Palm Springs Travel Answers

change location
rodocanachi2007's Profile Photo

What will be open 13 July onwards please

by rodocanachi2007 Online Now May 25, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Hi there, we have been before to Palm Springs, think it was August last time but we are coming over 13 July this time.

We went to the Lord Fletcher Inn before. Will it be open. I have heard many restaurants are shut at this time of year. If there are any that are good and are open please let us know.

Also, apart from Vons are there any small shops to buy things for the home, i.e. meat, veg etc.for the BBQ

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks. Jane and Martyn in England

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RBCal's Profile Photo

Re: What will be open 13 July onwards please

by RBCal Online Now May 25, 2007 at 12:49 PM

Most restaurants will be open. The best place for groceries is Trader Joe's, it is located near the Target in Cathedral City of East Palm Canyon Drive. Also, Stater Brothers is cheaper than Vons and has better meat. I'm sure that you know that the temperature will be over 100F during the day (38C to 46C).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RBCal's Profile Photo

Re: What will be open 13 July onwards please

by RBCal Online Now May 25, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Also, one of the best restaurants is Zin American Bistro on Indian Canyon. It gets consistently good reviews and is not over priced. A lot of people like Le Vallauris but it is overpriced in my opinion. Copley's is good and located in Cary Grant's former estate. For lunch I like Manhattan in the Desert, it has huge sandwiches.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines