Palm Springs Travel Answers

change location
sazkia's Profile Photo

hotels

by sazkia Online Now Mar 9, 2008 at 6:26 AM

Hello there!

Anyone got any advice on some nice hotels in Palm Springs that is situated in a good location? I'm staying there during the summer for a few days.

Also do you know any nice places to go out at night?

Thanks Sarah xx

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Re: hotels

by giampiero6 Online Now Mar 9, 2008 at 8:11 AM

Hey Sarah. Welcome to VT If you are looking for a party, then Costa's at the Palm Desert Marriott is the place to go, and you can stay there so you don't have to travel far. The pool is very party oriented to. It's where lots of people go for bachelorette and bachelor parties from LA.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, there are also some good clubs in Palm Springs itself and I can check and see if they're still around. Red74 is one of them.

Drop me a note if you need other help.

See you

G

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Re: hotels

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Mar 9, 2008 at 3:33 PM

I'd second the recomendation for Palm Desert.

Palm Springs proper is overbuilt, crowded, and short on parking.
    Desert Hot Springs ( where I am right now, FWIW ) has low prices, but we are finding that we have to drive 10-20 miles for a good restaurant. Next time, we're going southeast.

Try the part of Palm Desert where a street called El Paseo parallels highway 111 for eight or ten blocks. I don't know about the hotels, but the restaurants and shopping are wonderful.

If you have any particular questions, ask them before 10am Pacific standard time tomorrow, and I might be able to have a look before we leave.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines