

Health Foods Grocery Stores in Palm Springs/Palm Desert/Indio area?

by rudysmom626 Online Now Apr 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Hi guys!

I'm headed to Palm Desert for the Coachella Music Festival next weekend... last year, I stayed in La Quinta at the Embassy Suites, which was next to a Fresh & Easy, so that was perfect.... this year, I'm staying at the JW Marriott in Palm Desert - I've heard it's really nice and fun, but I was wondering if anyone could suggest a Whole Foods like grocery store in the Palm Springs/ Palm Desert/ Indio area? I've given up dairy and it's really hard to find some dairy alternatives in regular grocery stores! Thanks so much for your help!

Also, would love a suggestion for a yummy brunch place and a good sandwich shop! Thanks guys!
Blake

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Re: Health Foods Grocery Stores in Palm Springs/Palm Desert/Indio area?

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Apr 5, 2012 at 6:58 PM

A few years ago I went to Nature's Health Food and Cafe in Palm Springs. My motivation wasn't to buy groceries but to have a vegan meal. Attached to the cafe there is an excellent albeit moderately expensive health food store. I am not sure but I believe it is locally owned. Checking the net the store still is open. The address is;

555 S Sunrise Way
    Ste 301
    Palm Springs, 92264
    (760) 323-9487

There well may be a Whole Foods there now but I think you will find this store, particularly because of the cafe, a very good and healthy place to eat.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • worldtrekker's Profile Photo

Re: Health Foods Grocery Stores in Palm Springs/Palm Desert/Indio area?

by worldtrekker Online Now Apr 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Nature's Health Food and Cafe that Steven recommended gets all "very good" and "excellent" reviews on Tripadvisor: http://tinyurl.com/755fjcr so that sounds like a great option. www.nativefoods.com gets mostly very good and excellent reviews as well.

There are also a couple of Trader Joes locations:

Trader Joe's Cathedral City
    67720 E Palm Canyon Dr

Trader Joe's Palm Desert
    44250 Town Center Way

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines